Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

F*cking up in school

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
I just started this new school year, and already I lost 2 text books, and I have a D in Algebra 2, I checked in to the class late, and the teacher counted the assignments I never got, on me. So in reality, I only got 1 assignment, but he counted the 10+ I "didnt do" when I wasnt even in his class!

I have a bad feeling about this year, I CANT mess up! I CANT, I will be a freaking loser if I repeat 11th grade, and not even become a senior, thats a disgrace to myself, and Im already behind credits from last year!!!

I need to grow the f*ck up!!!

/rant-over

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a start, get the hell off Sosuave. It sounds to me like in your situation getting good grades is more pressing than learning how to get girls.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
For a start, get the hell off Sosuave. It sounds to me like in your situation getting good grades is more pressing than learning how to get girls.
Agreed. Work your ass off.

If you've learned about how to be a Man, you should know that your life is more important than your d1ck or comedy.

Ask the teacher for a meeting, explain the issues, and if that fails, then offer to do the missing assignments or extra credit. Teachers will usually allow this. If that fails, contact the school board, cuz that Algebra 2 stuff is crap.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Allow me to offer some counter intuitive advice which might help you more. From the way you express yourself you sound more on the anxious side of the spectrum. The Harakure has a great frame to use for anxiety, it goes like this;

'...you can think of the saying, "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly," as your own basis for action. '

Its a great read by the way - http://users.tkk.fi/~renko/hag1.html

The rational behind this is that when we're anxious we're thinking a lot and when we think we don't see our surroundings as well which in turn causes us to mess up. By making a heavy situation light, we see it better and take the right actions as a result. To put it another way, if you put so much pressure on passing school it will seem like an impossible task and everyone puts those off.

apusislaya

Banned
Reaction score
Ummmm, Algebra 2. 11th grade. It's an easy class by the way. Not only is the subject easy, it is stretched over the whole year. In college you'd do Algebra 1 and 2 and 3 in a semester, lol.

Basically, be there. Do all homework.

Always take notes, review, and study. Don't memorize that bull shyt, just try to understand how it works.

You might be doing bad for a number of things.

A) Teacher no good.
B) You're bad with math.
C) School requires left brain, and you are not a left brain intensive person.

http://www.webpageexperience.com/102/e-FlowerOfLife.gif
Stare in the middle at 100% zoom. If you see triangles, you are using left brain, if you see flowers, you are using right brain.

When studying in school you are really memorizing (especially high school), so that's left brain all the way.

It shouldn't take much effort to study that crap, lol. You guys should be doing ax^2 + by + c = 0 all year long.

Socializing, understanding women, and all that is right brain. So perhaps you come in class in your right brain mode and that's the reason you're doing bad. Too excited and aren't attentive.

SmellyOrc

Don Juan
Reaction score
apusislaya said:
You guys should be doing ax^2 + by + c = 0 all year long.
Its get fun with (natural) logarithms, the power of e and the sine/cosines/tangent. The rest is sh*t easy, lol. Use a graphical calculator if you must :)

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember getting through the college calc series, I & O chem, and physics. I don't know how many people (including myself) had a dry erase board. Basically, we'd write down problems - over and over and over again until our hands cramped.

When it comes to Math, its not just about doing the homework. You practice, practice, practice. Write it down until it literally becomes muscle memory in your hands, as well as your eyes..and of course in your mind.

This is true of any class you take. Also...you basically have to do the work. You have to suffer a bit to get good grades. If that means less Xbox, Sosuave, etc...that's what you gotta do. I remember some counselor in school saying, for every class...expect to spend at least an hour outside of school studying for it. Of course more hours for harder classes.

You can still salvage your school year. Take it one exam at a time bro. Its only Sept. But yea...put in the work...and don't whine. If your mom or dad needed heart surgery, I'm sure you'd want the Doctor who put in countless hours studying and putting in work - than the Doctor who whined, complained, and cheated his way through school.

Good luck.

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
Enough said