Exposure to antibiotics(especially as a child) linked to lifelong obesity issues

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Another study demonstrating how important the gut microbiome is in overall health, and pointing towards antibiotics disrupting it and causing obesity due to lack of secretions by these gut bacteria, specifically Lactobacillus.

This is especially a problem if exposure happens as a young child.

This is why is very very important to be supplementing with quality gut bacteria often in kidding homemade kefir(water or milk or both), sauerkraut or some other form of fermented food high in beneficial gut bacteria. Since most people have been exposed to antibiotics multiple throughout their life, each exposure can cause long lasting and wide ranging negative effects if you are not diligent in your gut microbiome health protocols.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not read up on gut microbiome. Anywhere you'd recommend I start for some self education?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Another study demonstrating how important the gut microbiome is in overall health, and pointing towards antibiotics disrupting it and causing obesity due to lack of secretions by these gut bacteria, specifically Lactobacillus.

This is especially a problem if exposure happens as a young child.

This is why is very very important to be supplementing with quality gut bacteria often in kidding homemade kefir(water or milk or both), sauerkraut or some other form of fermented food high in beneficial gut bacteria. Since most people have been exposed to antibiotics multiple throughout their life, each exposure can cause long lasting and wide ranging negative effects if you are not diligent in your gut microbiome health protocols.

More studies need to be done, but it's well known that in the public water supply, there are medicines and antibiotics in them. This is why it's important to filter your home water. Renters may be SOOL, but there are inexpensive ways to filter from the main water line.

I use this one:
EXPRESS WATER 3-Stage Heavy Metal Water Filtration System

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
More studies need to be done, but it's well known that in the public water supply, there are medicines and antibiotics in them. This is why it's important to filter your home water. Renters may be SOOL, but there are inexpensive ways to filter from the main water line.

I use this one:
EXPRESS WATER 3-Stage Heavy Metal Water Filtration System
Zero Water works exceptionally well and is a standalone unit that you can simply pour the water into.

It filters all particulates including heavy metals and also has been independently tested to perform well with filtering pharmaceutical drugs.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm not read up on gut microbiome. Anywhere you'd recommend I start for some self education?
This would probably be a good resource as it details the importance of gut bacteria as it relates to overall health, not just obesity. It's also highly involved in the immune system, inflammation and auto-immune disorders.

Effectively, the body has evolved over many many thousands of years to have a very needed and symbiotic relationship with gut bacteria and relies on it for many functions to help regulate the body systems properly.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not completely disagreeing with premise here however it seems like a massive reach to pin obesity on antibiotics in childhood. One of multiple factors is plausible. It still comes down to the standard western lifestyle is overconsumption of shvt food and not enough physical activity.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I am not completely disagreeing with premise here however it seems like a massive reach to pin obesity on antibiotics in childhood. One of multiple factors is plausible. It still comes down to the standard western lifestyle is overconsumption of shvt food and not enough physical activity.
I think it more is saying it is setting the stage for it along with the metabolic disorders associated with it as the gut bacteria secretes things that play an important role in the cells knowing how to metabolize fat properly.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to see a correlation between early childhood antibiotics and Basal Metabolic Rate, in a variety of body types.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it more is saying it is setting the stage for it along with the metabolic disorders associated with it as the gut bacteria secretes things that play an important role in the cells knowing how to metabolize fat properly.
True. But with most things, eating a healthier diet overall has a beneficial effect on the gut microbiome.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
True. But with most things, eating a healthier diet overall has a beneficial effect on the gut microbiome.
Yes that is also true. What you eat can either nourish or starve different types of bacteria based on what it is. Major gut microbiome changes have been shown over a period of a month or less based on food choices.

However antibiotics also create an environment ripe for Candida Albicans overgrowth that can damage the gut lining, cause permeation leading to auto-immune disorders and lead to severe craving of carbs and sugars which fuels the candida's growth.

It's very important to not allow this to go unchecked too long when taking antibiotics

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Zero Water works exceptionally well and is a standalone unit that you can simply pour the water into.

It filters all particulates including heavy metals and also has been independently tested to perform well with filtering pharmaceutical drugs.
True, but this is set it and forget it. You just need to change the filters once or twice a year. Unless you are using Zero water during bathing, cooking and brushing your face/teeth; you're not filtering out the water. The one I use also filters out heavy metals, mold, viruses, bacteria, medicines, etc. It's been a great addition to my house. Again, very easy to install. It's as close to 100% as one can get.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
True, but this is set it and forget it. You just need to change the filters once or twice a year. Unless you are using Zero water during bathing, cooking and brushing your face/teeth; you're not filtering out the water. The one I use also filters out heavy metals, mold, viruses, bacteria, medicines, etc. It's been a great addition to my house. Again, very easy to install. It's as close to 100% as one can get.
Ah, yeah that's true you are still absorbing it thru your skin in showers.