Exert yourself aerobically for atleast 30 minutes for mental health

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any kind of exercise is good, but in particular running and/or HIIT workouts where you are sweating profusely.

I'm training for a 5 mile race end of May so I went out and ran 3.5 miles.

It was a little hot out and I wanted to quit at the 2.25 mile mark. However, I kept pushing until I made it 3.5 miles and I was very exhausted.

Usually the runners high lasts only 2 hours after a run.

Today, I ran 8 hours ago and still have that sense of calm and relaxation in me.

It's probably due to that little extra exertion the last mile.

Go out and exert yourself! It does wonders for your mental health!

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like doing prison navy seal burpees , pull ups and Hindu squats under the Cali sun shirtless in my backyard around noon. I’m leaking sweat like a mf’er. This is contributing a big chunk in shooting up my testosterone. I feel like a rinse of euphoria and calmness for the rest of the day.

Serenity

Reaction score
Sure it is!
HIIT is defined as short periods of anaerobic exercise with brief recovery periods in between. You rely on the anaerobic energy system, in fact you maximize it if you do HIIT properly.

Aerobic exercise is less intense.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HIIT is defined as short periods of anaerobic exercise with brief recovery periods in between. You rely on the anaerobic energy system, in fact you maximize it if you do HIIT properly.

Aerobic exercise is less intense.
HIIT is both. It increases aerobic capacity. HIIT training is sufficient cardio.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
HIIT is both. It increases aerobic capacity. HIIT training is sufficient cardio.
HIIT used to be all the rage but they found that it really doesn't matter...both HIIT and steady state cardio have the same effect on body fat reduction.

Personally, I choose walking since it's low intensity and doesn't fvck with my recovery ability when working out. It's also one of the best fat burners there is.

HIIT can tax your body's recovery ability and lessen the impact of your workouts over time if done too much.