Epic Rejection Run

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just funny at this point.

Starts last week, we'll call it Tuesday, I get rejected by a past oneitus who I was getting over but decided to give it one last college try anyway. Hey, whatever, fine. But maybe that set off something in me that is just super creepy or something . .

Friday I'm pretty much hammered and talking to everyone in some bar. This girl a friend wants to set me up with is there . . We're talking for a while, she's leaning on me, getting pretty close. I ask for her number to take her out . . No! I couldn't f-ing believe it. I've always been the one kind of avoiding her. WTF? F it, I'm not messing around with flakey girls when there are other flakey girls around. I go talk to a set of girls for a while . . eventually conversation gets dull and I blow myself out.

I'm a drunken mess at this point, talking to female acquaintances and dropping all pretense. This one girl lost a bunch of weight and (maybe just by comparison to her old self?) I'm basically laying it out there: I want to hook up. . . Ok, she's coming out with me to after-party it up. A drunk(er) friend basically c-blocks me all night with her by being obnoxious, grabbing her tits . . Ugh. Whatever. He's married and just gets wasted and stupid. The house we were going to anyway is ruined because the guys wife came home early. Yay.

Next night, I decide the party must go on. I go out with friends (including the oneitus I started this thread with . . but as friends, seriously). By now I'm just not caring . . I actually talk to this girl alone at the bar for like 30 minutes, about pick-up artistry and how so much of it is lame, and people should just 'connect.' I'm basically picking a girl up by talking about lame pick-up tricks, and I"m not even tricking her about it . . cards are on the table. She knows what I'm doing. We play a '5 questions' type game. She's like "it's working.' Hey, cool, am I getting somewhere? Nope, my friends want to leave, so I go back for the number - "I don't give my number out to guys at bars!" Okkk . .

Next bar a drunken cougar is flirting with ME. I don't dance with her because I'm just feeling wasted . . But she keeps coming back to me anyway. I don't even remember what I said but I start being reeeeaaallly sleezy. At this point, I'm tired of caring. I said something about a handjob behind the dumpster?? Yet, she's ****ing leaning on me still. So I put my arm around her, and she tells me to stop. OK! Then get away from me! Jesus. What kind of person leans against somebody and then reacts negatively to kino??

Yesterday I just shut my phone off and watched hours and hours of LOST. Yay! A full day without one rejection!

Today I''m minding my own business at work, and this girl I met/talked to LAST WEEKEND facebook messages me . . walls of text about her weekend, like I even asked. I'm barely even talking to her and I'm still wiped out from the weekend so I'm finding it hard to be funny or anything . . She brings up a guy she 'likes' and she's waiting to see what the weekend brings (in relation to this guy). I make some joke about how its me she's talking about . . LJBF!

WTF? I just needed to vent a bit. The good thing is I'm honestly just laughing at this point. This is like the f*cking rejection Olympics! I clearly need some massive recalibrating to do . . They just keep coming!

DJNiceGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
damn man, i feel for you. I've had weekends/weeks like that. I know at this point ANY positive reactions will make you feel better. Do you hvea the number of the girl who lost the weight? Seems to me she was into you, and if you hook with her, it may give you back some of your mojo.

Maybe its possible that the stars just weren't aligning for you this weekend, and its nothing you specifically did.

Don Wha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to rag on you, but you sound like a drunken mess. Personally, I just have a couple of beers to loosen me up, but I like to stay on top of my game.

On nights when I decide to get HAMMERED, i still go talk to girls too. But I don't expect it to go anywhere because half of me (or more) doesn't know wtf i'm doing or saying. I just have fun with it.

If you want to get out of your rejection slump, try having a few less drinks and see how that works out for you.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even tucker max has this happen to him!

sucess is protportional to rejection (if that makes sense)
as long as you are not being an idiot with these women, and your game is ok...then the more effort you make - the more rejection you will get BUT the more luck you will have

hope that makes sense

maj

Reaction score
Don Wha said:
Personally, I just have a couple of beers to loosen me up, but I like to stay on top of my game.
If you want to get out of your rejection slump, try having a few less drinks and see how that works out for you.
I agree with this. A drunken state impairs all your assets. A couple of drinks may boost confidence (in some), which girls respond positively to. Remember that it doesn't really matter what you're saying, but how you're saying it. Slurring speech isn't going to win you any points :p

Additionally, going out to a bar with a "past" oneitis with the idea that you'll be gaming women isn't a great idea. Try to head out and enjoy yourself with other people if possible.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough on the drunkeness. I pretty much decided it was gonna be a party weekend. And I WAS slurring my speech at times! I guess I don't think much of it because of the times I've hooked up when I was trashed.

As for the ""past"" oneitus, I really didn't even care. It wasn't just me and her, to be clear. If I'm going out and she's coming with us, F it, why let it bother me?

But I can't get over this other girl facebooking me out of the blue . . taking the time to type out these massive messages, and confiding in me (her words) about some guy/drama (when we've met ONCE!) and then telling me I'm fun but as a friend! Seriously, I am just getting beat up on right now! Part of me just wanted to laugh at her and tell her the truth - "Lady I've met you once, what makes you think we're even at a level of connection where you can even 'friend-zone' me?? Take care. BYE."

Do you hvea the number of the girl who lost the weight? Seems to me she was into you, and if you hook with her, it may give you back some of your mojo.
I don't. I probably wouldn't call anyway. I mean she'd be fun as a drunk lay spur-of-the-moment thing but I'm not looking to be calling her and setting up plans or anything.