Eli Lilly offers anti-obesity drug direct to consumers

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

Didn’t realize it had beneficial effects to those with cardiovascular diseases.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Their weight loss drug is zepbound, which is similar to Ozempic, which made a friend of mines daughter start losing her hair and go schizophrenic for a while. She thought all her friends and family were trying to kill her baby.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Their weight loss drug is zepbound, which is similar to Ozempic, which made a friend of mines daughter start losing her hair and go schizophrenic for a while. She thought all her friends and family were trying to kill her baby.
Holy crap.

That won’t stop people from pursuing it in the quest for the thing that makes them skinny without making any sacrifices.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is so irritating to me on many levels.

There is literally nobody that needs a "diet drug". All they need to do is eat properly and stop eating processed foods, high fructose corn syrup containing items and eat normal food and yet so many would rather make excuses and use some drug instead of simply eat right, exercise right and sleep right.

They deserve the complications they get from it and the saggy skin

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score

Didn’t realize it had beneficial effects to those with cardiovascular diseases.
This is a maneuver by drug companies after observing the market over the last year and a half. Whether you like it or not it is a bit ingenious. So there has been a shortage of Ozempic and Wagovy which diabetics were depending on. This was created because Dr's began prescribing them for the off label use for weight loss. Insurance companies caught on and began refusing to cover the drugs unless the patients were diabetic. So the drug companies took the same GLP1 agonist (Semiglutide) and combined it with things like B12 and or other drugs and supplements to create a new drug specifically for weight loss and that wouldn't interfere with the diabetics need for Ozempic etc. The drug wouldn't get prescribed to diabetics and is more likely to pass insurance company scrutiny because it's not an off label use. I imagine this report on heart health is another way to twist insurance company arms to paying for it. I bet the report was funded by the drug company, to prod doctors and insurance companies to cover it as they do statins. I'm not saying the heart health report is a lie, in fact it makes sense that if a person is obese and loses weight, that their heart health would improve.