economy is imploding.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold is not "worth twice as much" as a year ago (in US $). what has happened is that the $ is worth half as much as it was a year ago. The rest of the world is not as stupid as US citizens are. They KNOW our economy is failing, no way we could come up with the money to really pay for the bailouts and these wars. All we are doing is printing twice as much money, so everyone who sells us things is asking twice as much for their services and products.

This payment for prescription drugs is the nail in the coffin for S. Security. Medicare and medicaid meanth that as the Baby boomers retired, SS has to collapse, but this drugs thing is making it happen faster. Get your credit built up, ready to buy gold coins, and get your survival gear and skils. you are going to need them, within 5 years for sure, and perhaps in less than 2 years.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
h2h is fine while you are young and strong, and not up against more than one attacker, and no weapons are included. However, better also get a ccw permit and great speed skills with a pistol, for when things are not "fair". Also, get an M4 military type rifle, with a .22lr conversion unit for foraging small game and practicing, and an optical sight and the other "bug out bag" gear that you will see discussed on survivalist forums.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not yet. There will be a few desperate gasps for life as the body of the economy spams before inevitable death. I give it more time, this is the beginning of the end (if things continue).

Money is to be made. Don't forget to invest!

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
correction;
There is gold to be made.

money is an illusion. I've lived in a country where my parents would get a pay check and the next day the inflation would skyrocket to the point where you could barley buy a loaf of bread with that same money. Only thing that saved the whole country from dying of hunger ware small family farms....something that is obsolete in most of the west.

And when i say gold...i mean real gold....not gold on paper.

I'm just glad i'm a country boy, that went through this **** once already.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True but money is still valuable, you collect it and buy whatever solid vehicle you want whether gold or property.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Not yet. There will be a few desperate gasps for life as the body of the economy spams before inevitable death. I give it more time, this is the beginning of the end (if things continue).

as long as there is a marketplace and people involved, there will always be speculation opportunities ( not investment). Investment provides a margin of safety that one is unable to attain in a market which hinges of FED policy changes.

As for guns, I am starting to agree that having one will be more benificial than otherwise. Look at people at black friday who are hurting eachother to save a couple bucks on an XBOX 360 or some discount towels. Whats going to happen when **** is really on the line? Everything we know can easily fly out the window, and being a deterrent with a firearm will help you much more than otherwise. Basic potlatch effect.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ yup, been seriously looking since about a week and a half ago at ak, 870 shottie, and glock or pm9 to purchase all at once. Almost impulse buyed on a new custom ak that came with 4 clips, a bag. Have been buying i.e. converting my dollas to food and water and gold and silver since about 2 weeks ago. I'm expecting to be laid off, don't know for sure. Better to be prepared for the worst or to weather the storms. I've got 2 years worth of freeze-dried food (sick, I know), but I looking at how long the worst years of Great Depression lasted (2), but this could go even longer. Revolution is at hand. These crooks and criminals are robbing the people. It's the mafia running the show. "I want my Mun-ney!" "Understand?" I made bad bets, but "I want my Mun-ney" "Capish??" "I want your ports, I want your electric supply, I want your water." We're all becoming slaves to these "untouchable people" and washington politicians, dare I say, almost ALL politicians, are insider trading.

They all know we won't Do anything. This is why the grand theft.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
Look at people at black friday who are hurting eachother to save a couple bucks on an XBOX 360 or some discount towels.

Black Friday is not a special day where people go crazy for deals. Crazy stuff happens at retail stores every day. It is just highlighted on the news that day because the news has nothing else to talk about on a day where the viewership is higher than normal because a lot people don't work that day.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Black Friday is not a special day where people go crazy for deals. Crazy stuff happens at retail stores every day. It is just highlighted on the news that day because the news has nothing else to talk about on a day where the viewership is higher than normal because a lot people don't work that day.
i could care less about the "day" but more about the people and how they act in seemingly innocuous situations. I am aware people are constantly doing this kind of crap anyway, but imagine if the stakes were raised higher? Instead of a XBOX, what if its tonight's diner? what if its shelter?

I am not advocating doom and gloom here, and I think our decent will be long and painful rather than acute, but I do advocate being a deterrent rather than a target 'just in case'.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
^^ yup, been seriously looking since about a week and a half ago at ak, 870 shottie, and glock or pm9 to purchase all at once. Almost impulse buyed on a new custom ak that came with 4 clips, a bag.
Luck you, I'm in Canada so what the hell can I buy? A sock with a rock on the end maybe?

Have been buying i.e. converting my dollas to food and water and gold and silver since about 2 weeks ago. I'm expecting to be laid off, don't know for sure. Better to be prepared for the worst or to weather the storms.
Good to have insurance. Always smart.

I've got 2 years worth of freeze-dried food (sick, I know)
Doesn't have endless shelf life. Check up on it once in awhile and begin to cook and replace the items that expire first.

are I say, almost ALL politicians, are insider trading.
Well yeah. They make the laws and they made that legal. Like the ruling class back in ye old castle and horseback times.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole Financial Global system is on the ropes. A major European bank just almost collapsed but saved by the US Fed and "friends". I'll be looking to make profits from the down turn, not that im happy a collapse is coming but as an investor, have to go with what is happening. Here in the US many many people have no idea whats going on but rest assured, when the smoke gets too thick to breathe, people will get a rude awakening. One of the major problems is people keep spending what they dont have and the US itself is drowning in debt but by printing money, they are trying to revive a corpse. its going to be tough man, but thats what happens when your want to be up in your eyeballs in debt on credit cards, loans, etc. All its going to take to get the ball steam rolling down the hill is for one major financial institution to go down around the world and its close.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it that bad over there? I envision going back and seemlessly transistioning into life as a PUA/successful guy macking in a major US citiy and closing back at my condo with my audi in the driveway.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spider_007 said:
correction;
There is gold to be made.

money is an illusion. I've lived in a country where my parents would get a pay check and the next day the inflation would skyrocket to the point where you could barley buy a loaf of bread with that same money. Only thing that saved the whole country from dying of hunger ware small family farms....something that is obsolete in most of the west.

And when i say gold...i mean real gold....not gold on paper.

I'm just glad i'm a country boy, that went through this **** once already.
Don't forget gold's little brother...silver. :)

I agree with you, money is an illusion. The whole system is corrupt. Just look at what happened to MF Global. The CEO leveraged all the investor's money 40 to 1, lost over a billion dollars in one bad bet and the whole company went belly-up. Honest investors lost their whole life savings, poof, there it went.

That CEO Corzine, is still walking around...he's not behind bars.

I think folks are getting tired of these crooks getting a free ride. Makes you wonder just how leveraged the whole system is, and whether, or when, it will implode and collapse under the sheer weight of all this massive debt.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
The funny thing about Corzine and MF Global....

The MSM is not calling it a crime or fraud. They are just calilng it "comingling of funds".
well naturally....Obama was put in place by Goldman Sachs money..so whatever legal posturing the white house does to look like its 'serious' about corruption..its a lion without teeth (don't even mention the kangaroo court goldman 'investigations' that are happening now :). if corzine ever faces the music it will be at club fed, cushy martha stewart style prison for 3 years max..then he'll be out with another billion dollar fund already in place.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was a guy who got directly screwed by such people, I'd take it up with them personally,and THEY would never be doing such things again (or much of anything else, from their wheelchair! Nobody having balls enough to do anything about it is WHY such punks DARE do such things in the first place! Not one guy who got screwed over by enron beat/shot thosepunks! why not? nobody to point the finger, since it could have been any one of 1000's of people.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an excellent interview with Kyle Bass.

If you have any interest in what lays ahead regarding the economies around the world, this hour long interview is definitely worth your time.

Personally, I had to break up the time as this is a lot of info to absorb.

What's funny to me, is how people whine and cry when the economy goes to ****...yet, won't take the time to watch a video that explains to them why it will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V3kpKzd-Yw&

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they KNOW that they aren't going to do what's necessary to be able to survive it (except by luck) so why bother to learn about it, hmm? it would take 2 years of full time work and 50k to get ready to survive what is coming, plus overturn a lifetime of "needy" behavior thinking. they can't do that, either.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they can keep them, is what they can do. People will be lucky if they have a roof over their heads and food to eat, much less any sort of car to drive. Mark my words, it's going to be horrific.