Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doctor says women like sperm. Doctor is forced to resign

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Top surgeon forced to resign after comment that semen makes women happier

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...semen-making-women-happier.html#ixzz1JxPMaGpB

A top surgeon has been forced to quit over comments he made regarding semen and its effect on women's health, commenting on research that it made them happier.

Dr Lazar Greenfield, 78, resigned from his position as president elect of the American College of Surgeons after a controversial Valentine's Day editorial in which he quoted a study which found that women who had unprotected sex were less depressed than those who wore condoms.

In an email to the New York Times, he said he had apologised many times for the piece but hinted that this did not seem to be enough for some of the people who had complained.

He, along with the college board, decided the best course of action would be to resign.

He said: 'Therefore, rather than have this remain a disruptive issue, I resigned as president-elect. I only hope that those who choose to judge me will read the article in the spirit in which it was intended.'

He also resigned from his position of editor-in-chief of Surgery News and in the wake of the controversy, the entire issue the article was in was withdrawn.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...semen-making-women-happier.html#ixzz1JxPHbbPf

In the article, he cited research that found that female college students who had had unprotected sex were less depressed than those whose partners used condoms and speculated that compounds in semen have antidepressant effects.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...semen-making-women-happier.html#ixzz1JxPBTReh

He said: '(Researchers) found ingredients in semen that include mood enhancers like estrone, cortisol, prolactin, oxytocin, and serotonin; a sleep enhancer, melatonin; and of course, sperm, which makes up only one per cent to five per cent.'

He concluded: 'So there’s a deeper bond between men and women than St Valentine would have suspected, and now we know there’s a better gift for that day than chocolates.'

The editorial outraged many women in the field, some of whom said that it reflected a macho culture in surgery that needed to change.

Dr Barbara Bass, chairwoman of the department of surgery at Methodist Hospital in Houston, told the New York Times: 'Some things you can’t recover from if you’re in a leadership role. But the resignation does demonstrate that the surgery association’s leadership does understand the continued challenges women face as they join and mature in the surgical profession.'

The Board of Regents of the American College of Surgeons said they had received numerous complaints from the surgical community about the editorial and despite the fact the doctor had expressed his deep regret over the offence he caused, they could not let the issue distract or diminish the college's focus on improving the care of surgical patients.

But it was believed by some that his resignation would not end the controversy.

Dr Colleen Brophy, a professor of surgery at Vanderbilt University, said: 'The editorial was just a symptom of a much larger problem. The way the college is set up right now is for the sake of the leadership instead of patients.'

Dr Greenfield is an emeritus professor of surgery at the University of Michigan School of Medicine and is best known for inventing the Greenfield filter, a device which prevents blood clots which form in the legs during deep vein thrombosis from travelling to the lungs.

He is a nationally and internationally recognized expert in vascular surgery and lectures extensively in the U.S. and abroad.

He has served on the editorial board of 15 scientific journals.

Patricia J. Numann will now assume the office of President-Elect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...semen-making-women-happier.html#ixzz1JxP2Crw4
Discuss.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
I dont see what this guy has done wrong? what about those who undertook the research? do they resign? do we never discuss such topics again?
oh I see, men may be good for women? wel society cant be having that can it

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Thunder,
Seems the stupidest decision since Caligula made his horse Consul of Rome.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His only mistake was putting women and sperm(something related to sex in the manly part) in the same line and than dared to say they may benefit from it.

If you want to say such things you better be a woman in general,even better if a woman doing tv shows or programs for women.
Isnt this stuff they talk about in that program named "monologue of the vagina"?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the editorial was meant to be more of a tongue-in-cheek bit for valentine's day. His mistake was expecting people (women in medicine) wouldnt take that out of context and get offended. He probably could have still cited that study if he did NOT say anything about women benefiting psychologically from a man's seed. I'm sure there are plenty of women who werent offended by that---but he should have known better than to publish something like that being in a leadership role. Everything you say and do is subject to judgment.

It's a shame, but nothing we haven't seen before or wont see again.

As an aside, I think there is some truth to that study, at least from my own experience. When is a woman happier than when you're coming inside her?? :D

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably a bad idea to write something like this in the first place. When you're at the top you need to watch your step because everyone will be gunning for you and will use any pretense to get rid of you.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Zarky.

It is unfortunate, but there is a great deal of politics involved at such institutions, and he should've known better.

The study sounds like nonsense to me, anyway. "Happiness" is pretty silly to quantify, and just because two measures seem to be linked does not mean that one follows from the other.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
The man failed.

His failure was apologizing for what he wrote when he truly believed it was accurate.

This is how evil wins.
Why are there so many puusies in academia? Every time something like this comes up, the idiot is bowing down taking a sword to the neck.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
I agree with Zarky.

It is unfortunate, but there is a great deal of politics involved at such institutions, and he should've known better.

The study sounds like nonsense to me, anyway. "Happiness" is pretty silly to quantify, and just because two measures seem to be linked does not mean that one follows from the other.
Agreed. Anger towards women seems to be the prevailing theme in the responses here...I didn't want your logic to go unnoticed.

What is happiness? A lack of depression isn't happiness. The study was built on ridiculously faulty ground to begin with. Some "research" is better left for ****tail party discussions. He should have never spoke of this topic.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe indirectly positive for masculinity. Its attacking a PC concept that is held dear: Safe sex is better sex.

Attack any well held PC position and you'll shortly find an anvil dropped on you.

If he said that black men weren't as good as white men in bed, he'd get a similar response. If he reversed it, he would get get a quiet pat on the back. Modern academia gives thinking people a bad name.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Science is only useful when it's not bastardized by politics.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In response, Dr. Pauline Chen, who is a surgeon blogging under the headline Sexism Charges Divide Surgeons' Group, was sharply critical of Dr. Greenfield and the culture at the ACS. In her post, she points out that only roughly 10% of the membership of the ACS is comprised of women, and of that only five of twenty-two members of the ACS governing board are women.

Patricia J. Numann will now assume the office of President-Elect.
That is the real story behind it.

He's no different to the typical Western man who gets kicked to the couch (or even out of the house) by his wife when they have an argument. Western culture has been producing generation after generation of manginas for a while now. Instead of telling the mouthy little women to STFU, the men fold like a cheap tent.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Agreed. Anger towards women seems to be the prevailing theme in the responses here...I didn't want your logic to go unnoticed.

What is happiness? A lack of depression isn't happiness. The study was built on ridiculously faulty ground to begin with. Some "research" is better left for ****tail party discussions. He should have never spoke of this topic.
Because the feminists will not allow anyone to say that men are good for women, he shouldn't talk about it? That is why he SHOULD talk about it.

Happiness is undefinable, Jeffst says, and you agree? I do think the medical field has had to deal with people's moods for a long, long time now, and have ways of finding out when someone is feeling happier.

"Anger towards women seems to be the prevailing theme in the responses here" ---You are turning it around. The story tells of the anger aimed at Dr. Greenfield, but when people react to that, you say they are misogynists. Classic tactic. That is how feminists and other cultural Marxists work, by accusing the other side of doing what they themselves just did.

All academica is controlled by these creatures, and the rest bow down to them and keep quiet, knowing they have the powerful media owners to back them. Dr. Greenfield was doing something typically manly, relying on actual research instead of ideology to find what the world is like, and he found something sexual that didn't demonize men. The feminists cannot tolerate that behavior in any single issue, it would undo their entire system of lies.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
That is how feminists and other cultural Marxists work, by accusing the other side of doing what they themselves just did.

All academica is controlled by these creatures, and the rest bow down to them and keep quiet, .
Very true. excellent observation

I've never felt there was anything that was wrong with a women that couldn't be cured by an ounce of sperm shot onto her face :):):)

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
Happiness is undefinable, Jeffst says, and you agree? I do think the medical field has had to deal with people's moods for a long, long time now, and have ways of finding out when someone is feeling happier.
That's fine. And I DON'T think the medical field has ways of finding out when someone is feeling happier. I mean, there are ways of evaluating depression and the lack of chemicals in the brain that cause it. But happiness, on the other hand, is different. Which is why I won't blindly follow any research that tells me that chicks who have unprotected sex are "happier" than chicks with guys who use condoms. What if they're both happy? How to we distinguish between a "B" level of happiness and a "B+". What if they're both depressed? You're going to convince me that the unprotected sex chick is less depressed than the other one? And even if we used chemically depressed people as the foundation of this study, a lack of depression does not equate to "happiness".

You are turning it around. The story tells of the anger aimed at Dr. Greenfield, but when people react to that, you say they are misogynists. Classic tactic. That is how feminists and other cultural Marxists work, by accusing the other side of doing what they themselves just did.
Meh. I'm not a feminist at all. Sit me down at a table full of women, and get me started on the topic of male-female dynamics, and these girls will hear the verbalization of the most "sexist" stuff they've ever encountered.

I just happen to believe that a lot of guys opinions here are clouded by an anger towards women. I've felt that way since I started posting here nearly 10 years ago. It doesn't make me look down on anyone here. It just makes me more cautious of picking and choosing the bits of advice and info that I incorporate into my life.