Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you have a life Purpose

T

tj

Once I think that it has to do with "service" I end up getting pissed off.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many times do we have to tell new posters to put their age in their profile. THis gets real tiring.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tj said:
Once I think that it has to do with "service" I end up getting pissed off.
Oh talk about being in a Matrix... Martyrdom as a goal, what's next... :rolleyes: I bet someone else told you that service should be your purpose (kinda self serving of themselves ironically). Ever consider that how things would be if each adult was self sufficient?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any chance you were talking about the Purpose Driven Life? My grandma is a certified Bible thumper and wanted me to check the book out. I briefly skimmed over it. Here are the purposes from Wikipedia

# Purpose #1: You Were Planned for God's Pleasure (Worship)
# Purpose #2: You Were Formed for God's Family (Fellowship)
# Purpose #3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ (Discipleship)
# Purpose #4: You Were Shaped for Serving God (Ministry)
# Purpose #5: You Were Made for a Mission (Mission)

IMO If you're not a superstrong Christian (which I am not) then it's useless for you. BTW "service" probably falls under #4 & 5.

As for my purpose and the reason that I get up day after day, I can't find a reason.

Does anybody here believe that they have found their life's purpose?

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Does anybody here believe that they have found their life's purpose?

The never ending pursuit of happiness.

T

tj

Thanks for the replys.

Interestingly in most I have really thought about the last week or so.

My age.

The matrix was on last weekend.

I was watching some guy "deconstruct'' the Purpose driven life on you tube..

etc.

What I am finding is that it is getting more and more difficult to be motivated. From an epicurian (sp) stand point. Self-servicers usually ends up with cellulite

I do get pleasure from doing good deads..I definetly see people with "gifts" that help them in life. However, my tolerance level for most human beings is getting shorter by the day.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEs said:
The never ending pursuit of happiness.
Never underestimate the enjoyment of a hedonistic lifestyle... :up:

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Oh talk about being in a Matrix... Martyrdom as a goal, what's next... :rolleyes: I bet someone else told you that service should be your purpose (kinda self serving of themselves ironically). Ever consider that how things would be if each adult was self sufficient?
So true. Fvck co-dependancy!

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My life purpose is to help other people by becoming a motivational speaker.

comic_relief

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My life purpose is to post on SoSuave.net

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tj said:
I do get pleasure from doing good deads... However, my tolerance level for most human beings is getting shorter by the day.
LMMFAO!!!

That's classic...

I definitely believe in the reward behind hard work, that nothing GREAT comes easy, that there are no shortcuts to a great life. And that the ton of bull$hit you go through can't compare to the ounce of treasure you dig up from the ground.

One of my great mentors always said that "when you arrive to your destination, you ALWAYS seem to forget the turbulence you went through to get there..."

All that to say, I think my purpose in life is to be great... it's the path that I trod on that's just kicking my azz. I want to go down in history, writing history, not reading about history.

So yeah, my life purpose is service... :whistle:

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My life purpose is to find my life purpose. I still haven't found a passion when it comes to school. I don't know what career i'll have in the future. I don't know where i'll be living in 6 months or what i'll be doing. I'm in my mid 20's so my time is running out in fact I think im screwed already.

I just want to have a set course like most people that is all.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is everyone just complete nihilists that think we should only look out for ourselves? It's not that rediculous to have service as a life goal, you can influence and help people just in your everyday life. I still have my fun too. In my opinion if you're only living for yourself you're not really living. People will try to take advantage or leech onto you, just cut them off. Lots of people genuinely could use some help in whatever form, and won't be manipulative. The only time I don't do this alot is when I'm dating a girl, just to stay out of the provider/ helper mindset.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
So is everyone just complete nihilists that think we should only look out for ourselves? It's not that rediculous to have service as a life goal, you can influence and help people just in your everyday life. I still have my fun too. In my opinion if you're only living for yourself you're not really living. People will try to take advantage or leech onto you, just cut them off. Lots of people genuinely could use some help in whatever form, and won't be manipulative. The only time I don't do this alot is when I'm dating a girl, just to stay out of the provider/ helper mindset.
hello:wave: ? I want to help people by becoming a motivational speaker? :wave:

comic_relief

T

tj

comic_relief said:
hello:wave: ? I want to help people by becoming a motivational speaker? :wave:

comic_relief

"living in a van down by the river":D

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tj said: