Do girls really go for guys with nice cars?

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If so why?

Is a man's car important to a woman?

Any stories with cars and women?

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man. This depends on so many factors it's impossible to answer in a few words.
You know what's more important than the car? That a MAN is driving it.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think women do judge a man more in his car than his physical attributes a bit of the time.
In saying that, I don't think I've been laid because of my car but I think I've definitely not been laid because of my car.
What I mean is, I drive a brand new Subaru XV now and I haven't experienced more interest, but when I was driving my old beat-up Toyota, I think women were turned off.
I believe drivibg a nice car or even a flash sports car should be part of your whole "life improvement strategy".

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Absolutely.

A man's car reflects his status.
Oh please. I've known a few broke, irresponsible fools in my lifetime with nice cars living under precarious financial conditions. My old buddy Al owned a sweet Jaguar but was always late on his rent payments and had to bum off his own grandmother for food because he could only get so much from the unemployment checks he'd been receiving for almost 2 years.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman's view of what makes a car "nice" tends to be different from a man's. They obviously recognize expensive brands like bmw and mercedes, but beyond that women like traits like clean, shiny, smells good, and pretty. Men tend to care about what is under the hood, speed, horsepower, and handling. But what men like is expensive, so most car manufacturers much prefer to look fast instead of actually being fast. I used to have an R1, which is the fastest bike Yamaha makes, and women did like it, but they usually called it "pretty." It might as well have been a scooter. There are also a lot of "rat rod" cars that I would love to drive because they are fun, but at the same time, women would be repulsed by things like rusty paint. Men don't care nearly as much about looks as long as the car is fast.

Even if you drive a Ferrari, your car will always get you initial interest from women, but after about ten seconds of that, the ball is entirely in your court as to how you handle it. Attraction can be crushed and killed as quickly as it is created.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy was telling me how the rental car place for his weekly car was out of his usual so they gave him a brand spanking new BMW to drive.

The chicks working the counter at white castle noticed.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the average chick will pay much attention if you're driving a rare '60s muscle car (but a lot of dudes will). They will however pay attention if you're driving a late model high end luxury car because it communicates that you have money/status.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scrouds said:
My buddy was telling me how the rental car place for his weekly car was out of his usual so they gave him a brand spanking new BMW to drive.

The chicks working the counter at white castle noticed.
i purposly drive my knockaround car on first and 2nd dates, uusally utnil i really get comfortable around a girl so i can judge her as much as i can on her interest alone.

it was a 98 SC400 before i got mugged and it got stolen and I had that since 04 and it was loaded to the brim, 19 inch rims, nice sound system, clean, very nice car that was my baby :(.

I also drive a XJL and my wife drives a 02 CLK 350 which i drive from time to time as well. sometimes if i am driving my car out like to get a pizza or something or to take my son to mc donalds or whatever some broad will say something "wow that's a nice car" or something like that.

but here is the thing. when i first really got any real money, i was 21 years old and the first thing i did was to go out and buy a car that matched my "status" i went and bought a brand new red hummer. I had it for about 6 months and like, even then you could just tell the difference bgetween girls who actually liked me for me, like amber the girl i ended up dating who knew me before i had the new car, and girls i would meet at the piano bar and they see my car or what not and like the light bulb just went out. it's like they weren't so much interested in ME as they were being seen with me in the car if htat makese sense.

in short yes it matters but if it matters that much they aren't high quality women anyway.

and like, if i am on a date with a girl or i go on a few dates with a girl and si can tell she likes me but is not just bat**** crazy about me and then they see my house or my car, when i was single i was leasing a S400 and the attentin / attract level skyrocked i bolted. i don't want a girl that treats me any different because i have nice things than if i didn't and if she does that's not a really goiod sign IMHO. like when my wife came to my house and saw my car in the garage she was like that's nice and that was that.

so while it helps, it is actually counter productive because it makes it harder to weed out hte really high interested women.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drive a truck that had a sticker price of $48,250. I've been dumped for guys driving cars/trucks that cost MUCH less. I could get just as much @$$ driving a Ford Ranger as I have with this truck, but that's not why I bought this truck.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tell you this, when I drove a honoda civic beater a few years ago with rusted paint and bubbling tint, that broke down constantly. No girls paid me any attention. When I scratched up a few dollars after it got stolen (i know right? stealing a broke man's honda civic beater? for shame), I bought a brand new dodge avenger....got a lot more looks. When I drive my Dad's BMW I get even more. A car will get you attention from some women, but it won't put them in your bed.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
I drive a truck that had a sticker price of $48,250. I've been dumped for guys driving cars/trucks that cost MUCH less. I could get just as much @$$ driving a Ford Ranger as I have with this truck, but that's not why I bought this truck.
there needs to be a thread on this very issue

when it comes to women and cars, the price how much you pay for a car is inconsequential. how can i put this into words that make sense.

Like, for instance. say you pull up in your 48k truck. I would get just as much if not more ass in my old 98 Lexus SC400. in a woman's mind they are right about the same. even though the MSRP on my lexus when it got jacked was maybe what, 10 grand?

that's why when it comes to cars i tell guys and my entire philosophy has always been do it big or don't do it at all. if you are going to buy a new car buy a NEW CAR. If you can't get EXACTLY what the fvck you want, get a used lexus and call it a day.

I remember when I lived in the little chem free rehab place right after i got off drugs and at the time i had my hummer i spoke about, and i had the lexus that got stolen. because it had nice rims on it and a nice sound system and i was living with a bunch of drug addicts i thought it prudent not to drive it up there lol so I drove my other car i had at the time which was also a lexus, but it was just a 94 ES300. you can get those in the newspaper all day every day for about 3500 dollars clean as hell. just a nice, dependable, smooth riding car.

dude just about every girl up there "damn you drive a lexus". you think women are looking at your car and just have a portable blue book in their purses and are going across the car to see what condition the car is to size you up to see how much your car is worth?

this is a perfect example of the difference in how a man thinks and how a woman thinks. men think extremely logical about cars. well i paid 40 thousand dollars for my car obviously the woman must know i make good amount of money to afford a 40k car.

the woman thinks "lexus! wow he drives a lexus!"

damn near every girl that ever got in my SC was like "wow this is a relay nice car" (and it really was but still it was what, a decade old at the time". do you honestly think she gives a **** that it's not the 430 (which sucks ass)?

i had some after market stuff done to that car but that was all for me.

i used to have bad hard on's for porsches. I wanted a boxster so bad. in fact that was my "i made it car" when i started my first business. A midnight purple porsche Boxster S with red leather interior with a body kit. and I was about a few months away from getting one and I had to drive my business partners car around for him because he was in the hospital for a few days and he had a SC400 that was loaded to the brim like mine was, but he had one before i had one and i drove it around and i saw the attention it was getting and i was like well **** i can get one of these for at the time 18k instead of buying a new 50k porsche and get just as much ass.

like, if i was just an avg dude with an avg bank account, i fi could not get a new camero or a new mercedes or a new lexus, i would just go and find me a lexus LS400 and pay 12k for it and pull ass in that.

I just lol @ dudes that will spend like 50 grand on a new accura. like dude you are doing it wrong or 35 grand on a loaded buick lacrosse. My mom has a brand new one i drove it before it's a nice car. but it's not making panties drop, 35k or not. a woman would rather drive in my wife's decade old mercedes than a 12 Buick. that's just how it is.

my wife's convertible, which i bought her, and i paid right under 15k for it at the time, has what, 170k miles on it, and it's 11 years old and would pull more ass if it was my sole car than 95% of the cars on the market today. women don't care that it's only worth 12k. women care that it's a clean mercedes convertible. that is a panty dropper.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone in this thread has mentioned a "nice" car yet.

In the SF bay area-- "nice" starts at 100k. Most cute girls drive brand new IS250/350 or a brand new BMW M3 or on the peninsula, a C300. Also brand new. No american cars allowed, as those are for poor losers. Its interesting to note that most of these women who own these cars know all the sub models and numbers of those cars because they have enough money to actually buy one. So, if you drive a CL63 Brabus-- the girls will notice, and probably try to sleep with you because they know exactly how much they cost and can estimate your worth.

In janky places across the US, I could see people not knowing what a 10 year old lexus looks like and being impressed by it. In fact, right across the bay in Oakland you will find many used hacked up lexus cars turned into ghetto rides with huge stupid wheels and shiny things bolted on.

The point is, saying that a woman likes you "for your car" is not a complete explanation of why she would like you. Women like money--the car you drive is an example of the ability to spend such money on something so unnecessarily ostentatious that it indicates that you have a lot of extra money which can be spent on her.

clear?

Don't ever let anyone tell you that trucks don't get you laid. I was in texas with my $65,000 f350 and let me tell you what-- them cowgirls noticed...

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greasy Pig said:
I don't think I've been laid because of my car but I think I've definitely not been laid because of my car.
I've heard that from multiple guys before. One of my friends even used to ask me to borrow my car (08 Acura suv) for dates cuz he was driving a beat up Toyota and was ashamed to put girls in it. Another one of my friends who lives in Miami prefers to tell girls on first dates he doesn't have a car/his car is in the garage, rather than showing up with his 98 Ford Bronco.

As BB said though, it's not the price tag per se of the car that matters to a girl's eye, it's the flashiness factor. So early 2000s Lexus >>> 2012 Camry, even though the Camry probably costs more.

Duffdog really nailed it in his reply too. Down here in LA, if you're driving an american car you are looked upon as either poor or cheap, both automatic disqualifiers.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This foolishness doesn't exist in my world. I have a 1990 Cutlass Supreme, My Red Chariot of Glory, as I tell girls...has never 'steered' me wrong.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean make no mistake in no way i am suggesting you should get a car for the sole purpose of getting laid.

but, if you are going to do it there is a way to do it and a way not to do it.

you want a woman to think, okay he makes good money ovbiously and he has style/taste.

you don't want the "oh he drives a camero my friends will think i'm so fly if they see me with him"

In janky places across the US, I could see people not knowing what a 10 year old lexus looks like and being impressed by it. In fact, right across the bay in Oakland you will find many used hacked up lexus cars turned into ghetto rides with huge stupid wheels and shiny things bolted on.
dude i live in LA. just about every woman i got with liked my car. but it was very very clean. even living in LA if i parked somewhere or went somewhere it was one of the nicer cars in the scene.

SC's are a very niche car. 10 year old or not a SC400 right now that is loaded is a head turner. I am pretty sure my year was the last year.. if not no more than 1 more year before they stopped making the 400. so if you want a 2 door lexus coupe that's a real sports car you have to get a 300 or a 400 the 430 really isn't a sports car.

Duffdog really nailed it in his reply too. Down here in LA, if you're driving an american car you are looked upon as either poor or cheap, both automatic disqualifiers.
i would agree execpt for the new camero . the new camero is a panty dropper most defiantly. every time my wife and i go somewhere and we get out and see one she has to give it the 3rd degree. we saw a purple one day that was very cold and even i was like dude, that's a bad ass whip right there.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Skip the whole car debate and drive a badass Jeep Wrangler. Women love them and love to ride along with the top down. Best thing is new they are priced reasonable and you can change the look of it at will. Plus it's a guy thing - fun to go mudding or offroading. Thirsty engines though........

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A chick wanting to open her legs because of your wheels ? Well, I don't know about that, but I can tell you from experience that......
Asians much prefer German cars over anything else....Even if you roll up in a GTR or top of the line Lexus (or in my case an NSX), they will be more impressed if you are driving something Barvarian

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
Don't ever let anyone tell you that trucks don't get you laid. I was in texas with my $65,000 f350 and let me tell you what-- them cowgirls noticed...
Well, yeah... but look at who's the target demographic! ;)

---

Motorcycles also have a similar effect on tail as expensive cars. :D

Something about a man and his horse/chariot...

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I mean make no mistake in no way i am suggesting you should get a car for the sole purpose of getting laid.

but, if you are going to do it there is a way to do it and a way not to do it.

you want a woman to think, okay he makes good money ovbiously and he has style/taste.

you don't want the "oh he drives a camero my friends will think i'm so fly if they see me with him"

dude i live in LA. just about every woman i got with liked my car. but it was very very clean. even living in LA if i parked somewhere or went somewhere it was one of the nicer cars in the scene.

SC's are a very niche car. 10 year old or not a SC400 right now that is loaded is a head turner. I am pretty sure my year was the last year.. if not no more than 1 more year before they stopped making the 400. so if you want a 2 door lexus coupe that's a real sports car you have to get a 300 or a 400 the 430 really isn't a sports car.

i would agree execpt for the new camero . the new camero is a panty dropper most defiantly. every time my wife and i go somewhere and we get out and see one she has to give it the 3rd degree. we saw a purple one day that was very cold and even i was like dude, that's a bad ass whip right there.

Hey BackBreaker,

I totally forgot to mention that it depends on what circle you roll in. I know that there are lots of SC400 cars that people are proud of. And those same people would probably like the Camaro as well, and probably a cutlass supreme on 24"s, Big stereos, Hummers, TV screens in the headrests, shiny things, chrysler 300's, more shiny things on the car, etc. etc.

I was strictly speaking of the career minded, corporate, ladder climbing type of white/asian girls who actually do care about what kind of car the guy drives. Those type of girls have never used the word "whip" when referring to a car, ever, in their whole life. When I first got my lexus (I own one also) I would sometimes meet girls in parking lots because they would approach me to ask if they could drive it-- the IS300 was a hot little car when it was new.
Now, not so much.

Also, worthy of hall of fame advise-- if you own a big truck, you will inevitably get asked by every girl going the lake/beach/ocean/river/water of any type "do you own a boat?!?!?!?!" I remember letting my friend use my truck for his boat. I have never seen anything like that in my whole life. Girls were flagging us down on the freeway because they wanted to ride in the boat (we werent even to the lake yet!)--when we got to the water there was a line of hotties sitting on the pier waiting to get on any guys nice boat. Not any cheap boats, however. I'm actually not joking about that last part, there would be a pair of 50 yr old guys with a drag boat and 4 random college girls would ask if them if they could ride in it. And I saw them get in... We let a couple random girls come out with us too (we already had 3), it was really a crazy experience. I don't really know what the allure of boats is for girls, but it totally explains why most guys want a boat when they get older.