Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

derrick rose mvp?

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, being a huge Bulls fan in Chicago, I'm sure there is some bias here.

In my mind there is no one that contributed more to the resurgence of a team than Rose did. The Bulls have dealt with huge injuries from the supporting cast all season long. They have something like 20 full strength games. Yet they haven't missed a beat and it is all because of Rose.

While LeBron's numbers are higher than Rose, you really can't use that as a cut and dry case. The Heat have 3 quality scorers. Their points, for the most part, are distributed between those 3 and those 3 only. The Bulls have 4 starters capable of 20 points on any given night, as well as the best and most productive bench in the entire league. Rose has many more players taking possessions from him. Yet, everything still runs through him. He is the CLEAR leader of that team, while LeBron has shown character issues and still takes a back seat to Wade.

It should also be taken into account that Rose's Bulls have gone 3-0 against James' Heat, as well as beating every other top tier team in the league. The Heat have struggled consistently against these teams.

Some experts argue that MVP should be determined on the calculated impact of a players' statistics. If that is the case, Kevin Love would be the front runner. But let's be serious. Kevin Love is not winning the MVP award.

How I see it, Rose getting the MVP just makes sense. If anyone else takes it, I think there would be talk of Rose getting cheated. Maybe it's Chicago media bias, but when I hear MVP chants for him in ROAD games... I think it is known elsewhere in the league as well.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dwight Howard

Rose is third in my opinion.

He is on a team with NOBODIES, their second best player Boozer was gone much of year HELLO INFLATED STATS. Sure they have a good record, but they play in the horrible east. Lebron would be second he not only has better numbers, pretty much the same record, is obviously better period, is a better defender, and is on a team with a top 5 player and a top 20 player arguably.

My choice would be dwight howard, affects dominates both sides of the floor and isn't def isn't given enough credit. Lebron is close though.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nmartinez12443 said:
Rose is third in my opinion.

He is on a team with NOBODIES, their second best player Boozer was gone much of year HELLO INFLATED STATS. Sure they have a good record, but they play in the horrible east. Lebron would be second he not only has better numbers, pretty much the same record, is obviously better period, is a better defender, and is on a team with a top 5 player and a top 20 player arguably.

My choice would be dwight howard, affects dominates both sides of the floor and isn't def isn't given enough credit. Lebron is close though.

Are you serious??? A team of nobodies? The Bulls are arguably the deepest team in the entire league. But even still... if this is a team of nobodies, doesn't that make a case even more for Rose? They are currently tied for the #1 seed. Is it all because of Rose?

You can't call Rose's stats "inflated" when he puts up the same numbers with his team fully healthy.

I just don't see how LeBron should even be considered as MVP when his own team doesn't even give him the nod for the final shots in a close game. He's obviously Wade's "Robin" in the eyes of their own team.

I love Howard. But I can't call him an MVP over Rose this year. One of his big issues is his free throw weakness. It's hard to call someone MVP, when he can be completely shut down just by putting him on the line.

And I'm sorry... but I'm still laughing at the comment of the "horrible East". Especially considering the two guys you put ahead of Rose also play in the East, and don't do nearly as well against the same teams.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay

The good news for you is that because of James being in a smaller market, the fact he has already won the MVP, and the fact that Lebron is hated by millions. Rose will actually win the MVP undeservedly. Rose is an overhyped Russel Westbrook.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Why LeBron is having a better year than Rose:
1. Better numbers even with...... (see #2)
2. Better team (he has to share with two studs and doesn't hog the shots as rose does and can, even with these studs in Wade and Bosh, Lebron is clearly the best player on that team making Wade look like a toddler with a new toy basketball)
3. Better Defender

If Lebron were on the bulls ALONE like Rose, he would have them having the same record as he did with Cleveland whose team was WAY worse than Chicagos and Average 30-7-7 easy.

As far as your argument of Chicagos team being deep, they are all role players outside of boozer and will be out in the first round. Rose will win, but I would vote for him

stayfly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bron isn't getting it this season

Rose or Dwight IMO

TheManOfSteel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Rose will win MVP, but I also think my Celtics will eliminate Rose from the playoffs... :)

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
throw in

Rose shots 43% from the field = HORRIBLE and not getting any better of late.

Look at his numbers and compare it to Russell Westbrook, identical. Except Westbrook plays in the west with 100% better competition and has to share the ball with a legit star in Durantula. Don't get me wrong rose is great a top 10 point guard, but Most Valuable Player, dirk, howard, lebron over him now that I look at dirk's numbers.

RockaRolla25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Larry Bird for MVP.

Larry Bird = one of my favorite players.

Average game for his career:

24 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists.

That was his stat line basically EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of his career.