Dating without Being in a Calorie Surplus

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s up guys. I’ve regrettably put on a bit of weight with everything going on in my life, so I’d like to do a cut for a few months to look good by the summer.

With my new professional Tinder pictures that I took, I’m also generating many matches. I’ve always been the kind of guy that thought drinks dates were the best. I always do them to have the best odds of closing my dates. I have 3 dates set for this week. However, when I looked at my schedule this week, this poses a serious problem for my summer cut:

Monday: After work drinks w coworkers
Tuesday: Date #1
Wednesday: Date #2
Thursday: Date #3
Friday: Nightgame w the Homies

Like, jeez man lol. If I’m drinking 5x a week there’s absolutely no way I’m going to be in a calorie deficit. I’m well aware that all it takes is one fvcked up day of dieting to totally cancel out your whole diet.

I’ve tried to moderate my drinking in the past on dates, but every time I’ve tried that, it just doesn’t work and I end up drinking a ton more on the date, inevitably ending up in a large surplus. The diet goes out the window the second I start drinking lol.

To make matters worse, I’m also extremely slammed with my software job, and I can’t really do hours and hours of cardio to stay lean with all that drinking. I just don’t have the time. (I had spoken with one of my other friends and he said that was how he was staying lean.) A longer term solution would be to build more muscle so that I naturally burn more calories, but that doesn’t help me today. Also, if I can’t get lean enough due to this problem, I won’t be able to get to a position where I’m able to bulk in the first place.

I can handle one or two bad days of eating a week by throwing in some fasting or lessening calories elsewhere and still hit my goals, but 5 is just too much lol.

So, I essentially feel like I’m in a Catch-22 here. What is the best solution to this as someone who wants to date around a ton while still hitting all of my fitness goals? The best answer I can think of is to put a hard cap on that drinking to once a week, including social events that aren’t dates. However, that means I won’t be able to date as much, which kinda sucks.

Just wanted to get some additional ideas and see if there were other perspectives that I hadn’t explored.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
How about not drinking beer or sweetened beverages. Do shots and drink water or do something like a NorCal margarita
Ingredients
  • 2 shots Top shelf tequila (preferably resposado or anejo, see tequila descriptions below), 3 shots if you’re feeling frisky
  • The juice and pulp of one lime
  • Club soda to taste
Instructions
  1. Shake it up
  2. Serve on the rocks
Either get to bar early and order one so that your barkeep knows what you mean when you order it, your date will hear you order something she’s not familiar with and ask. It usually fascinates them. Alternatively order it and instruct the barkeep on how to make it, clearly, pleasantly and commandingly - again women like men that are decisive and informed and pleasant to others.

sosuave213

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I'm sober and don't drink. You can literally just say no and buy the woman a drink.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Being fitness oriented is also something women appreciate a great deal. It is a display of high value.

sosuave213

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet Coke + rum/whisky or just get the hard liquor on the rocks.

No beer or wine.

Keep it to ONE drink and you are more than fine.
Bro wtf? That has more calories than two beers.

You do know that 1 g of alcohol has 7 calories right?...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
An average IPA has ~200kcal, a shot of distilled liquor has about 100.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'd go on drink dates and drink water. Almost universally the women respected me once I told them I don't drink while I'm in training...never prevented me from getting laid either.

So the answer is drink water. It won't matter. I'd actually go on dates while I was fasting at times and straight up tell them I'm fasting and only drinking water.

Then they would tell me how they wish they could as disciplined as me and how they admired me. Sometimes I think it actually helped me since it gave them an insight into me and they liked that I did what I wanted and didn't allow myself to be swayed.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like, jeez man lol. If I’m drinking 5x a week there’s absolutely no way I’m going to be in a calorie deficit.
Yes there is a way. You can drink alcohol and be in a deficit.
I’m well aware that all it takes is one fvcked up day of dieting to totally cancel out your whole diet.
Umm, no.
I’ve tried to moderate my drinking in the past on dates, but every time I’ve tried that, it just doesn’t work and I end up drinking a ton more on the date, inevitably ending up in a large surplus. The diet goes out the window the second I start drinking lol.
Learn to control yourself.
To make matters worse, I’m also extremely slammed with my software job, and I can’t really do hours and hours of cardio to stay lean with all that drinking.
Then don’t eat and drink so much.
Just wanted to get some additional ideas and see if there were other perspectives that I hadn’t explored.
You seem to just lack willpower and knowledge on nutrition.

By the way, have you ever thought you don’t have to drink at all when out and about?

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can’t really do hours and hours of cardio to stay lean
Who told you you need "hours and hours of cardio to stay lean"? Abs are made in the kitchen, hit the gym very hard, start with strong lifts 5x5 to develop strength, do 20 mins of cardio twice a week and eat very clean and in a caloric deficit, and one last thing, consistency day after day, there, I just told you the magic of staying lean.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes there is a way. You can drink alcohol and be in a deficit.

Umm, no.

Learn to control yourself.

Then don’t eat and drink so much.

You seem to just lack willpower and knowledge on nutrition.

By the way, have you ever thought you don’t have to drink at all when out and about?
Drinking alcohol, especially a lot of alcohol, is one of the worst thing you can do to your hormonal profile. It's highly estrogenic.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or just start up intermittent fasting so you have plenty of calories to spare come date time.

The struggle will be getting your protein fill. Consider a high protein breakfast and a double scoop protein for lunch. That should get you 80-100g protein daily, which a protein-centered dinner should be able to fill the rest.

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
You already have a good understanding of the basics of calorie in and calorie out. So, I would suggest go with a low-calorie alcohol option if you still have to drink. Eg: vodka (I hate it) or whiskey, both on the rocks instead of beer or wine. Don't add mixers. Try to alternate your alcoholic drink with water during a drinking session.

But in the long-term you won't be as fit due to alcohol messing up with your metabolism and protein synthesis causing muscle weakness and atrophy, which I reckon you are aware of. If you are struggling with managing your alcohol use, try to gradually reduce it daily. Make a strategic reduction plan by reducing only a few ml per day and never exceed beyond what's planned. I think will-power is bull****, men need a solid plan. That will never fail you.

Cheers.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go on drink dates and drink water. Almost universally the women respected me once I told them I don't drink while I'm in training...never prevented me from getting laid either.

So the answer is drink water. It won't matter. I'd actually go on dates while I was fasting at times and straight up tell them I'm fasting and only drinking water.

Then they would tell me how they wish they could as disciplined as me and how they admired me. Sometimes I think it actually helped me since it gave them an insight into me and they liked that I did what I wanted and didn't allow myself to be swayed.
Wow, you’ve been on dates during an extended fast? That’s dope. Maybe I need more electrolytes but Day 2 of the fast is always really rough