Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Damage control: Make a woman tell you what she wants to hear.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A quick little tip I found by accident while dealing with my current girlfriend.

While in an argument, or while she decides to "express her feelings." here are some key tips you should follow:

1.) Let her do most, if not all the talking. Don't be so short that you come off as a d!ck (remember, this is damage control) but keep your words minimal. Woman often just want to verbalize their feelings, and just want someone to listen to them.

2.) Play aloof. Act like you had no idea something was wrong until she brings it up herself. Through time, this will train her to just verbalize her problems whenever they arise. This should be a key factor in any relationship (straight forwardness), but some men aren't so lucky.

3.) Repeat what she says back to her. What I mean by that is, take the part that she wants hear and retort it back to her but add some stuff of your own around it, and comfort her. Example after next tip.

3.) Get her to say what she wants to hear. How? By carefully constructed questions and words. An example:

Scars: Hey!
GF: Hey..
Scars: How are you?
GF: Good.
Scars: What's wrong?
GF: What do you mean?
Scars: You're being short with me.. what's wrong babe?
GF: Nothing..
Scars: Just tell me.
GF: Well, idk.. nothing feels right, I'm sad.. blah blah *whatever surface talk a normal woman would say*
(A woman, will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS start or end using the word "feel" or "feeling" or "feelings" during an argument. It's guaranteed.)
Scars: Why do you feel that way?
GF: idk.. I just do.
Scars: Why though?
GF: Well lately I just feel like you don't care.
Scars: Why do you feel like I don't care?
GF: Because you haven't been as communicative with me lately, and I just wonder about things and blah blah blah.. woman talk.
Scars: I'm sorry I haven't been as communicative lately.. I've just been so busy lately with work and this and that..
GF: I know you've been busy.. I just feel like you don't care, and I see all these other girls posting on your profile all the time.. (Woman will often repeat themselves and run around in circles.)
Scars: I know babe, I'll try and be more communicative but you must remember I still have to follow my goals and blah blah (Remember to pitch your side of the story. And do it firmly. But at the same time, tell her what she wants to hear. She put the words right in front of you for you to say.) And I'm sorry about those girls, I can't help what they say.
GF: I know, but it just makes me feel like you might be having something on the side.. I just don't want to be played. (Once she gets one issue out, she'll bring up something else that's been at her mind for awhile, but has repressed.)
Scars: You aren't getting played. You know you're the only girl that I want.
GF: Really?
Scars: Yes..
GF: Awh & make-up session ensues.

In this example, she just felt neglected, and just needed a bit of attention. She's not an attention ***** by any means. But she saw some things on the facebook profile that she reacted negatively to. All she needed was a little bit of comfort. I took her words and fed them to her exactly how she wanted to hear. By playing aloof, and asking her questions until she finally told me what she wanted to here.

And if all else fails, "I'm sorry you feel that way," works wonders as well. Anything with the word "feel" in it.

So in a nutshell:

Play dumb.
Ask them how they feel.
Get them to verbalize what's wrong.
Take from that what they want to hear, and retort it back to them with your own spice.

Mind you. Sometimes you have to ask a woman what's wrong 18 times before she says anything. But if she's been short and giving you sh!tty attitude, chances are she has a lot to say. She's just waiting for you to dig it out of her.

Cheers.

-Scars

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a damn good tactic scars. Thanks for posting! will definitely keep this in mind for the future.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
using the word 'feel' is very important, both in relation to them and yourself

an analogy - people too often use the phrase "it is cold" as though it were a fact, but two people in a room might not agree that it is cold and they are arguing about who is correct, regarding the temperature. ie, a retort to "it is cold" can be "no, its not cold at all, its 75 degrees look"

But "i feel cold", or "i am cold" cannot be refuted even if it is 90 degrees, pointing at the actual temperature doesn't help the situation and doesn't stop them feeling cold, you haven't addressed the real thing, how they are actually experiencing the temperature

and its kind of the same for "you have been neglecting me" vs "i've been feeling neglected", people often say the former when they should say the latter, and we tend to respond to both those situations in different ways - the problem with the former is that you can often end up trying to "prove" that you haven't been neglecting them, and not addressing the real problem, which is a subjective feeling of being neglected

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know... You're throwing an awful lot of "sorry's" in there.

I'm not a big fan of that word. It might tend to underscore in her mind that she was actually right about YOU being the problem and it puts you at a bad leverage point.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the sorrys either

I also find a lot of girls are kind of irritated by apologies much of the time. I'm kinda more in the 'just be more fun' camp

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Good advice about repeating things back (common psychological trick to connect with someone). I often send a girl previous messages she sent me for that reason. What could recapture how they felt better than her exact words?

However: never apologize! It makes a carbon copy of whatever bugged them to begin with. I also avoid using words like sorry or any negative words for that matter. Try to rephrase things using only positive words.

Example:

Instead of "I will never forget you" (which uses the words never and forget)
use "I will always remember you".

Htienvu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I don't know... You're throwing an awful lot of "sorry's" in there.

I'm not a big fan of that word. It might tend to underscore in her mind that she was actually right about YOU being the problem and it puts you at a bad leverage point.
I was gonna say, it's good tactics without all the "sorrys". "Sorry" should rarely be said, you can use other words to express your mistakes.

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on guys...

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183643&highlight=communication+key

That was my post about communication. Every time I used the word feel, it backfired.

The word feel has yielded nothing but negative implications upon my love life.

I suppose It's different if you're on the other side of the fence??

The only difference b/t my post and Scar's is that he's the one with the upper hand in this particular situation.

I also learned that if you use the expressions, "I feel," then nobody can refute your feelings. You are not blaming the other person by saying you're making me feel, but it comes from within...

Psssh, what a load of crap. I threw away Men are From Mars and Women are From Venus.

I'm still learning and a recovering AFC, I'd love to hear some more insight regarding both of our posts.

FYI, In no way am I attempting to undermine your post Scar. I'm merely a bit befuddled and looking for some insight as you have given excellent advice in the past. Thanks.

ELMER_GANTRY

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you, that you should tell them what they want to hear, and use her words. I don't agree with the convo you had. Shouldn't be saying sorry all the time. Not a good habit to get into and you come off as a soft man giving into her own insecurities. You keep telling her sorry all the time and explaining to her. That will get you in trouble sooner or later, if you keep saying sorry and apologizing for nothing, because she will use that against you very soon and then will lose respect for you. Use that when you did something really wrong, not just because she has feelings of neglect and insecurities of other girls on facebook. You right play into her hands and when you do that, she wants you to be sorry, and then she will expect you to be saying sorry and apologizing for everything you do that she sees wrong. Why do that and open a can of worms? So don't do that, or get into that habit. Why should you be sorry? You're a busy guy and there is no need to say you're sorry or apologize for that. You did nothing wrong.

Here is an example of what will happen if you keep apologizing and saying sorry all the time for no reason.....

Her: Scars, why didn't you answer your phone or texts when I called you?
Scars: I was kind of busy.
Her: You were too busy for me?
Scars: Well I had a lot of stuff to do
Her: I really wanted to see you today. I haven't seen you in 2 days Scars.
Scars: I know
Her: You don't even sound upset about not seeing me. Doesn't that bother you? Aren't you going to apologize and say you're sorry for not seeing me for 2 days?

see what I mean? you just opened a can of worms here and she will expect to hear sorry and apologies for everything you do that she sees wrong. She will gain control of the relationship while you're apologizing and explaining all the time. so don't keep saying sorry or explain yourself for things that are not wrong just to placate her insecurities. Don't be soft and keep apologizing.

Scars said:
GF: Well, idk.. nothing feels right, I'm sad.. blah blah *whatever surface talk a normal woman would say*
(A woman, will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS start or end using the word "feel" or "feeling" or "feelings" during an argument. It's guaranteed.)
Scars: Why do you feel that way?
GF: idk.. I just do.
Scars: Why though?
GF: Well lately I just feel like you don't care.
Scars: Why do you feel like I don't care?
GF: Because you haven't been as communicative with me lately, and I just wonder about things and blah blah blah.. woman talk.
Scars: I'm sorry I haven't been as communicative lately.. I've just been so busy lately with work and this and that..
dont say sorry or explain...not good.
I haven't been communicative lately I was busy all week with work and next week is our week to chill and have fun. (lot better... youre not explaining and saying sorry and she now knows what is up)
GF: I know you've been busy.. I just feel like you don't care, and I see all these other girls posting on your profile all the time.. (Woman will often repeat themselves and run around in circles.)
Scars: I know babe, I'll try and be more communicative but you must remember I still have to follow my goals and blah blah (Remember to pitch your side of the story. And do it firmly. But at the same time, tell her what she wants to hear. She put the words right in front of you for you to say.) And I'm sorry about those girls, I can't help what they say.
more explaining and saying sorry.....not good.
you know I do care about you, i'm a busy guy and will have more time for us soon, and who cares about those chicks on fb and what they say. you're mine
GF: I know, but it just makes me feel like you might be having something on the side.. I just don't want to be played. (Once she gets one issue out, she'll bring up something else that's been at her mind for awhile, but has repressed.)
Scars: You aren't getting played. You know you're the only girl that I want.
GF: Really?
Scars: Yes..
GF: Awh & make-up session ensues.

And if all else fails, "I'm sorry you feel that way," works wonders as well. Anything with the word "feel" in it.
-Scars
don't say sorry all the time, or you will be sorry for saying that.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
as long as you aren't pretending. a lot of guys pretend to be busy just to not look needy. that kinda sucks.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apologies but this was a terrible show of how to deal with a girl.

Your biggest mistake is this:

You are being an over-sensitive slave acting like pusy. Sometimes girls will be short when there is wrong, sometimes they will be short for the hell of it. You won't get anywhere if your whole life is hanging on the tone and length of her replies. If you give her the impression that your life and self confidence depends on her affections, then this is the 1st step towards doom.

For the word babe, why did you say that? Do you notice an addiction to make every sentence affectionate and cutesy towards her? Why are you calling her babe if she is being short with you. If you are saying babe as an affectionate nickname for your girlfriend when you feel nice then i have nothing to say. But if it sounds like you are using it like 'your highness' and trying to suck up to her, you need to check yourself.

The number 1 basic mistake you are making is that this wasn't an argument. You made a gay unsuitable affectionate demonstration of your lack of masculinity for no reason. If she has a problem then let her come to you with it. Dont go looking for it, giving the impression that it is the most important thing in your life. This was a basic gay behaviour brah.

I feel that this was a poor show.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good one, Ease. I agree completely.

@ Ghostwriter, glad you threw that book out. Although the author John Gray does make some very good points, he is an extremely femminine man and that has to flavor his conclusions.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note: This transcript was also completely fake. I don't really talk to my gf like this, but I was just trying to demonstrate my main point.. of using her words to your advantage.

At the same time.. you may also notice it has been MONTHS sense I have been on this forum. Perhaps I have started caving in.. maybe it's a good thing I came back to check up on this place, perhaps I need a harsh reality check. Especially sense I used to GIVE advice here. Heh.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Note: This transcript was also completely fake. I don't really talk to my gf like this, but I was just trying to demonstrate my main point.. of using her words to your advantage.

At the same time.. you may also notice it has been MONTHS sense I have been on this forum. Perhaps I have started caving in.. maybe it's a good thing I came back to check up on this place, perhaps I need a harsh reality check. Especially sense I used to GIVE advice here. Heh.

I think you do talk like that to your gf

Why would you make a shytty thread like this?

Why would you say this is great advice to use?

Yeah you caved into her in that transcript