Cinco De Mayo

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so the tradition started in Mexico but down here in the south west, certian alcohol companies (just think It sounds "mexican" so we'll push it) have pumped up this "holiday" so much that it's almost a tequila fueled super car. Anyway I was out last night, now I'm taking this particular blonde law student back to her house in a few.:D

Anybody else participate in this, the greatest stolen holiday of all time?! Share some stories...on seis de mayo lol!

Come on wit it!

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanted to celebrate last night but trying to cut back a bit. Got a big going away party tonight though!

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I first heard of Cinco De Mayo last year when my roommate was throwing a Cinco De Mayo party at our house. It took me a while to realize it meant May 5th LOL.

It was a great time, she put alot of work into it, we had all sorts of great mexi food, mexi drinks and just a grande ole time in general.

I've since moved out of province and nobody celebrates around here, IMO its like St Patty's day, another excuse for people to get drunk.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's funny is Mexicans really don't give a **** about it. Who celebrates beating the French anyways?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
armadon said:
What's funny is Mexicans really don't give a **** about it. Who celebrates beating the French anyways?
thats something that anybody can do. at least it ain't as bad as say the Italians that couldn't even beat the Ethiopians :crackup:

comic_relief

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of italians, ever see the movie True Romance, where Christopher Walkin is about to kill Dennis Hopper and he gives the spawned from the moors speech.

Is that true?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cinco de Mayo is basically a fake holiday. Who the hell celebrates a single battle victory when the war was actually lost?

IMO it's just some day that the Mexicans in America living in California decided it would be their drinking day. The day is ignored in Mexico. As it is now, Cinco de Mayo is basically Mexican American heritage day.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's 1/3 of my heritage and I honestly never have celebrated this "holiday." In fact yesterday, I had spaghetti for dinner cooked by my dad who admitted that I make pasta better than his. No tex-mex food whatsoever. If people want to drink to it, go for it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I could give to sh*ts about the battle of puebla. The fact that I get some of the best premium tequila for cheap or free, from hot promotions girls is a god sent. FYI Casa Noble tequila is the bomb! The bar I went to last night, the now imfamouse Paradise Cantina has a count down clock to cinco every year. It's pretty off the chain most of the year but that particular day rules the school.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Speaking of italians, ever see the movie True Romance, where Christopher Walkin is about to kill Dennis Hopper and he gives the spawned from the moors speech.

Is that true?
Only vaguely. Spain, on the other hand, was partly ruled by Moors until 600 years ago, and it's certain that a lot of them converted to Catholicism and stuck around. Spain is way more African than Sicily.

bmxcetera said:
It's 1/3 of my heritage and I honestly never have celebrated this "holiday."
How can 1/3rd of your ancestors be anything?

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
armadon said:
so true, im mexican and we dont celebrate that chit. i didnt even know whats the celebration about.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can 1/3rd of your ancestors be anything?
First off, my mother is of mexican descent. Next, my grandfather is purely of descent, and then a whole long list of relatives in Mexico.

so true, im mexican and we dont celebrate that chit. i didnt even know whats the celebration about.
Amen. El Día de Muerte is a much larger holiday for México.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Straight Tequila night for me tonight! with a lil Whiskey thrown in!

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha I also agree.. im mexican american as well. Sh!t I forgot it was even cinco de mayo on monday until my friend asked me what I was doing and reminded me. My family didnt say anything as well.

I agree its just another excuse to get drunk.