Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bumble’s new CEO talks about her critical mission: to spice things up at the company

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Well, it seems Bumble's stock isn't exactly feeling the love these days.

From its flashy debut on the stock market to now barely scraping by at $11 a share, it's like the investors swiped left and never looked back. And it's not just the investors ghosting Bumble—users are getting tired of the whole dating app scene faster than you can say "match."

But fear not, because Lidiane Jones, Bumble's latest CEO, is here to shake things up. Fresh from her short stint at Slack, she's got big plans to inject some excitement back into Bumble. Think AI magic and some fancy-sounding "margin expansion." Sounds impressive, right? And get ready for the big app makeover! Women might not have to make the first move anymore. Yep, you heard that right. But don't worry, Bumble's all about keeping that women's empowerment vibe alive and kicking.

So, will Bumble make a comeback or crash and burn? Methinks the genre is in its death throes, a far cry from its roots, that’s for sure.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way they make it is if they endorse/encourage/allow their female users to show off their boobs.

Which is what the new CEO is doing in her Twitter/X profile pic, so maybe they have hope.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
On Bumble specifically, most women have free accounts and cannot even see right swipes or super likes, so the only way for them to even know you exist is if you dm them using the comment feature and that costs money even with an account. That alone accounts for dismal returns for men that don’t use the feature.

A few years back they ran a special and I bought a lifetime membership for what two months would normally cost, so I passively swipe the results are good enough but it’s a passive stream, I net maybe 1-2 FB’s a year sometimes more, I’d say probably 4-5 lays a year. Whatevs

The only way they make it is if they endorse/encourage/allow their female users to show off their boobs.

Which the new CEO is doing in her Twitter/X profile pic, so maybe they have hope.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating apps are on their way out, I just don't see them lasting as men are leaving as their not getting results
I saw a post on a 6'5. 210 reddit dude who swiped on 650+ chicks and not one single match
Dating apps are slowly dying, I think once VR/AR becomes more popular dating apps will transition to that or a new version of a dating app where the alogrithim actually places emphasis on dates/meets

I could be wrong but the model of swipe apps IMO is not working out for most men (and women too belive it or not) eventually something's gotta give

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating apps are on their way out, I just don't see them lasting as men are leaving as their not getting results
I saw a post on a 6'5. 210 reddit dude who swiped on 650+ chicks and not one single match
Dating apps are slowly dying, I think once VR/AR becomes more popular dating apps will transition to that or a new version of a dating app where the alogrithim actually places emphasis on dates/meets

I could be wrong but the model of swipe apps IMO is not working out for most men (and women too belive it or not) eventually something's gotta give
I was curious and actually found that thread, or one similar. In this case the guy was very plain looking. Not bad, but obviously a good guy, no clear raw edges to him.

Assuming this guy has a job, it's almost crazy to see how this guy is basically invisible to women on Bumble. Like not ONE ? An 50 year hb 3 or something?

One comment said it perfectly: these guys are the backbone for Bumble . These guys are more than willing to pay to get some results . If they lose faith in the apps, then their biggest cash cow will disappear.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I went incognito on Bumble, the only women who have a chance of seeing my profile are women I swiped. It had gotten depressing that I was getting messages from utterly unfackable women thinking I’d hit it. It’s a VERY passive poon stream for me, as I’ve mentioned before I average a few ONS and a plate or two a year from it.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be nervous if I had a big financial stake in any online dating company.
Everyone agrees that the apps are less productive than ever, yet nowdays they charge.

If you are going to charge a fee the customer needs to feel like they got some value out of it. When a guy gets little to nothing back then he cancels his subscription.

The OLD companies will fail if they think their current business model is going to keep the lights on.

And this new CEO at bumble hasn't said anything that would make me feel like she will stop the downward trend either. There is No meat in the schitt sandwich she is trying to serve up.

Obviously Investors feel the same way.

If I owned dating app, I would invest heavily in AI, get rid of as many people as possible, automate everything. Cut as many costs as you can. The public isn't willing to pay for what they are getting.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The public isn't willing to pay for what they are getting.
This is true.

Women don't need to become paying customers of apps because of their abundance.

Most men need to become paying customers to get the unlimited swipes to get enough matches. Most men aren't liking their outcomes from using dating apps.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Fresh from her short stint at Slack
I loved Slack...nobody where I work was happy about the switch to MS Teams...constant issues with that randomly on a near weekly basis. And don't get me started on updates...we literally try and hold off restarting as long as possible and then one day we come back to the laptop in the morning and it auto-restarted and installed the latest Teams update...

We get sick to our stomach logging in and waiting to see what goes wrong next...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yep we used Slack at 2 of the startups I worked at early on in its emergence, loved it. We had built some automations into it to be able to restart instances based on slack commands in specific channels. Teams blew chunks. Sounds like it still does.

My engineers still used it between themselves as a chat channel after corp forced us to move to teams. I’d successfully negotiated to keep our workstations from automated “updates” the rest of the company was subject to, later I took over desktop/IT so it didn’t matter :cool:

I loved Slack...nobody where I work was happy about the switch to MS Teams...constant issues with that randomly on a near weekly basis. And don't get me started on updates...we literally try and hold off restarting as long as possible and then one day we come back to the laptop in the morning and it auto-restarted and installed the latest Teams update...

We get sick to our stomach logging in and waiting to see what goes wrong next...

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope the dating app companies go bankrupt.

It's such a degrading thing to do, for a man to pay a woman's company to boost his profile to the same level as an attractive man just so attractive women can see him, and still reject him.

It's like if there was a line of men trying to bang a supermodel, and some guy at the back of the line pays to get in front just to be seen and still rejected by the supermodel, and the money he paid goes to the supermodel's agent.

In that line all the Chads and Tyrones are at the front and the women can bang as many as they want, and occasionally a Timothy pays to come to the front and she rejects him anyways.

How is that helpful to men? It's so degrading.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope the dating app companies go bankrupt.

It's such a degrading thing to do, for a man to pay a woman's company to boost his profile to the same level as an attractive man just so attractive women can see him, and still reject him.

It's like if there was a line of men trying to bang a supermodel, and some guy at the back of the line pays to get in front just to be seen and still rejected by the supermodel, and the money he paid goes to the supermodel's agent.

In that line all the Chads and Tyrones are at the front and the women can bang as many as they want, and occasionally a Timothy pays to come to the front and she rejects him anyways.

How is that helpful to men? It's so degrading.
The typical Timothy (a mid-tier man) is invisible on dating apps.

Most men get a match on less than 1% of their right swipes. In order to compensate for such a low match percentage, a good portion of men end up buying unlimited swipes.

The typical mid-tier man only gets bottom tier women in his swipe queue. These are women so ghastly that he doesn't want to swipe right on them. These are usually obese single moms swiping right on childless men who are reasonably good looking but not 'Chad' territory.

It's a pretty unsatisfying experience for the mid-tier men on swipe apps. Matches are scarce and first dates are even more scarce. A lot of first dates (when they happen) turn out to be "one date, no sex, no second date".

What's the alternative for Timothy the mid-tier man? How many mid-tier men are going to delete the apps and pound the pavement looking for dates? Are they really going to spend 2-3 nights a week in bars approaching women? Are they going to do 2-3 daygame sessions per week? How many mid-tier men are going to get dates from their co-ed sports league?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was curious and actually found that thread, or one similar. In this case the guy was very plain looking. Not bad, but obviously a good guy, no clear raw edges to him.

Assuming this guy has a job, it's almost crazy to see how this guy is basically invisible to women on Bumble. Like not ONE ? An 50 year hb 3 or something?

One comment said it perfectly: these guys are the backbone for Bumble . These guys are more than willing to pay to get some results . If they lose faith in the apps, then their biggest cash cow will disappear.
Let me clarify the post is regarding a guy on Tinder, you would think even on Tinder being 6'5 white dude he would at least get 33 matches which is less than 0.5% , obviously his pics/bio need work but damn. This just proves height alone don't mean shyt in 2024 if you ain't got the "image" OLD is about how you sell yourself. IRL if he went to a bar dressed up he would probably get IOI's at least from a few chicks depending on the venue etc. But for all I know he could be a weirdo. lol

I went incognito on Bumble, the only women who have a chance of seeing my profile are women I swiped. It had gotten depressing that I was getting messages from utterly unfackable women thinking I’d hit it. It’s a VERY passive poon stream for me, as I’ve mentioned before I average a few ONS and a plate or two a year from it.
The quality on Bumble has gone down since covid IMO however the quality is still better than Tinder. Tinder went of a effen cliff it's nothing but uggos/fatties/Soon to be single mothers (yes girls posting pics with pregnant bellies on some ghetto hood shyt) Single Mothers. Bumble depending on where you live you can still pull a cutie but if your ELO score is wack it's a waste of time.

I'd be nervous if I had a big financial stake in any online dating company.
Everyone agrees that the apps are less productive than ever, yet nowdays they charge.

If you are going to charge a fee the customer needs to feel like they got some value out of it. When a guy gets little to nothing back then he cancels his subscription.

The OLD companies will fail if they think their current business model is going to keep the lights on.

And this new CEO at bumble hasn't said anything that would make me feel like she will stop the downward trend either. There is No meat in the schitt sandwich she is trying to serve up.

Obviously Investors feel the same way.

If I owned dating app, I would invest heavily in AI, get rid of as many people as possible, automate everything. Cut as many costs as you can. The public isn't willing to pay for what they are getting.
IMO even AI can't save dating apps unless they change the algorithm to favor men, why? cause 99.9% of men are paying for subscriptions. I only heard of one woman ever paying who went viral on Reddit and she is an Asian woman who is a 5 at best. If she was hotter she wouldn't think about paying but she travels a lot so she found paying useful although If a woman is serious about finding a longterm partner I think most women could without having to pay(I think she is a serial dater lol). Tinder recently released a $500 subscription which I think is delusional. Even if you say where to get a 100 matches a day would it be worth it? nope cause there is no way to meet all the women it just a rip off. For $500 you can buy 5 Dimes for a week in the DR lmfao.(Im not advocating tricking just using it as a comparsion) Will Men pay $500 a month? Yes rich or well to do men will pay, because it's convenient however there is cavat the guy who can get women easily or laid easily do not have to pay. I remember a broke guy I knew who worked at Amazon making $15 an hour had 1,000+ matches. The guy is a "Bruce Lee" (asian good looking, 6 foot, even in LA it's not the norm)He now is married but even him he would go for low-hanging fruit to smash like some fugly chicks (although he also hooked up with some hotties)

Once a new dating app comes that has brand new concept where it makes dating easier or VR/AR dating or something, that will be the death of swipe apps as we know it no. However the death as we are witnessing is happening slowly over time as right now there just aren't any other options for men who want to meet women

What's the alternative for Timothy the mid-tier man? How many mid-tier men are going to delete the apps and pound the pavement looking for dates? Are they really going to spend 2-3 nights a week in bars approaching women? Are they going to do 2-3 daygame sessions per week? How many mid-tier men are going to get dates from their co-ed sports league?
3rd places are dead unless the mid-tier man has a "Meat Market" in his area (most of them are dead in 2024 unless you're in a city where there are not) or a social circle. If not he's going to be relegated to dating app or meeting women in unique niche ways. SW we both know once a man is over 35+ who has the energy to daygame/nightgame 2-3 nights a week? (unless you have high testosterone lol)especially if you're working 40-70 hours. I used to have a buddy who was average in looks, makes a 120K+ as a firefighter working 40-70 hours a week, had a bit of local status in NYC and he couldn't get laid. He has been doing the passport bro thing for over a decade and cleans up in Latin countries. Last I talked to him his goal was to retire in Colombia by 2027 all he would need is 3 Grand a month and he would live like a "King". You already know my buddy Casey Redbeard who moved from Miami to Colombia and his girlfriend is a dime, in Miami that type of girl would not look his way (no shade to Casey that's my bro)

Things are going to get worse before they get better, I do think a "Dating-Reset" is coming, I know people think it won't but the cost of living, inflation, etc are going to be astronomical within the next several years. If women don't adjust their expectations that's how you end up ith 45% of women being single in 2030. Now a days even if you're spinning plates or dating multiple women(heck even dating one chick) going out to grab drinks or dating in general isn't cheap. This dating model just isn't realistic I do think dating will drastically change in the next decade. Because of various factors, not just economic factors, but also because of AI and a trend back to traditionalism (although you will also see a trend of polyamory)

Something gotta give!

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the big dating apps except for Bumble are subsidiaries of match.com.

Match has stayed "relevant" by just making new apps every time their older effort has turned into a sad joke full of desperate AFCs and fatties.

Bumble won't save itself by going to the same tired formula that the rest of these predatory dating apps have taken. The user base has already moved on to the next thing.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I saw a post on a 6'5. 210 reddit dude who swiped on 650+ chicks and not one single m

Can either of you link to these threads? I suspect he had bad, NPC tier photos. Did his profile include selfies and a pics of him holding a fish? If so, that explains it.

While I haven't used bumble in years, and while it was overall less effective than Hinge and Tinder, I still managed to get a fair bit of #s and dates from it.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can either of you link to these threads? I suspect he had bad, NPC tier photos. Did his profile include selfies and a pics of him holding a fish? If so, that explains it.

While I haven't used bumble in years, and while it was overall less effective than Hinge and Tinder, I still managed to get a fair bit of #s and dates from it.
His pictures are just bland, no fish pic but still lol at the one of him standing and cooking, the biggest issue I've noticed with men who are average and failing is their pictures just scream boring. You gotta show yourself having fun, doing fly shyt that's whats worked for me

684 Matches no Dates...Yikes

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao, he literally looks like an AI generated amalgamation of the average "redditor", let me guess he's a liberal atheist psuedointellectual too? Exactly how I pictured him: beard, glasses, overweight, probably with soy tits. I talk to a lot of women about their experiences on dating apps and they always say that most men have the exact same boring pics and think they're all clones. Men love to claim women all wear the same clothes and take the same pics, but so do men, especially Redditors. His photos are insufferably average and boring and he doesn't deserve a single match because he doesn't have an original bone in his entire character or personality.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao, he literally looks like an AI generated amalgamation of the average "redditor", let me guess he's a liberal atheist psuedointellectual too? Exactly how I pictured him: beard, glasses, overweight, probably with soy tits. I talk to a lot of women about their experiences on dating apps and they always say that most men have the exact same boring pics and think they're all clones. Men love to claim women all wear the same clothes and take the same pics, but so do men, especially Redditors. His photos are insufferably average and boring and he doesn't deserve a single match because he doesn't have an original bone in his entire character or personality.
The guy I've seen cleaning up the most was an Asian 5,4 dude who never touched a dumbbell (skinny dude), but he DGAFFfFF!!

Funny thing is 6,5 AFC got semi roasted for the combination of the jacket and the sweater. He took it like a AFC, constantly defending all criticism. Then why the hell you'd even ask for help...

So yeah I keep saying that even here we ALLEGEDLY have members who "have it all" statistically, but even the Sahara desert would be jealous to their dry status..

Goes to show that a great physique without inner game is like a great car with no motor. Ofcourse every man is adviced to get a great physique ,but MUCH harder is inner work and actually changing your (low) self image.

Neglect that and end up bitter and confused.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true.

Women don't need to become paying customers of apps because of their abundance.

Most men need to become paying customers to get the unlimited swipes to get enough matches. Most men aren't liking their outcomes from using dating apps.
Men are used to having to pay for poon, one way or another, so paying for a dating app makes perfect sense.