Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bench 225 in four months of traning is it ok??

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hello guys

i ,m able to do 225 bench 3 reps ..

is it ok? or i need to put more effort here

squats is 265

let me know if is ok...

manish

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT OKAY. You should be doing over 400lbs each for the big 3. Squat, bench and deadlift.

Any lower just means you're slacking off!

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im assuming search1ng is joking. But in three reps after 4 months both are not bad.

Should try upping the sets and reps on a lower weight first however and then gradually progressing to the heavier weights

Dice52987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where did you start? If you started benching 95 lbs. and are now benching 225, that's tremendous progress. But if you started at 200, and after 4 months doing 225, then there's an issue. In any case, progress is progress. As long as you're getting stronger, that's all that matters.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys ..thanks for responding

Dice52987 said:
Where did you start?
Accroding to my jornal here ..i started with 85 lbs now i can do 225..i guess i can go uptp 250...will hit that in coming week

jocca said:
Should try upping the sets and reps on a lower weight first however and then gradually progressing to the heavier weights
for 180 lbs i can do 10 reps without any help, but when it comes to 225..i suck badly..i can just do 3 reps...

search1ng said:
You should be doing over 400lbs
lol..i dont think i can lift that much bench...i need to get 3 to 4 years of traning for that.

waynejohn said:
You need to spend more time squatting.
i,m working for that..last time when i did that i went for 315.so improving on that..

also i have dropped 10 kg of wt..
so let me know hows the progress.

regards
manish

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The important question is, what are you squatting (to full depth) and deadlifting?

Your bench is too high compared to your squat, with a 225 x 3 bench you should be squatting over 300 and deadlifting over 400.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your bench isn't to high for anything.

How do you go from 85 to 225 ?? I think you may be confusing bench press with some kind of ISO Lateral chest press machine or something...i dont believe you made that big of a jump in such a short amount of time. Before you were completely clueless and a complete rookie now your benching 225 ??

How low are you lowering the bar ??

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
search1ng said:
NOT OKAY. You should be doing over 400lbs each for the big 3. Squat, bench and deadlift.

...this is why the internet is the best place for information...

Form means more then anything else. Not a random number of how much your supposed to lift.

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Before you were completely clueless and a complete rookie now your benching 225 ??
Doesn't that go hand in hand? If your form sucks your numbers may be much lower than what you'd ideally be able to get, so a newbie can progress on both form and strength. Or?

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
search1ng said:

anyone taking this seriously, I was joking.
OP, good job they're good numbers, and like Blink said, form > everything. Except women.

manish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hello guys...so should i stick upto 225 or should i go more...i can go upto 280..in weeks i guess..

Kerpal said:
The important question is, what are you squatting (to full depth) and deadlifting?
i,m not deadlifting...my trainer has said after six months(2 months remaining) i will be allowed to do that exercise...

but i,m able to do rows with 100 lbs dumbell

and Tbar with 160 lbs with max of 3 reps

about squatting i,m not squatting heavy weights to full depth...i have a fear..that i will collapse ..but with lower weights i do full depth.

Drum&Bass said:
your bench isn't to high for anything.

How do you go from 85 to 225 ?? I think you may be confusing bench press with some kind of ISO Lateral chest press machine or something...i dont believe you made that big of a jump in such a short amount of time. Before you were completely clueless and a complete rookie now your benching 225 ??

How low are you lowering the bar ??
i,m not rookie ..i had gone to gym before this.. once for 3 months but then i had a gap of 1 yr in between...you can find my 2 journals here ..but then i used to do more cardio than weights..that time they did nt allow me to do bench press..

if 85 to 225 is big jump...then yes i have jumped that much..i changed my technique..and i was able to achieve that much...i think i can go up to 280 in coming weeks.

i know what is bench press ..the only thing is i,m holding it on wider side than this video.

and i dont touch my chest with the bar..just above the chest then up again...

RMM said:
so a newbie can progress on both form and strength
i think i,m at good form..yes..i have increased some strength .. when i started i was able to do 10 hindu push ups..now i can do upto 27 ...

search1ng said:
I was joking.
i knew that...lol

also i need to ask..is 10 kg wt loss enough..in 4 moths. ..i was 87 when i started..now near to 77.

let me know fells

regards
manish