Been doing NC, my ex wrote to me on FB. What does she want?

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Full disclosure here guys, this is solely out of curiosity. It has happened quite a while ago too, I just remembered it and wondered why she would send such a useless message.

I broke up with her in April
Went NC two weeks later, never broke it
Saw her at my climbing gym, pretty much gave her the cold shoulder
She wrote to me once, I ignored
In July, I started seeing my now girlfriend
In August, she wrote me a message on FB. It said, along those ligns:

"Hi Nico. I was thinking about you last week, I hope your trip went well [I went to Turkey for a month]. I just noticed you deleted me off your FB, that's ok though, I respect that. I hope everything is well. Besos!"

Obviously, I didn't answer. Unfortunately, I tend to have an obsessive mind sometimes. And in the last few days I've been thinking about that message, trying to figure out what the hell it was for.

Thoughts?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was feeling you out, but I think you knew this. When women do this they want to see you. It could be any reason really, usually based on insecurity.

If you wanted nothing to do with her, you handled it perfectly. BUT if you wanted to get her back or put her in your stable, then when a women does this the best thing you can do is call her and stay on the phone only long enough to make a date and see what happens.

Since you ended it.... If she turns you down... then she feels better about herself... you gave her a little of her self-esteem back and it cost you nothing but a 5 minute phone call.... Consider it an investment for the next guy she tries to hook up with, you're helping another bro.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tasty little trail of breadcrumbs to get your hamster's panties in a bunch - yum yum yum!! I especially like the Turkey bit, an obvious fish hook to get you to ask her all about it, gauge your level of interest in her, how much you (still) 'care'. Oh, but if she were a fly on your wall now, watching you scratch your head, contemplating, wondering, devoting so much time and energy to this one little message! Her ego would surely orgasm!! Again and again!! Point being, if she really wanted to talk to you or see you, she would have made it much more apparent - or she's going to have to do a whole lot better than a senseless message like the one she sent you.