Attention to Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BeDJ

If your gut instinct hints some type of troll, please ban them. Many posts are very obvious. I speaks for many in this community that we are not pushovers. We will not tolerate posters that have no intention of bettering our community. It should be very obvious to those doing harm, or else the moderators wouldn't be elected in the first place. You are given authoritative powers, please use them accordingly.

As always, you have our full support.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread was NEEDED. I'm getting sick of all these BS threads popping up as well...

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HalfAddict said:
I feel that Skinnyguy is a troll... I mean he posts useless **** and defends his idiot point relentlessly.
Agreed. He's just wasting the valuable time of people who try to help him.

Clearly a troll.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a moderator, admin, and co admin on multiple gaming websites(and in game) in the passed, and it can get a bit tricky to ban types of trolling. That one asian guy asking to rate him was obviously a troll but skinnyguy is just uneducated on subjects. Its really our job to reducate him and guide him or anyone else in the right direction. AFC's are naturally stubborn.

If i was in a position of power i would actually be sending warning messages to some of the older members for flaming each other- as its against the rules. I see a lot more flaming to and from other members rather than actual trolls.

But in retrospect people get away with a lot of sh*t here based on my experience.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. Its not hard to see the trolls. Sh!t has being crazy. Its fine if some one wants to attempt to visibly disagree, and they can be shut down with logic. But things have been getting real stupid on here.

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(First of all, kudos for sounding more mature at age seventeen than many do at 30+)

Frayzer said:
I've been a moderator, admin, and co admin on multiple gaming websites(and in game) in the passed, and it can get a bit tricky to ban types of trolling. That one asian guy asking to rate him was obviously a troll but skinnyguy is just uneducated on subjects. Its really our job to reducate him and guide him or anyone else in the right direction. AFC's are naturally stubborn.

If i was in a position of power i would actually be sending warning messages to some of the older members for flaming each other- as its against the rules. I see a lot more flaming to and from other members rather than actual trolls.

But in retrospect people get away with a lot of sh*t here based on my experience.
Troll or not troll ... someone please tell him to stop posting useless threads that push away better threads.

"HEY! Do you think that wearing SHOES gives you more tail than NOT wearing shoes?"

Unfortunately there is no forum function for stopping a user from posting threads ... but how about locking meaningless threads? That should be a clear enough hint.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Driggs

But the point is, what is the optimal way of pulling her back into my sphere where she can be ignored?

Quote: noobolgy:

"I think this is a troll, but just incase this is some sad, poor, motherfvcker, I will treat it like its not a troll.

You seriously are fvcked, if you want to do some sh!t like this. Stop yourself, focus on yourself, and get some help if you need it."

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HalfAddict said:
I feel that Skinnyguy is a troll... I mean he posts useless **** and defends his idiot point relentlessly.
Oh, I see.

Basically anyone who disagrees with you should be banned.

Very mature.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We don't ban people for being weird, different, confused, new at this, inexperienced, eccentric, abrasive, young, old, doesn't agree with SS's general philosophies, uneducated, naïve, etc.

We carefully deliberate on each individual in question in order to accurately ascertain whether they are willfully trolling or just blundering out of naiveté or inexperience. We do this to avoid being heavy-handed and denying people chances to get up to speed here.

Many (though not all) men who join here have some significant deficits in socializing skills and are here to learn and get on a more productive track. At first they appear a little weird but many of them make big improvements.

I can think of several members who might have appeared quite ban-worthy in their novice days here at SS; perhaps even one or two who are participating in this very thread.

We all have a very effective means of improving our experience here at SS... It's called ignoring threads that disinterest or annoy us. Simple and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.