Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Arturo Gatti: Another famous athlete killed by his women

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Arturo Gatti is another famous athlete killed by his woman. He was one of my favorite boxers.

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/fighting/police-detain-arturo-gattis-wife/567331?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanhouse.com%2Fnews%2Ffighting%2Fpolice-detain-arturo-gattis-wife%2F567331

SAO PAULO (July 12) -- Brazilian authorities detained the wife of former boxing champion Arturo Gatti and formally accused her Sunday of killing him at a posh seaside tourist resort in Brazil.
Police said 23-year-old Amanda Rodrigues was taken into custody after contradictions in her interrogation and presented a formal accusation against her. Prosecutors will later decide whether she will be charged.
Rodrigues, who denies any involvement in her husband's death, was the first to find the slain boxer's body early Saturday inside the vacation apartment they were renting at the Porto de Galinhas resort in northeastern Brazil, police said.

The former junior welterweight champion was apparently strangled with the strap of a purse, which was found at the scene with blood stains, said Milena Saraiva, a spokeswoman for the Pernambuco state civil police. She told The Associated Press that the Canadian also sustained a head injury.
Police said Rodrigues, a Brazilian, could not explain how she spent nearly 10 hours inside the residence without noticing that Gatti was already dead.
Rodrigues told police she had a fight with Gatti after dinner Friday night and he pushed her to the ground during the altercation, causing her to sustain minor injuries to her elbow and chin. She told authorities Gatti was drunk and that a third party likely committed the crime after he went to the apartment by himself.

Witnesses had reported to police that the couple fought and that Gatti was drunk.
Authorities were told the couple was extremely jealous of each other and that Gatti constantly complained about her clothing when she traveled to Brazil, Saraiva said.
Acelino "Popo'' Freitas, a four-time world champion Brazilian boxer, told Globo TV's Web site on Saturday that he was a closefriend of Gatti and his wife and that he "knew they were having some sort of problem and were about to separate.''
They had planned to spend one month in Brazil on vacation.
The couple's 1-year-old son, who was unhurt, was handed to Rodrigues' sister, Saraiva said.
The 37-year-old Gatti, whose epic trilogy with Micky Ward branded him one of the most exciting fighters of his generation, retired in 2007 with a career record of 40-9 and 31 knockouts.
Known for his straightforward punching and granite-like chin, Gatti captured the super featherweight title in 1995, when he defeated Tracy Harris Patterson in Atlantic City, N.J. He won the junior welterweight title in 2004.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. Brazilian law states "guilty until innocent". They haven't proved anything yet. They're just saying that she killed him because they THINK no one else was around at the time.

The trial and more evidence will tell...

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RIP Arturo.

This is truly a devestating moment for me.

This guy was the epitome of true courage and what the human spirit can overcome, a real life pheonix.

One of my all-time favourites and for those who know me, boxing is truly a large part of my life, not an easy moment and my heart sinks just to think about this.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
Yup. Brazilian law states "guilty until innocent". They haven't proved anything yet. They're just saying that she killed him because they THINK no one else was around at the time.

The trial and more evidence will tell...
OK but she's clearly suspicious and probably at least in on the murder. Unlike the US where women are given preferential treatment and basically allowed to get away with murdering their husbands, other countries prosecute them the same as they would a man.

Police said 23-year-old Amanda Rodrigues was taken into custody after contradictions in her interrogation and presented a formal accusation against her
The former junior welterweight champion was apparently strangled with the strap of a purse, which was found at the scene with blood stains
Police said Rodrigues, a Brazilian, could not explain how she spent nearly 10 hours inside the residence without noticing that Gatti was already dead.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she did it, I hope the Brazilians don't extradite her, instead just hang her like a week after the trial is over so those PC feminists can't turn her into some victim of male domination or whatever and then get her out of jail, which would inevitably cause her to write a book about how bad he was.. making her millions richer, and leaving him spinning in his grave..

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
3countriesPlan said:
If she did it, I hope the Brazilians don't extradite her, instead just hang her like a week after the trial is over so those PC feminists can't turn her into some victim of male domination or whatever and then get her out of jail, which would inevitably cause her to write a book about how bad he was.. making her millions richer, and leaving him spinning in his grave..

Good point except there's no way she would be extradited back to N. America sense the crime happened in Brazil. The only way she would be extradited is if the crime happened in N America and she left the country. If she was smart, she would've done the deed in the US and then she would've basically gotten off scott free.