article : Why men are in trouble

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what's really fvcked up? It's that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

In other words, IT'S NEVER her fault. If you don't "man up" and get married, then you are a loser.

if you subscribe to some selfless sense of rightnessess, and get married, she falls out of love or gains weight or cheats on you, somehow, it's still your fault.
Again, I guess I don't understand this attitude. Who, exactly is "damning you?" You are a loser to whom? Who specifically says it's your fault?

Maybe I'm missing out but do people stop you in the street or stick their heads in your car window to complain that you're a loser or that it's all your fault? Or is it some nebulous "society" that's doing all the damning?

I just don't get it. Who really gives a fork what "society" or some random author thinks? I mean if people were jeering you and throwing beer cans as you walked down the street, then I could understand, but it doesn't appear that this is happening.

Please enlighten me. How's does this author's--or anyone's--opinion matter in the slightest bit as to how you live your life?

EDIT: Keep in mind too that the author of the post is none other than William Bennett, one of the most religious conservative people in the country.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Again, I guess I don't understand this attitude. Who, exactly is "damning you?" You are a loser to whom? Who specifically says it's your fault?

Maybe I'm missing out but do people stop you in the street or stick their heads in your car window to complain that you're a loser or that it's all your fault? Or is it some nebulous "society" that's doing all the damning?

I just don't get it. Who really gives a fork what "society" or some random author thinks? I mean if people were jeering you and throwing beer cans as you walked down the street, then I could understand, but it doesn't appear that this is happening.

Please enlighten me. How's does this author's--or anyone's--opinion matter in the slightest bit as to how you live your life?
you are missing the point.

you aren't really a loser, as long as you don't go around trying to make everyone else happy, especially women.

I'm not saying dont' do **** for women, i do things for my wife all the time, and will continue to do so. But I do so because i want to, not be
cause I felt it is what society is telling me to do or because that's what i feel i have to do.

what i am saying is, when someone tells you should do this or you have to do that, you can bet for sure, it's always in someone's interest for you to do that thing and never your own. You might get some benefits out of it, but it's not for your benefit.

If you want to get married, get married. if you don't want to get married, don't get married. if you want to sit at home and play video games, by all means do so. Do what makes you happy, not what someone else thinks should make you happy.

did you actually understand what you are saying?

the avg guy, has no clue what he actually wants out of life. The guy who unquestionably goes off to college and racks up college debt with no idea what he wants to be when he leaves college? "Well everyone says i should go to college"

The guy who leaves college and meets a girl somewhere and dates her for a year and then proposes at the age of 24 "well everyone else is getting married, it seemed like the right thing to do"

the guy who wanted to be a musician and is a musician but put it on the backburner as he got older "well everyone says i need to buckle down and get serious about life"

doing what other people want you to do will make you miserable and when they are done with you they wll leave you and find the next sap. I am, if anything, my own person.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my wife and i had a very interesting conversation over the weekend.

we were in lexington friday and saturday for the keeneland fall meet, which we do every year. There was a man there, Kenneth Ramsey, who had a great weekend as an owner, won a couple of grade 1 races, and another grade 2 race, all in a span of 2 days, that's just unheard of. even better, I am pretty sure he actually bred all of them which again, is unheard of. Even more undheard of, he owns the sire that they bred to (kittens joy). just win all around. It's the type of weekend you dream of as an aspiring horse owner.

so, we are sitting there at keeneland, and he gets in the winners circle after winning the Darley Alcibiades with Stephanies Kitten, he gets in the winners circle, with his wife, whose health is failing. she has had kemo for a while and has to be taken around in a wheelchair. she can't go to all the places he can go to, and sometimes he skips races to be by her side when things get real bad. What i am getting at is, he loves that woman. Ken Ramsey is loaded to the point where he pisses off what i have in my bank account at 1 sale, i'm pretty sure 8 figures. But even more interesting, him and his wife started the business, real estate and i want to say something to do with cell phones, that let them be millionares. THEY started the business. Meaning, when she met ken ramsey he was not the man financially he is today and she loved him anyway.

Ken ramsey doesn't come from money, hell he used to work on the backstretch of race tracks as a kid hotwalking horses. he worked his way up in life, now they are living life the way they want.

I say all that to setup the conversation we had. She (my wife) was so moved by them, and ther eally are nice people, country as all get out, but nice people who love the sport of horse racing. So, we have these quasi-debates/hypothetical questions all the time.. she asks me, "when is the last time you seen a multi millionaire or multi billionaire, meet his wife before he was rich?"

****, i don't know. That's a damn good question. I get uncomfortable talking about what i am worth but for the purpose of this conversation i have to, and while it's not a hell of alot, lwith the money i make on a yearly basis, the house i own, and the money i still have in savings it's comfortably over 1 million (depending on what you appraise the house for it's right at 2 million), and i did not met her until years after i sold my first company.'

but before i met her, i had amber. I was very much in love with amber. She was black, looked great, was very funny, very playful, loved to have sex, and while she had her faults, i had even loved to love her faults. I had no qualms about her being my sarah ramsey in life (ken ramseys wife).

However, when Amber, found out that i wasn't "done" and that i planned on using the money i had made, to basically fund other ventures and not go all stuntastic, not go on shopping sprees and ****, not have 5 Mercedes in the drive way, her attitude towards me started to change, and within months of me seeing my company she cheated on me. lol she had basically spend all my money in her head.

to this day I still don't have any hard feelings towards amber, amber is amber lol. But i bring that up to say, WOMEN are in trouble.

women, will cry as far as the day is long, about wanting a man that is successful, ambitious, hard working, dedicated, but when she finds one, she is to ignorant to realize what she has, and lets him go. Amber would be living it up right now had she stayed faithful, and the last time i checked in with her, about a year ago to say happy birthday, she just got out of a relationship and she's working at whole foods.

Would my now wife, had she seen me at 20 years old, saw the qualities in me now then, and looked past the lack of materialistic things? I don't know, i would like to think so. She says she would have, as long as I "looked presentable" lol, but we will never know. And my wife knows, to the T what i have planed to do with my money in the near future, but would she be so willing to jump on board if i didn't already have a comfortable nest egg?

it's like you have 2 types of men. The men who want "it" now and the men who want "it" later. I fall into the later crowd. I was willing to wait to get mine because i like a higher quality class of women. I knew i could always throw on some clothes and start talking to women, but not only would i not be achieving what i want to achieve deep in my heart, i would be settling for women that i don't consider my level.

It shouldn't have to be like that. A non materialistic, non partying, hard working man who is focused on things, who isn't going to splurge money, is like the plague to women today.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Where are the decent single men?" There is a maturity deficit among men out there, and men are falling behind.

Where are we?
Not dating the women who read, write, or comment about this drivel.

I was falling behind in my 20's.
In my 30's, I realized I could live by my own standards without worrying about social standards and not worrying about falling prey to shaming tactics.

Yes, I own an Xbox 360, but I spend the majority of my time doing other things. I'm in the best shape of my life, going back to school, switching careers, and I'm sure at some point some bitter, single 38 year old woman will ask me when I am going to "grow up" or "man up".

I already did.
Just by my standards, not hers.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a little research myself tonight, CNN, and I came up with this statistic: 32%. This is the percentage of All women out there who don't play games, enjoy sex in the normal evolutionary/reproductive sense, that are actively seeking relationships with men who are either IN a relationship or are actively seeking relationships themselves (you see, even THESE 32% who are "normal" sexually don't care if the object of their desire, the man, is married or "taken" or not, they will fvck him regardless). So all we guys have to fvck on any given night is 32% of women wanting to fvck. Why the odds are stacked against us guys in ever finding a long-term mate or wife is for this reason. It's like trying to cram 68 extra d!cks into 32 willing and able pvssies already occupied (on a scale of 100 men and 100 women facing each other; 68 of the women standing there say, "NO" to all 100 men standing there, whereas 32 women say, "YES" to all of the 100 men standing there). THIS IS FACT folks. I ain't makin this up.