Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Marriage rates are up, and divorce rates are down, new data shows

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps this is a backlash against the hedonism of the day. It's common for young people to rebel against the prior generation. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened in as positive a way as I have been hoping for.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk, I think men getting married these days are just getting duped and will soon regret that decision.

I know that's a negative view of things, I just don't see marriage as a winning move for men - in any scenario. If the government got out of marriage, it'd be different.
Marriage is for the best interest of the children. There are some modest other perks.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is for the best interest of the children.
Both parents can be in the home without being married.

I'd argue that both parties having the open option to leave when they are unhappy is far better than one party being incentivized to leave, one being coerced to stay, and both being unhappy.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is for the best interest of the children. There are some modest other perks.
The biggest perk of marriage comes from the more devout religious communities. Devout practitioners of religion don't believe in pre-marital sex. The 'no pre-marital sex' crowd tends to get married earlier in life, typically before ages 22-23. This is why 'Ring by Spring' is still a thing at Christian colleges like Baylor University and Liberty University. Most people getting married now do not practice the whole 'no pre-marital sex' thing.

For the less devoutly religious and non-practitioners of religion, there are some social status perks from marriage and tax benefits involved.

Many years ago (late 2010s), I asked one of my male friends why he bothered to marry his girlfriend. They had already been a long term couple and were living together by the time he proposed. He could have kept living with her for multiple years if he wanted to do that. He told me that the reason for the marriage was for the sake of the future children and giving them a more stable household. The stable household idea is a facade as most marriages end up failing before the first born child turns 18. That male friend now has a child and was mentioned in the post below complaining about his post-baby sex life.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...arts-having-babies.275901/page-4#post-3039347

I'd argue that both parties having the open option to leave when they are unhappy is far better than one party being incentivized to leave, one being coerced to stay, and both being unhappy.
Very few women are motivated to stay in their marriages. Most people don't take their marital vows seriously. California introduced no fault divorce in 1970 and most states in the USA had no fault divorce as a law by the end of the 1970s.

All that marriage does is delay the inevitable as no one is coerced to stay due to no fault divorce. The presence of marriage tends to extend the zombie phase of a relationship. People tend to stay in LTRs that are marriages than non-marital LTRs because of the greater level of commitment that a marriage represents. Ultimately the relationships fail, they just fail somewhat more slowly.

NoBiscuits

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did everyone both forget covid lockdowns happened and not check the link?

2020 was low for marriages, and 2022 was higher than 2020. Yes. Couples put off their weddings until after covid settled down. The rates then went back to what they previously were.

Nothing else changed in the culture except that.

Guys. Look, it's in the link. The answer is right there. o_O You just needed to spend 12 seconds on it. Why are we making theories about career women and education statistics? Literally nothing changed.

Screenshot from 2024-03-23 21-06-55.png