Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Jack Sprat’s Wife

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
An entertaining read:

The whole piece boils down to this:

“As the image of Jack suggests, my husband is very disciplined. His only addiction is to regimens. He does not drink. He is very good at streaks: 956 consecutive Duolingo sessions, as many daily pages on a writing project, 25 miles on the bike at least three times a week. He never misses, and he needs no encouragement from anyone to keep at it, least of all me. He high-fives himself at the end of each day, stoked by his own willpower.

I am, relatively, a libertine and slacker, addicted to resolutions, to the forgiveness offered by each new morning, like the ones after the last pour at the dinner party I should have politely refused. I worry about this, as I worry about my weight, as I worry about my productivity, but I tend to freestyle the solutions to such problems. I go easy on the wine, cut out bread (or use the half-slice trick), pound out some pages. Then there’s inevitably a lapse, a heady release from my self-imposed restrictions that I have come to understand as how I experience pleasure. Guilty, maybe, but deep—an afternoon sipping vermentino and dishing with a friend, a hunk of warm ciabatta dipped in oil.”

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An entertaining read:

The whole piece boils down to this:

“As the image of Jack suggests, my husband is very disciplined. His only addiction is to regimens. He does not drink. He is very good at streaks: 956 consecutive Duolingo sessions, as many daily pages on a writing project, 25 miles on the bike at least three times a week. He never misses, and he needs no encouragement from anyone to keep at it, least of all me. He high-fives himself at the end of each day, stoked by his own willpower.

I am, relatively, a libertine and slacker, addicted to resolutions, to the forgiveness offered by each new morning, like the ones after the last pour at the dinner party I should have politely refused. I worry about this, as I worry about my weight, as I worry about my productivity, but I tend to freestyle the solutions to such problems. I go easy on the wine, cut out bread (or use the half-slice trick), pound out some pages. Then there’s inevitably a lapse, a heady release from my self-imposed restrictions that I have come to understand as how I experience pleasure. Guilty, maybe, but deep—an afternoon sipping vermentino and dishing with a friend, a hunk of warm ciabatta dipped in oil.”
Indeed.