Arrggh Online dating BS.. SOS

snackwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh I signed up for a Plenty of Fish account a month ago and I've had zero success, nothing even resembling success. Most of my messages to profiles get no response, sometimes I get some emails back and forth, a couple times I even get a number. With one girl who I was chatting with for about a month, she acts like she wants to meet, but in the end she ends up being a flake.

Argggh! Is this what I get for trying to meet chicks online because its supposedly the easier softer way? Is it just me or is online dating so slow its comatose/not worth it? Really guys my game is so weak I cant even get a single meet with a chick... do I really reek of that much desperation? I need to snap out of this because it is starting to distress me. Master DJs, I need some guidance here otherwise I'm going to be intimate with my hand for the rest of the summer. F*ck! And please dont tell me to "spin some more plates," you're talking to a beginner here, for somebody who getting a plate moving in the first place is an accomplishment...

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Online dating does not work. At all.

Stop before you waste too much time on it.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snackwitch, a lot if not most of the women on such dating sites are there because they feed of the attention they get from guys. The only ones that are truly there for dating are the fatties because they are hopeless. If you see any girl that is remotely cute and she has been there for at least a week you know it would be a miracle if she hasn't been sent like a dozen messages already from drooling guys.

They are all a bunch of attention hors.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online dating does work, you just need to know how to approach them sanely and not sleazily. Act as if it was offline. Save the personal questions for the date.

If you want to pick up women on that site, get her msn or AIM contact. That's the next step to getting closer to meeting her.

If you really want to date online, try Myspace and Facebook.

GrimPhallic

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only site I online date from is www.hotornot.com. I paid for a yr subscription just for fun, and have met two chicks already who were both hot actually. This site rocks for dating. I stick to bars and concerts though, those for me are the easiest place to hook up.

Austin

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Aw, PUH-LEASE!

Online dating sicks donkey balls!

Don't do it. Use real life encounters!

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
not worth it man. stick to normal approaches.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is like no help at all....I am on Plentyoffish too. I also am getting no luck.
Someone here had a point that many of the girls on there are just on there to get an ego boost. They are not concerned with serious dating....Many of the girls that are on there are not worth it anyways.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember that the only thing that matters with online dating is how you look, or more specifically, your picture. It might seem like "nobody hooks up" from POF, but that is just not true. If you want to hook up with tons of girls from dating sites, you have to be hot. That is all there is to it. So, if you are not very attractive, don't waste your time online.

Take a risk and ask a real live girl out on a date...

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done some extensive research with online dating, just send me a pm and I'll tell you what to do based on your personal situation.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PM? why not just share it with the rest of us ?

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, online dating is pretty much forcing the woman into the role of the man... meaning, she'll base her whole decision on looks... guys who are extemely attractive will get 90% of the attention...

i AM NOT extremely attractive....

There IS some things you can do, but man... it takes so much work... I live in a college town that becomes void of hot women when school is out... 2 summers ago - i decided to try out myspace pickup (similar to POF but the women get a lot less random guy messages so it's slightly easier).... through 2 months of work... probably 300 hours+ spent on myspace trying everything under ther sun... in the end: i hooked up with a few, but was it worth it? hell no! put me in a bar for 300 hours and i can have the worse game in the world, and will still accidently fall on more pvssy than that!

You have a much higher chance of gaming on myspace/facebook than anywhere... the way i did it was use a program to add women... and just mass add girls (not even caring about looks)... i had about 6000 friends by the end of the summer... all women.... then post interesting bulletins that get peoples attention and get them to interact with you.... i'd post a bulletin, and withint a hour have 10-15 responses... then i'd weed out the ugly girls i didn't want to talk to, and talk to the ones who i was attracted to...

again - not worth it... but i believe social networking sites are better than dating sites for pickup online...

Last edited:

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting....

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am absolutely down on online dating sites - but I am very open to online NETWORKING sites, which connect people that have something in common, are much better. They don't have the desperation factor that out-and-out dating sites do.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
I am absolutely down on online dating sites - but I am very open to online NETWORKING sites, which connect people that have something in common, are much better. They don't have the desperation factor that out-and-out dating sites do.
What are some examples?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
PM? why not just share it with the rest of us ?
Well never mind someone basically said it already. Your results will be determined by your apperance (Clothing style, body, face,teeth,hair,nose, ethnicity, height,etc) and how good each of those things are. Your location is also very important for the type of results you'll get. The better the apperance stuff is the less volume you'll have to send out to get results, and obviously with a lower apperance gonna have to send out some serious volume to get a result if any. Any how op if you give me a link to your profile I'll get you the best results your apperance/location will get you.

Online dating is also a supplmental kind of thing. No reason not to be on free sites like POF you may get some new plates from it. But it doesn't replace a social life, friends, going out, living life.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
dude don't sweat the small stuff.

online dating is just the lazy man's way out

it is possible and in some cases fun (I do it also) but you have to remember that online is a completely different game than real life. not only is it not nearly as personal, but it also is much much harder ironically

you might not have to grab as much balls and talk to chicks face to face, but because of that you face a much much larger rejection rate. Unless you know how to make a good profile then you are doomed to fail

your first messages are also important. not only do chicks get a ton a day (even not hot ones) but they all say pretty much the same thing

"hey, wats up?"

"You look hot, wanna chat?"
"hey what's up wanna chat?"

catch my drift? those messages don't portray value in the least, nor are original at all. no personality in it wat so ever. they don't even really warrant a response. who's gonna wanna respond to something like that? what fun convo or connection can you get from that?

It helps if you notice atleast some from their profile, and sound like you have some life in you. tease her about something. make a joke about her profile.

but don't over think it. remember, these chicks get tons of messages a day. don't waste time trying to make the perfect message, just be you and have some fun with it.

I'm not gonna tell you what to say, that's up to you and your personality.

what type of messages are you sending to these girls?

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score

it is possible and in some cases fun (I do it also) but you have to remember that online is a completely different game than real life. not only is it not nearly as personal, but it also is much much harder ironically

you might not have to grab as much balls and talk to chicks face to face, but because of that you face a much much larger rejection rate. Unless you know how to make a good profile then you are doomed to fail

your first messages are also important. not only do chicks get a ton a day (even not hot ones) but they all say pretty much the same thing

"hey, wats up?"

"You look hot, wanna chat?"
"hey what's up wanna chat?"

catch my drift? those messages portray value in the least, nor are original at all. no personality in it wat so ever. they don't even really warrant a response. who's gonna wanna respond to something like that? what fun convo or connection can you get from that?

It helps if you notice atleast some from their profile, and sound like you have some life in you. tease her about something. make a joke about her profile.

but don't over think it. remember, these chicks get tons of messages a day. don't waste time trying to make the perfect message, just be you and have some fun with it.

I'm not gonna tell you what to say, that's up to you and your personality.

Just remember. keep at it. the player who faces rejection the most also gets laid the most

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
What are some examples?
Of those sites?

Hm...Facebook of course...but also traveler sites, websites for local groups that meet on a regular basis, cultural sites etc. etc. It really depends on what you're into. Generally the internet is good only for the first contact or the 'way in'; after that you actually have to get out of the house.

snackwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Raikojo17 said:

In my case, yes I agree. I think I was using online dating as a crutch when I should be out there and getting some real results. Thanks for your input guys, I think I'm going to use online stuff as a supplement (at most) for non-digital approaches.