Are You RAW?

Are you RAW?

• I <b>ALWAYS</b> use wraps, belts or straps when I lift.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you use straps/wraps/belt?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, used the wrong version of the html code. You get the idea.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Used to use gloves. They are nice, but once you forget them it sucks major ass to lift those 80-100lbs dumbells. Now I am raw.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never used gloves, I don't see the point actually. Protect your hands? Eh, I'll deal with the calluses or whatever they are.

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like my callouses, the barbells/dumbells keep em smooth. I dunno they are just little patches of tougher skin. Plus I have a second job where I have to carry hot stuff and it's nice to have tougher hands.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see so many skinny guys using gloves for barbell curls. They just love to keep their hands soft.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm helpless without my gloves and a manta ray.

with gloves i don't have to worry about sweat making my grip slippery and i don't have to worry about thin or jaggy textured bars that cause me discomfort (you will always get calouses gloves or no gloves).

A manta ray because i got soft skin so the bar cuts into my back, but it doesn't make anything easier just comfortable and I believe the more comfortable you are working out the better your results will be.

I don't believe in straps or belts though

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like having a sweaty grip, it keeps things exciting.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always wear gloves when I work out. I prefer to keep my blisters to a minimum. I also prefer to use straps when I DL.

I guess that means that I'm not RAW...

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm considering getting gloves and a belt. The belt just makes things easier when deadlifting I find, and the gloves for pullups/DB rows. It's not my grip that gives in, it's the pain my hands are in... I don't really mind the callouses, it's just the pain hinders my performance.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it makes things easier. Which means your core is less involved. Thats why I feel the deadlift is such a great exercise, because it involves your core so much. A belt, to me, takes that aspect out of it.

Cuzza, how is your grip? I don't mean the strength, but how do you grip the bar? On DB Rows, and Pullups, I feel absolutely no pain in my hands...

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use straps for deads above 285lbs right now, so I guess thats not RAW... Though I frequently dont cook my eggs, so I guess I eat them RAW...

This is too confusing.

IM RAW YEAH! TESTOSTERONE!!!! KNOCKING FOOLS OUT! BANGING CHICKS WITH NO RUBBER!

OOOHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! I SERVE IT RAAAAAAW!!!

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer deadlifting with a belt, I'd rather just do a seperate core exercise and feel better when doing deads.

Erm I vary the grips, sometimes both over sometimes one under and one over. Arms slightly wider than legs...

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
IM RAW YEAH! TESTOSTERONE!!!! KNOCKING FOOLS OUT! BANGING CHICKS WITH NO RUBBER!

OOOHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! I SERVE IT RAAAAAAW!!!
HAHAHA

Trojan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to think using gloves were kinda gay but I had to start using them because when I started lifting heavier weight I'd get a pinch nerve feeling in my hand right were the bar lays, and also when I did tri pulldowns(universal machine). Now that I'm finally benching 315lbs I don't know how guys do it without wearing gloves. My friends give me flack for using them but they don't life heavy either. Besides girls used to complain when I had rough hands.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lotion helps the rough hands. Or if you're not afraid to go a little metrosexual (by wearing gloves to keep your hands soft, thats what you're doing) then a Paraffin dip or whatever it is. I'm thinkin about starting to do one like once a month or something. I heard they leave you soft as f*ck.

And i used to have the pinching feeling, but I started adjusting my hands and movin em around before I got my full grip on there. I haven't had any problems.

I mean hell, I deadlift 365, and don't get that pinching feeling.