Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are there lots of marriage-minded guys?

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty curious because I'm pushing 40 and never had any desire to hitch myself to one woman "forever."

To the guys that either are married or want to be married, a question, or a few:

Have you always wanted to be married?
If not, was there a woman who changed your mind?
Did you want a "legacy" via children and conclude that a wife was the way to achieve this?
Other?

Thanks. I find the concept fascinating. I simply can't imagine the feeling of wanting to settle down with one woman. But then sometimes I feel like I'm missing out. I'm curious as to how other men got the urge to do so.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm convinced.......Zarky = a Woman.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I simply can't imagine the feeling of wanting to settle down with one woman.

I've done it several times. The first two years are great, then they turn into fat b!tches who hate me.

Outlaw_

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL @Bible_Belt.

I'm not married, never been, and was a straight playa until about 5 years ago when I settled down into a 4 year relationship. That changed my entire perspective on the marriage thing. We couldn't work it out, but there is a certain level of connection that you get with that one person that other people can't fulfill. No matter how much pvssy I get, there is still an empty feeling.

Now that I'm out of that, I'm back to my old ways, but it feels empty bro. I know the bro code, but we can't be robots for the rest of our lives.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Howiestern said:
I'm convinced.......Zarky = a Woman.
Not just any old woman but one who has repeatedly stated she:

* hates traditional gender roles

* hates traditional marriage

* loves tall women with short hair(and comfy shoes if you get my meaning)

* hates men who play video games

* hates "rednecks" ( aka white hetero men )

* hates Christians ( aka white hetero men)

* hates fox news ( aka you guessed it )

* drones on about polygamy

* a devout sh1tlib

* hates the manosphere

* hates the MRM with a passion

Can you guess which type of woman?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not always wanted to be married.

My current gf "changed" my mind; but by that I mean I do not feel like by being monogamous with her I am missing out on any pvssy or bigger better deal. She is the BEST. For me.

I could care less about "legacy", and to be honest neither does anyone else. We'll all be mostly forgotten within 20 years of our passing. Legacy is a car made by Subaru and a romantic concept in the Game of Thrones books.

I can appreciate kids, butI am not interested in children, and the fallacy that they will take care of you into old age is, well, a fallacy. There are so many compelling reasons not to have children that it just blows my mind sometimes why people keep reproducing with abandon.

logicallefty

Reaction score
There once was a man named Lefty...

Who thought that marriage was Zesty...

At 23 he married one fine Lady...

And even had a nice little Baby..

Then things happened three months later..

Lefty's wife said "see ya alligator".

To divorce court they went, and the marriage was sent, down the sh|tter with last night's potater....

But to marriage Lefty didn't say Goodbye..

Five years later he gave another Try...

Married a woman he met online, thought all was fine, until problems came along that were biggest...

For this woman, she was a bigamist..

She had two other husbands in two other states and thus was not his legal mate...

So Lefty had that marriage annulled, and came close to completely deb@lled.

From this day on Lefty learned from this song that marriage for a man is just WRONG..

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
I could care less about "legacy", and to be honest neither does anyone else.
Uh... I think it depends on the nature of your legacy. I'm investing a lot of effort into things that may come to complete fruition beyond my lifetime ...but would sure guarantee easy living for my descendants.

She and I have considered marriage and kids. I'm not down with marriage, unless there is a clear financial advantage. And there may be, after she completes the buy-in. She has invest to match my half before I risk giving her half. Beyond that, I just don't need the government's license and regulation of my personal decisions.

Kids? Well, the world is overpopulated with ƒuckwits. We aren't sure we want to subject our offspring to such an environment. But the legacy...

On the fence. We aren't at a place where either is "necessary". But, they are possibilities, especially considering that "shared guest stars" in the bedroom is an option.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
Kids? Well, the world is overpopulated with ƒuckwits. We aren't sure we want to subject our offspring to such an environment. But the legacy...
The world has always been full of f*ckwits. By someone such as yourself NOT having children, you're contributing to the problem. You are giving the world over to those f*ckwits. Every child you have and train properly, is an arrow in your quiver towards the enemy, or so the Bible says. We are all concerned about muslims/terrorists/liberals or whatever taking over, well, we need to raise more children and teach them to fight that sh*t.

I guess, just like anything else, you have to find the line between ideals and reality. But I do know one thing.....if we ever expect to change anything, in any argument.....you'll need numbers. The only way you can help that is by having kids and teaching them your principles.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been married for 8 years now; we've been together for hmmm....almost 13? I admit I was a bit saddened seeing the loss of the married man forum here, but it's not my website and I also realize there aren't very many active members here who are married. The ones who aren't, who make up the majority, also don't seem to have any desire to get married. My main reason for signing up here was to try and emphasize to some folks that just because you get married, happily even, doesn't mean your game gets put on the back burner as I've found out.

That's ok. It's your life to do with as you wish.

I believe that when I was pretty young, as in maybe 10, I wanted to be married one day. I think this mainly stemmed from knowing I'd get to feel her up whenever I wanted...didn't quite understand everything about sex that young but that was the main attraction for me back then.

I had a good number of years of being AFC, as I suspect this is the same for most guys. Seems to me very few have the natural alpha tendencies which are taught here.

So aside from getting some, why did I want to be married? I suppose it's because that's what I was raised around. My parents are still married after 50 years, my grandparents had over 50 years too, practically all of my family has stayed married. No it's not all rainbows, unicorns and BJs from HB10s everyday but at my core I think subconsciously I wanted children too but just didn't want to openly admit it.

Now that I have kids, it really saddens me a lot to see so many families these days that are split up and the children grow up in a house primarily with one parent or the other. The kids are usually the biggest losers when a marriage fails (assuming one of the parents isn't being abusive) and I do not want my children ending up in a situation like that so I make my marriage a priority with my wife. I have told her what I expect out of her in terms of career, "wifely duties", parenting, etc. Right now probably the one sticking point I have with her is her inconsistent exercise schedule because she has a couple of problem areas around her stomach that she needs to work on, but other than that, that's it. I'd rate her probably HB6 on an average day, but if she gets herself made up pretty well and dresses nicely, I'd say HB7. Did I settle?

Well, I've thought about that before. Should I have had sex with at least 10 more women before settling down with her? Why not 20? 30? Would one of those women have been.....what? "Better" than my current wife? Better in what way? She gives one extra blow job per day than I get now? Gives it up more often? Is a nympho? Makes more money? Whatever you can think of, at some point, to me it just starts getting a bit absurd. The additional sexual partners with more women is interesting to me because I, like most everyone else, enjoy sex just as much as the next person. I've wondered if maybe I should have had more women....but I've also weighed that against my own personal philosophy of trying to maintain proper control of my life which is to resist outside influences which detract from that. Detraction from it decreases the happiness in my life.

So control of my life, to me, means that I wanted to remove any sort of addictions or unnecessary influences. We all need food, water, clothing, shelter and some kind of income to survive. Sex, yes I need that too...but how much? Think about that for a moment while I continue.

I began slowly about 12 years ago. I removed caffeine from all traces of my diet which primarily consisted of drinks like Dr. pepper. The last time I had an actual soft drink was maybe 3 years ago which was a Sprite and I couldn't finish it because I tasted terrible to me. I only drink water and occasionally I'll have a lemonade or various fruit juices. I have never smoked in my life. Yep, I've never even taken a drag off a cigarette; it never interested me. Why would I want to start actively needing to buy something that adds no value to my life yet costs me money every time I use it? I don't drink except on social occasions or with certain courses for dinner. Again, most people drink alcohol for all sorts of reasons but in my experience people drink socially because of 1) peer pressure and 2) nervousness and/or stress. If I'm around a women I want to get to know or want to get in her pants, I want to be in control of all my faculties and not have to stoop down to relying upon alcohol to give that typical drunken appearance that so many people expect these days and then chalk up to "the liquor talking" if something goes wrong. If a woman refuses, I move on. If not, then I know it was me responsible for making this happen and not some stupid liquor. Besides you might find it interesting how unnerved some people can be if they've been drinking yet you're smooth talking them completely sober, staring in their eyes so intensely that she's getting wet just looking at you and at the same time realizes you're not drunk at all. The amount of power that gives you over the situation is almost immeasurable. And of course I don't do any kind of narcotics not because they're mostly illegal in the U.S. but because they cost money and they fall in the same category that I outlined above with tobacco.

Am I happily married? Yes. Has it been easy? Hell no. Probably the first 5 years were the most difficult thus far because you're thinking in the back of your mind "just get a divorce and move on" because we think that since we're used to nexting someone who starts flaking or whatever. I try to make sure I'm also doing things a man should be doing which means not sitting behind a computer all the dam time, making major repairs to our home and vehicles without calling a repairman for every little thing, actually building things with my own two hands, actively keeping myself in shape and setting goals for MYSELF. Not anyone else, including my wife, not for my employer or anything. Only me. As an example of a goal I've already achieved, I have multiple fallback plans in case my current career goes bust and one of them is turn to vocational trades. I have my HVAC refrigeration and state contractor's license so I can actually work right now as a tech in this field. I don't currently, but I can. That's the point. Several years ago I actually got off my a$$, educated myself, took the tests and got what I needed. I bought the necessary tools, set up business accounts at supply houses and guess what...now I don't have to call out an a/c guy when my stuff breaks.

My next goal is, within 2 years, I'll own either this

or this

I haven't been racing in over 20 years, but I want to get back in, take my time getting readjusted and I want to have fun. I want to compete with other racers and see how good I am and push myself to be better. One of those two beauties above will be the reward to myself for accomplishing that goal.

Back to the 'how much sex' question though. That too, after some time debating and thinking about, also started to fall more into 'control' category. I could either let my desire/need for sex control me, or I could control it is basically what it boiled down to in my personal philosophy for living. After that, stuff fell into place and I don't worry about it so much.

logicallefty

Reaction score
You are right BetterCallSaul, the breakdown of marriage is very sad, but it's reality.

My first wife left me when our daughter was just a few months old. I remember telling her "When daughter grows up and starts asking questions, I am going to defer to you for all of the answers. I'm not going to sugar coat anything or dance around the facts of what happened. YOU left ME, YOU split our family, not me".

Fast forward 11 years, my 11yo daughter is openly p!$$ed at her mother now and not afraid to say "mom, you were really stupid to leave my dad". She has put her mother in tears and her mother has even admitted "yeah I was immature back then".

Our daughter also wants to live with me full time and only see her mother every other weekend. She hates her step dad's guts, fights with him everyday, calls me every other day to tell me how much of a d!ck he is. The good news is that me and her mother get along great and never have disputes really. She has been about the best ex wife one could ask for really. Not hard for her to do when I compare her to my ex bigamist piece of trash wh0re I "married" later.

In short, it is what it is. Our generation does not operate the same as previous ones. Divorce and split families are our hard reality.

IMO women split more families than men do. I read somewhere that 2/3 of divorces are initiated by women. Is anyone surprised?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
In short, it is what it is. Our generation does not operate the same as previous ones. Divorce and split families are our hard reality.
True, it may be reality, but I will go down calling out the selfish adult parents for what they are. Kudos to you for making the best of your situation, but since I've had my own kids, my priorities changed. If you choose to divorce and rob your kids of a normal two-parent household, do not date again - at least around them. No step-parents and no step-brothers/sisters. That's my rule.

logicallefty said:
IMO women split more families than men do. I read somewhere that 2/3 of divorces are initiated by women. Is anyone surprised?
No doubt about this. That's why this site exists....entitled feministas, considered with only themselves and FEELZING HAPPY

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
The world has always been full of f*ckwits. By someone such as yourself NOT having children, you're contributing to the problem.
"Full of" and "overpopulated by" is the critical issue. "Full of" is a problem; sure, they've been around. But overpopulation is the current problem. I can't fix ƒuckwits, but I can influence overpopulation -- in many intelligent ways, actually, but not having kids seems like the least sociopathic.

The overpopulation votes, the overpopulation consumes, the overpopulation is addicted to fossil fuels, the overpopulation has wars, the overpopulation needs food, and the overpopulation migrates. Short of a world war or pandemic, there isn't much that will bring the numbers down. It's not like we have natural predators to look out for. And what will convince ƒuckwits like octo-mom of their errors? Having 8 kids and no dad is her god-given right!
Great. Eight more prison residents for productive citizens to subsidize.

And when you really look at the variety of issues in the world, they boil down to overpopulation being the cause.

That's the angle, speed dawg. There's no telling what brand of mayhem lies just around the corner caused by overpopulation's problems now, much less 20 years from now when my kids are looking for a non-ƒuckwit to pair with. It takes two, and, it's tough to find non-fu¢kwits already.

So, I should have kids out of some obligation to the species? Psshff... how about "the species" kick down some crowd-sourced funding then, huh?

No doubt, we'd get married and provide a stable environment and such, but, we need a different brand of stability than what we have now. I certainly see your point, though, and it's keeping us on the fence (instead of ruling it out completely). Who knows, her clock has time, it's not something to rush into. As goals are reached, I'll have better options and may take up that hobby eventually.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on what you mean by "marriage-minded". If you mean signing a legal contract that binds two people together, then no, I'm not marriage-minded. If you mean having a decent woman to procreate with and have a family, then yes. However, the amount of unbelievably 5hitty women out there make it quite difficult and nearly impossible to actually achieve this goal. You've gotta weed out a lot of 5hit, hence the need to have game and the ability to keep your emotions out of your decision-making.

Will I ever live with a woman again? Maybe, maybe not. Right now I have my life planned out for ME. If I end up with a woman who absolutely proves her worth, I'll have no problem moving some stuff around in my life, but you'll bet that there's going to be a pre-nup.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF she's nice,hot, looks out for MY interests, AND signs a B1tch of a pre-nup. I'll do it again. Just haven't found an AMERICAN woman who is all that.... much less get her to sign the pre-nup :)

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, all things being equal, I do have the desire to see my genes continue on. A good marriage allows for that, as well as a steady supply of sex.

My current MO is to only seriously date women that are fertile, and to marry one if she doesn't sump me, and I don't see the personality disorders that I seem to have seen in most of my serious girlfriends in my past. If I ended up getting divorced, but without any children, I would consider myself in the same state as not ever been married. If I do have children and then get divorced, I really couldn't see myself getting married after that, as I would have my child, and any marriage after that could complicate things; in that case, I would support my child financially, and even the ex-wife in her role of "governess". I would then become a swinging bachelor again, dating single mommies with the excuse that I gave marriage a shot and that out relationship is strictly casual. Perhaps if I get on in years, I may want to marry someone to be my caretaker; who knows?

(Now, I should say that I will only marry an Eastern European woman, and since she would not have any American income, it would actually be in my best interest to be married to get a lower tax bill.)

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
I would then become a swinging bachelor again, dating single mommies with the excuse that I gave marriage a shot and that out relationship is strictly casual.
It's much easier said than done. The single moms I've dated are just as fvcked up, if not moreso than the childless women. Also, I've found that women with multiple children are extremely unavailable.

As a single dad, I've had much better luck dating childless women.