Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anywhere to meet women online besides dating sites?

henrymiller50

Don Juan
Reaction score
Literally asking for a friend. He is in a relationship (living together but wants out at some point). In the meantime, he wants to meet quality women (older: like 35 and older) for friendship somewhere online (he doesn't get out much). He doesn't know where to go but online dating sites that require a picture. He doesn't want to post a picture anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? Are there chat rooms anymore? Discussion threads? I have no idea and don't know what to tell him.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of woman are you looking for? Where does that type hang out online?

For example, if you like the studious/bookish types, you could check out Goodreads, where readers post reviews of books they read and discuss them in groups.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He doesn't want to post a picture anywhere.
Tell him to get over it and use Hinge or Seeking. The latter is probably best if he wants to avoid the possibility of his GFs friends seeing him. But if he wants out, then just get out already, why does he need to do it in secret?

The only viable place to meet women consistently is in communities like churches, sports clubs, social groups, etc. If he wants to do it online he's going to have to use photos. There are no "chat rooms" or anything like that to meet women. I did meet up with a girl from Reddit but that was pure chance and not something you can expect to happen. Hinge or Seeking (or maybe IG) are the best way to go.

henrymiller50

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell him to get over it and use Hinge or Seeking. The latter is probably best if he wants to avoid the possibility of his GFs friends seeing him. But if he wants out, then just get out already, why does he need to do it in secret?

The only viable place to meet women consistently is in communities like churches, sports clubs, social groups, etc. If he wants to do it online he's going to have to use photos. There are no "chat rooms" or anything like that to meet women. I did meet up with a girl from Reddit but that was pure chance and not something you can expect to happen. Hinge or Seeking (or maybe IG) are the best way to go.
What is "seeking"? Is that an app? Is that the full name? I've never heard of it.

ManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
There used to be a book called "Go Where The Fish Aren't". It talked about meeting women in other places other than dating websites (online).

So Forums, chat groups, Facebook Groups seem like the best options. However I am sure there are many more. Women will probably want a photo

Men and woman groups like: cooking, fitness, photography, DIY projects, Book clubs, music

I don't have any experience with this myself.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Literally asking for a friend. He is in a relationship (living together but wants out at some point). In the meantime, he wants to meet quality women (older: like 35 and older) for friendship somewhere online (he doesn't get out much). He doesn't know where to go but online dating sites that require a picture. He doesn't want to post a picture anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? Are there chat rooms anymore? Discussion threads? I have no idea and don't know what to tell him.
Whole Foods. No, I'm not kidding

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whole Foods.
Whole Foods is a decent grocery store for approaching. Some Whole Foods locations will be better than others for this. Some Whole Foods are suburban, married MILFs. If a Whole Foods is closer to a neighborhood that is mainly unmarried people, then it would be a lot of bougie 25-40 year old never married, childless women.

I have done approaches at multiple grocery store chains. Whole Foods hasn't resulted in the most dates for me personally (another chain has produced the most dates for me) but I can see how it would work. Picking up women at Whole Foods used to be talked about more online like 5-12 years ago as compared to now.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Even better is Trader Joes or Target.

Whole Foods has an older demographic.
Let's also add here that one's mindset is vital. If a fella walks into a venue for the express purpose of snagging an easy piece of a-s, he'll either come across desperate and unattractive, or end up with something from the bottom of the barrel

It's much healthier to go about your day, doing things which enrich your existence, while viewing the acquisition of high-quality women as a perk

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's also add here that one's mindset is vital. If a fella walks into a venue for the express purpose of snagging an easy piece of a-s, he'll either come across desperate and unattractive, or end up with something from the bottom of the barrel

It's much healthier to go about your day, doing things which enrich your existence, while viewing the acquisition of high-quality women as a perk
Ofc, there's nothing more ridiculous than purposely going to a particular place just to talk to women. Trader Joe's is overrated af though Target is pretty decent actually.

Last edited: