Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here have issues with water?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don’t have a thirst response. Unless I tell myself to drink water, if I let up, after a few days I end up bed bound pretty much, depressed, foggy headed and I have to chug water for a few days to get balance back.

The medical community have this arrogant view of “you’re either medically dehydrated or your being a drama queen” kind of thing but I find there is a huge difference between optimal hydration and non medically dehydrated. For a start, I get weak boners when I’m really dry. I am most certainly depressed. Yet, I never get the urge to drink it. Once I do, my stomach kind of “feels” it and I get a rush of “that’s what I need” type feeling - it feels good. My throat doesn’t get dry, so I never feel thirsty

anyone else know what I mean?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nope, I drink throughout the day usually. Sometimes I might have an issue where I stop drinking too early in the day, say like 4pm or something, but overall I stay well hydrated.

Not being hydrated properly is one of the worst things you can do if you are trying to lose fat, it literally stunts your bodies ability to do so.

You need to make it a priority that you drink at least half your weight in pounds in ounces of a water per day. And add in another 8 ounces of you are sweating a lot that day and another 8 ounces if you are taking creatine since it sucks water out of your system.

Or to put it in metric terms, drink 29.57 milliliters per KG of bodyweight.

Last edited:

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drinking water is a sunshine policy. No one dislikes the idea, so it's "safe" to advocate for it.

Water mostly helps with under the hood bodily functions like digesting probiotics faster, as water is used up in the aqueous digestion reaction. You also get water from food (because it's not dehydrated).

It's so basic and straightforward that those cheering on "drink more water" might as well advocate for people brushing their teeth and showering.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
There is such a thing as naturemia if you drink too much H2O you flush out electrolytes, so don’t go overboard my dudes.

I drink a fair amount of water, it helps me feel at my best. You may also consider getting some pedialyte hydration packs and adding at least to one water bottle you drink a day to make sure you have a decent level of electrolytes- they are key to body function.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There is such a thing as naturemia if you drink too much H2O you flush out electrolytes, so don’t go overboard my dudes.

I drink a fair amount of water, it helps me feel at my best. You may also consider getting some pedialyte hydration packs and adding at least to one water bottle you drink a day to make sure you have a decent level of electrolytes- they are key to body function.
You'd have to drink a LOT of water for that to happen...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You'd have to drink a LOT of water for that to happen...
The feeling of malaise is very often due to unhealthy electrolyte levels, this is a recognized rule in medicine. Happens more often than everyone realizes, like its taught in medicine.

Ingesting an excessive amount of water can lead to a condition known as water intoxication or hyponatremia, where sodium levels in the blood become dangerously diluted. For an average adult, hyponatremia generally occurs when more than about 3 to 4 liters of water are consumed within a few hours. However, the exact amount can vary significantly depending on individual factors such as body weight, overall health, kidney function, and the rate of water consumption.

The kidneys can typically excrete about 0.8 to 1.0 liters of fluid per hour. Consuming water well beyond this rate can overwhelm the kidneys' capacity to excrete water, leading to an increased risk of diluting the blood's electrolyte balance. It’s important to note that maintaining a balance in water intake, especially during intense physical activity or in hot weather, is crucial to prevent both dehydration and overhydration.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The feeling of malaise is very often due to unhealthy electrolyte levels, this is a recognized rule in medicine. Happens more often than everyone realizes, like its taught in medicine.

Ingesting an excessive amount of water can lead to a condition known as water intoxication or hyponatremia, where sodium levels in the blood become dangerously diluted. For an average adult, hyponatremia generally occurs when more than about 3 to 4 liters of water are consumed within a few hours. However, the exact amount can vary significantly depending on individual factors such as body weight, overall health, kidney function, and the rate of water consumption.

The kidneys can typically excrete about 0.8 to 1.0 liters of fluid per hour. Consuming water well beyond this rate can overwhelm the kidneys' capacity to excrete water, leading to an increased risk of diluting the blood's electrolyte balance. It’s important to note that maintaining a balance in water intake, especially during intense physical activity or in hot weather, is crucial to prevent both dehydration and overhydration.
That's why there is a saying that you should salt your water not your food...

Most people aren't drinking water at those levels by itself and the average American diet sees them consume 2-3x more sodium than they should be so that would get replenished pretty quickly.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink water all day long. You need it for every single function in your entire body. Alone, water can change your mood. That is how important water is.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That's why there is a saying that you should salt your water not your food...

Most people aren't drinking water at those levels by itself and the average American diet sees them consume 2-3x more sodium than they should be so that would get replenished pretty quickly.
For the record it’s not just sodium that’s scavenged when this occurs: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride, and sulphur among other less important ones…

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink 4-5 liters of water per day, but I have a kidney and diabetes condition.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone's tap water is different. I have to keep bottled water or else I don't drink enough. If I have to drink it, I prefer tap water as black coffee over ice.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I have a deeply entrenched grudge against water. None of the million plus people I've shoved into a swimming pool has drowned to death. Thus I now stick to plowing through pedestrians at crosswalks

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record it’s not just sodium that’s scavenged when this occurs: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride, and sulphur among other less important ones…
Take ultima twice a day

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The issue with this conversation is that fit people are going to use quite a bit more water than unfit people and everybody is different in their fitness.

Fit people tend to sweat all the time, not just when doing exercise and their habits are probably going to be harder for unfit people to follow because the consumption level just isn't the same.

The other piece a lot of people don't speak on is Reverse Osmosis and the stripping of mineral content from your water which will eventually lead to health issues.

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink water with dry Propel powder added to it. It gives me some electrolytes from the Propel, and tastes great!

Theoneaboveall

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don’t have a thirst response. Unless I tell myself to drink water, if I let up, after a few days I end up bed bound pretty much, depressed, foggy headed and I have to chug water for a few days to get balance back.

The medical community have this arrogant view of “you’re either medically dehydrated or your being a drama queen” kind of thing but I find there is a huge difference between optimal hydration and non medically dehydrated. For a start, I get weak boners when I’m really dry. I am most certainly depressed. Yet, I never get the urge to drink it. Once I do, my stomach kind of “feels” it and I get a rush of “that’s what I need” type feeling - it feels good. My throat doesn’t get dry, so I never feel thirsty

anyone else know what I mean?
The amount of water you need to drink depends on your gene pool and where you spent your growing years also. There no set amount of water someone needs to drink,just make sure your urine is light yellow; mild yellow or dark yellow means you are dehydrated,and fully transparent(looks like pure water) means you are over hydrated. Also,a lot of medication may also change electrolyte level to make you feel weird,so,do you take insulin or salbutamol by any chance?