Any Japanese learners here? + JLPT

HayashiST

Don Juan
Reaction score
n2 2021 12.png
Just passed JLPT N2 on the first try. One more step closer to moving to Japan and getting JP pucci.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very nice! I'm C1 in a difficult Eastern European language (I'm not going to say which, as it's a bit of a power level) I can't imagine how difficult it was mastering the language. I'd like to tackle Mandarin and then Japanese after I obtain sufficient fluency in Spanish. Language learning really is fun if you try to approach it as more of a game than an obstacle.

I'd love to hear about the strange encounters you have there, it'd be a nice story for someone like myself who has western point of view.

Also, I don't think there's many people out there willing to dedicate the time to learning a language such as Japanese, it requires a lot of discipline and has it's own unique challenges, many people today are discouraged when faced with any sort of adversity and simply give up. Learning the language and being able to communicate is really it's own reward. Even if I don't fully understand or if I'm slightly incoherent in my ramblings.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Years ago, I'd have recommended listening to Pizzacato 5 ...

but I think this is more in keeping with the times ...

HayashiST

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interested in this for my nephew. Who adminsters this test?
It's done by the Japanese themselves.
Highest is N1, lowest is N5.
Higher levels N1 and 2 are usually taken if you want to work in Japan or study there. Japanese companies overseas usually also take N3 minimal as an requirement.

JLPT official site