Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any DJs been diagnosed w/ BIPOLAR disorder?

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been a multitude of threads of us fellows dogging women who suffer w/ Bipolar disorder...But what happens when you suffer? My question: Who has ever been diagnosed with this; how did it affect your life before and after treatment; what were the things you did that made you recognize need for help; what treatment did you receive?

With that said, I have had a lot $hit happen last several years. My mood for a long while is just simply all over the place, high a$$ sex drive, manic unable to sleep and extreme agitation w/ anger and feeling I am better than you and mind all over the place. Then of course I experience depression and remorse for my treatment of others. I seem to hurt those close to me.

Now, I have appointment w/ shrink to see what the hell is the matter w/ me, but I exhibited basically almost all the classic symptoms. Work a grave yard shift $hit job I absolutely loathe and do not sleep properly as well.

Usually this forum is used by me for the DJ side, but I came today to speak to fellow Djs about this. Of course ashamed, embarrassed comes to mind. Shed some light as I am tired of destroying relationships, but more importantly
me. Thanks guys!

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny coming across this thread. I was just thinking about this today.

I was diagnosed with bipolar two years ago. Manic-Depression. Right now im on abilify 2 mg. Saved my life.

Before treatment: Always angry, bitter, paranoid, VERY hard headed, stressed, very depressed or on a "natural high", fights all the time. Also hit rock bottom and got a DWI.

After treatment: Calmer, more rational, more open minded, control my emotions alot better, happy, a lot more motivated in life.

I thought the same thing at first, but its nothing to be ashamed about bro. Some people have chemical imbalances some dont. Now you just have to get it taken care of. Believe me, in the end you'll thank yourself you did.

To me, the key to life is balance. And medication is the first step for someone whos bipolar(And some people just in general)

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crissco said:
Funny coming across this thread. I was just thinking about this today.

I was diagnosed with bipolar two years ago. Manic-Depression. Right now im on abilify 2 mg. Saved my life.

Before treatment: Always angry, bitter, paranoid, VERY hard headed, stressed, very depressed or on a "natural high", fights all the time. Also hit rock bottom and got a DWI.

After treatment: Calmer, more rational, more open minded, control my emotions alot better, happy, a lot more motivated in life.

I thought the same thing at first, but its nothing to be ashamed about bro. Some people have chemical imbalances some dont. Now you just have to get it taken care of. Believe me, in the end you'll thank yourself you did.

To me, the key to life is balance. And medication is the first step for someone whos bipolar(And some people just in general)
Thanks for the response as I know all too well of the symptoms you had. Does Abilify affect your sex drive at all? In the past, I have taken depression meds of the SSRI. They killed my drive and I gained weight. Exactly why I quit taking them. Chances are in the past, I have been improperly diagnosed with depression instead of Bipolar. Heard that happens quite a lot! Relax??? What is that? I have no clue how to relax! Irritable as hell and very easy to anger. I can rip you to shreds one minute and the next minute be remorseful and sad. Nothing like feeling you are outside your skin all of the time!!

I now consider if this is truly what I have, and I do believe it is, it may have ruined my career life early on as I am pretty smart guy... My concentration has been horrible although smart. I will go as far as saying I want to see what normal feels like it! Again, thanks!

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt affect my sex drive one bit. Nor my appetite..

Im the same, im more on the depressive side then manic side. Im able to fight through most **** with abilify, its helps the depression more then anything else ive ever been on.

And bro, everything u said you hit the nail on the head, im the exact same way its scary. Give abilify a shot, you have nothing to loose. You can even get it prescribed from your regular doctor.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe I'm a little on the bipolar side too. Never had a diagnosis, but still I believe that I exhibit some symptoms of it. Thought about going to a psychiatrist or something, but I almost want to handle it myself. Most of the time, when I get in shape, my attitude goes up with it.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
I believe I'm a little on the bipolar side too. Never had a diagnosis, but still I believe that I exhibit some symptoms of it. Thought about going to a psychiatrist or something, but I almost want to handle it myself. Most of the time, when I get in shape, my attitude goes up with it.
I thought same as you, handle it myself. I have had so much, I simply caputulate now! If I don't handle it, it will handle me. I have three of my exes tell me same thing..which means i have a problem. This thing can destroy you and people around you. In manic phase, I have done some really bizarre $hit... things I would say out of character for me. Whwhen urge hits you, it us hard to control. Also I honestly feel if I get whatever I have going on straight, and my mind/ me relaxed, I will be more successful.