Am I over-reacting?

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Live in a fourth floor condo. Cute 22 year old russian girl owns two condos on my floor, one almost right across from me. Get out of the elevator today as she just walking by to her place that is near mine.

Me: "Hey"
Her: "Hey! How are you?"
Me: "Good how are you?"
Her: "Good! Great weather we are having."
Me: (walking behind her) "Yes, its a good day for a run."
Her: (at her door) "Sorry?"
Me: (at my door) "I said it's a good day for a run."
Her: "I already went to the gym."
Me: (kind of confused) "Oh nice"

and then I went inside and so did she.

Can someone tell where in that conversation I asked the girl out or hinted I wanted to sleep her? Granted I do, but I don't know where in that conversation I made her think she is desirable. Her response to my "It's a good day for a run" is totally illogical and one thing I can't stand is girls who flatter themselves.

She should have responded

"Yes it is."
"Yes, I might go later"
"No it isn't"

but not "I already went to the gym." How does that relate to what I said? Well I already ran 5 blocks before I saw you but I still think its a nice day for a run. And I didn't say we should go for a run togther, I just made a blanket statement and you respond like I want to sleep with you in 5 seconds.

Maybe I'm over-reacting but again, I can't stand girls who flatter themselves when you try to have a conversation. Not every guy wants to sleep with you.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably thought you were insinuating you wanted her to go running with her. So, she told you she already went to them gym. Also, body language says a lot more than words do. She probably could tell you were eager.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds to me like she was adding to the conversation.. you mentioned you were gonna go for a run and she said she went to the gym.. and then you ended the convo. I think you're over reacting. If she's russian.. then her speaking might have a few flaws FYI.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking about the weather huh?
That sounds like SUCH an interesting topic!
Be interesting.
The weather is not interesting.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The weather is always interesting in my town.

Corona

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe her english is, how you say, is much ungood?

Or she thinks you were trying to take her out, and was defending.

Who knows, who cares?

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Talking about the weather huh?
That sounds like SUCH an interesting topic!
Be interesting.
The weather is not interesting.
She brought it up, not me.

Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Live in a fourth floor condo. Cute 22 year old russian girl owns two condos on my floor, one almost right across from me. Get out of the elevator today as she just walking by to her place that is near mine.

Me: "Hey"
Her: "Hey! How are you?"
Me: "Good how are you?"
Her: "Good! Great weather we are having."
Me: (walking behind her) "Yes, its a good day for a run."
Her: (at her door) "Sorry?"
Me: (at my door) "I said it's a good day for a run."
Me: (kind of confused) "Oh nice"

and then I went inside and so did she.

Can someone tell where in that conversation I asked the girl out or hinted I wanted to sleep her? Granted I do, but I don't know where in that conversation I made her think she is desirable. Her response to my "It's a good day for a run" is totally illogical and one thing I can't stand is girls who flatter themselves.

She should have responded

"Yes it is."
"Yes, I might go later"
"No it isn't"

but not "I already went to the gym." How does that relate to what I said? Well I already ran 5 blocks before I saw you but I still think its a nice day for a run. And I didn't say we should go for a run togther, I just made a blanket statement and you respond like I want to sleep with you in 5 seconds.

Maybe I'm over-reacting but again, I can't stand girls who flatter themselves when you try to have a conversation. Not every guy wants to sleep with you.
Yes...yes you are over-reacting to a point that I don't even get where you are coming from.

I am like wtf???? Who in their right mind...neva mind..

Ok here is how you need to handle yourself like a man next time.

Look at the convo above.

You got nerdy and wiereded out by thinking she SHOULD respond a certain way.

You took this response:

And got wierd with it. You could of instead of getting left brained asked her what did she train that day as in leg's or upper body. Then it could of lead to asking her how long she has been working out...what she likes the most...what is her favorite exercises...do you think you can show me some good things to do next time...and then boom...there you go.

So use your head instead of doing this wierd freak out thing you did bro.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheRealSupreme said:
Yes...yes you are over-reacting to a point that I don't even get where you are coming from.

I am like wtf???? Who in their right mind...neva mind..

Ok here is how you need to handle yourself like a man next time.

Look at the convo above.

You got nerdy and wiereded out by thinking she SHOULD respond a certain way.

You took this response:

And got wierd with it. You could of instead of getting left brained asked her what did she train that day as in leg's or upper body. Then it could of lead to asking her how long she has been working out...what she likes the most...what is her favorite exercises...do you think you can show me some good things to do next time...and then boom...there you go.

So use your head instead of doing this wierd freak out thing you did bro.
Dude, you are completely completely missing the point. You are giving me advice on how to respond to what she said. I'm saying what she said didn't even make sense to my comment. Yes, I could easily followed up on hips, thighs, legs, arms, head, whatever. But I shouldn't have had to. She flattered herself beyond belief. Read again what she said to my comment:

Her: Great weather we are having
Me: Yes, it's a good day for a run
Her: I already went to the gym

I didn't say I want to run with you
I didn't say lets go run together
I didn't say lets go exercise together
I didn't ask if you had already got exercise today
I didn't ask for a date
I didn't ask for a kiss
I didn't say lets sleep together

How does what she said make sense to what I said? It is 100% illogical for her to say "I went to the gym" after I said "it's a good day for a run" and that's why I got weirded out. I don't care she went to the gym. I just ran 10 miles before I said that and I did not want to go running with her. Why did she flatter herself by responding that way? I want to call her on it.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez, how do you normally get through your day interracting with women if you overreact this much to some random chick having a brain fart moment? Stop trying to call women on their BS or having the last words in.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she thought you were asking her to go for a run. You should have made fun of her for thinking that.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's very likely she was presupposing. But I think you're taking this too hard and personal. At worst she was rebuffing you pre-emptively, but even if so you don't want to take it too hard. just forget about her. On the other hand, sometimes it's just a woman being coy and difficult and you can successfully plow through it.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will call her on it the next time I see her. It may be petty but I have to put her in her place.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was just a basic conversation. What is there to over re-act about? If she was more interested she would of said other things to keep the convo rolling. Or you could of tried to keep the convo going yourself and got her number.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
That was just a basic conversation. What is there to over re-act about?

Her response to my statement was ILLOGICAL. If your boss asked what the distance is between Los Angeles and San Francisco and you said 3 billion miles, your response would be ILLOGICAL and he would think you were extremely dumb and would maybe fire you on the spot.

Analogy 1:

HB: That is a nice frozen pond
DJ: Yes it's a nice day to go skating on it
HB: I already went sking today.

Analogy 2:

HB: That's a great night club
DJ: Yes I hear they give free drinks
HB: I already had a slurpee

Analogy 3:

HB: That is a great Italian restuarant
DJ: I hear they have great pizza
HB: I already ate

Try using the above logic when your boss asks you a question, see how far you get in the company.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're just figuring out that women are illogical? :crackup:

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do not call her out on it. that would not be the DJ thing to do. the DJ thing to do is not make a big deal about, because if you do you will ruin any chance of being with this chick. just act like it never happened.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the answer to the title.

YES!

If you're asking, then yes, you are overreacting!