.22lr underrated caliber due to availability

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to the range soon. I went to grab some ammo at Walmart and they were out of 9mm and .380. They had plenty of shotgun ammo and .22lr. If a nationwide crises happens I believe that 9mm will go first. It will probably be the most difficult caliber to find because federal agencies use it. I just got a .380 for my potential EDC but I am rethinking this decision. I think I will just get proficient with .22lr.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to the range soon. I went to grab some ammo at Walmart and they were out of 9mm and .380. They had plenty of shotgun ammo and .22lr. If a nationwide crises happens I believe that 9mm will go first. It will probably be the most difficult caliber to find because federal agencies use it. I just got a .380 for my potential EDC but I am rethinking this decision. I think I will just get proficient with .22lr.
Hi Pandora,
Take your point about .22LR,but having seen what happens to a Hog shot at 70 Yards with a 12 guage Solid Ball,I would have chosen differently.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pandora,
Take your point about .22LR,but having seen what happens to a Hog shot at 70 Yards with a 12 guage Solid Ball,I would have chosen differently.
Ok interesting. I have shunned away from practicing with shotguns because I am afraid of the recoil ( i havr fired them a couple times before). I should probably start practicing with them again. I have heard good things about them.

Maybe I wont use 12 gauge at first. Maybe I can start with .410 guage.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok interesting. I have shunned away from practicing with shotguns because I am afraid of the recoil ( i havr fired them a couple times before). I should probably start practicing with them again. I have heard good things about them.

Hey Pandora,
Well to overcome your ambivalence,why not buy an over and under Derringer .22 LR on top and .410 under?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pandora,
And then again"Bella Twin was a calm, quiet, clear-headed Cree Grandmother walking her trap line. May 10, 1957, killed a massive grizzly bear with her Cooey Ace #1 . 22,An old single shot tied together with fencing wire.That was near Slave Lake, Alberta, and the bear Twin killed turned out to be a world record that stood for a good long time".

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

Get a chote.

P.s.
.22, .45, 12ga 00 04 08, and .308 all you’ll ever need…

.45 fmj and 00 buck will drop a Kodiak.