15 Year Old Girl Kicked and Stomped in the Head

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw this on the news last night and felt bad for the girl. One thing I've learned is never mess with kids who have lost a loved one. When I was growing up I've seen a few kids get jumped for school yard taunting by surviving family members of a deceased relative.

Not saying what he did was right or justified and I hope this kids does get tried as an adult.

http://www.justnews.com/news/22868624/detail.html

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did they remove the part about her taunting him about his deceased brother?

I see it mentioned in the comments but not in the article.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Did they remove the part about her taunting him about his deceased brother?

I see it mentioned in the comments but not in the article.
I read the whole thing and didn't see any clear motive for the beating. Why would they remove that? (Except to make this whole thing look senseless, which crime almost never is.)

Actually, I'm surprised in the comments no one has asked for a clear motive. The best the story offers is that "they exchanged txt messages" and then the beating happened. But that's not enough for a motive.

I'm glad you know why this happened otherwise I'd be in the dark. God, reporters suck at their jobs.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
. God, reporters suck at their jobs.
Maybe. If you consider a reporters job to convey facts devoid of any implied commentary, irrespective of the financial benefit of the particular news organization, then your statement is correct.

On the other hand, it makes a better "story" to have some girl brutally beaten without any apparent motive, and be in the hospital hanging on for dear life, and to paint the assailant as some psycho. It pulls the heart strings, and gets more comments, views, and ad clicks.

If they highlighted any thing the girl did (not that anything deserves a coma inducing beating) it would make the situation seem less like a senseless tragedy, and more like your every day run of the mill violence.

Not that I condone everyday run of the mill violence, it just seems that recently people are getting more and more de sensitized to it, so anything a "reporter" can do (e.g. leave out vital info) to make the "story" seem more compelling, the better.

And in this particular case, they can always claim they left out that bit of info out of respect for the victim.

All that being said, I hope the two who did this (the kid and the 13 y/o) get what's coming to them (whatever that may be), and the girl fully recovers.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd need to know the other half of what happened to fairly comment.