Zippo Lighters ?

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
So me and my friend was talking about zippo lighters and he showed me his, so i proceeded to play with the lighter and i dont hear the special zippo click people talk alot about.

wellll anyway i liked the style and thought of a zippo so i ordered myself one for lighting up my cigarettes, cooler than a regular disposable lighter ;)
i cant seem to get it to produce that special zippo 'ping' everytime i open it, only sometimes.

btw i just got a normal plain brass zippo.
why is this?
any zippo fans here?

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes St. dupoint lighters are just.. divine!
I always wanted one, the ping is just to die for, but i can't afford the chances of losing one!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get the fake one...Some places have the audacity to charge upwards of $80 for it. I would'nt pay more than $15 for it.

Xx1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always lose my lighters... I'll stick to the tiny BIC lighters

btw i just got a normal plain brass zippo.
How much did you get it for?

They were giving them away for free in bars/clubs in my town. I came back to them 5 times in the same night and got 5 lighters lol I was drunk

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Get the fake one...Some places have the audacity to charge upwards of $80 for it. I would'nt pay more than $15 for it.
don't even the fake ones need a special fluid to refill? it's like 5 bucks each :|

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Xx1 said:
I always lose my lighters... I'll stick to the tiny BIC lighters

How much did you get it for?

They were giving them away for free in bars/clubs in my town. I came back to them 5 times in the same night and got 5 lighters lol I was drunk
Hahaha really? That's pretty cool man, does all the zippos make that ping sound every time you flip it open? Just wanna know if i'm the only one~

*edit sorry for double post, i don't know how to do multiple quotes in one reply..

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't always make a ping everytime you open them. It just depends how/how fast you open the lid. Don't worry about it :) Pull the tank out, look at the engravings. You can use that to tell if it's real. If you got a zippo guarantee with it when you bought it - it's surely real.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zippos just don't always ping. Nothing wrong with it, just how it happens. For that matter they're not "wind-proof" either. I just prefer them because they have more personality than a disposable and they make cigarettes taste better (personal opinion).

I'd recommend against the cheaper butane lighters (the dupont knock-offs). Believe me I've been through enough of those pieces of junk to know. They'll work great until you go to refill them the first time. Then it's a hit-or-miss affair if they even work at all.....goodbye $10+ dollars. I buy cheap jet-lighters from walmart for 1.99 to light my cigars with when I don't have matches at hand.

There's also so many cool tricks you can learn with zippos!

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That St. Dupont lighter is annoying as hell, would you want to sit by someone at a bar pinging that damn thing all night?