Youth wasted on the young

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't directed at the seasoned veterans here, you guys know what you're doing. This is for the young 20 somethings who are lurking or posting. I'm not on here much right now, but I saw something that had me running back to my computer.

As noted, I work at a university (no, I'm not a prof) ... we have a Starbucks in one building. So I'm sitting there reading a newspaper and drinking my coffee when this gal goes walking by me pretty quick. She sits next to this guy on the couch. This is her boyfriend. Now she's fairly hot, but heck, most gals in college are pretty darn fine and they really look nice when you're my age.

But I digress ... She starts railing on him, criticizing him rather loudly in this not very big Starbucks. She's blasting him for calling his buddies, apparently, to get a take on their relationship or something. He's saying that didn't happen, that's not true, blah, blah, blah ... I was too upset to see yet another young AFC being developed to listen to the details of their conversation.

OK, this guy was handsome, fairly tall, probably could be an athlete or something. Most certainly should have ZERO problems in the ladies area of his life. Yet this so-so gal -- who was getting worse by the minute with her b-tching -- was owning him. She storms off, he follows her. As he passed me, he glanced down, I gave him a look saying, "Why, my brother?"

He not only has better fish to fry, he has MANY fish to fry as in playing out his female options at the prime of his life.

And one of the reasons this set me off was because this sh-t happened to me in college. I had a gal publicly embarrass me and I took it. Why? Because I was AFC and this guy today was AFC. I wish I was as quick as Karma Sutra, who would step in and coach this young man, but I'm not that quick.

So to the newbies and to cut off this too long of story: You're only 18-30 once, don't waste your time on one, or chase after one because you're getting some. And don't give up your dignity and pride, and most certainly put an immediate halt to getting landed on in public. None of it is worth it. Play the field, play your options -- please!

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always (well not always, but usually) hit the boards before I head out. I think of it as mental preparation, you know, get myself in state. It is posts like this one that I really enjoy and give me a nice little boost. A nugget to ponder is always welcomed. Everybody needs a little reminder every now and then. You don't want to wake up one day and realize that you wasted your twenties, arguably the best time of your life.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
You don't want to wake up one day and realize that you wasted your twenties, arguably the best time of your life.
Too late bro, lol. My 30s are going to be the best.

BipedGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
So right on, as all of us were once AFC's and at times still may be, life is way too short to even take one ounce of grief or bs from any female, hot or not, regardless of the relationship a lack of respect is completely unacceptable for even a moment, take it from us who have been on the receiving end of a females unwarranted rath...let her go fast and move on.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, once again, leave it to WEST to beat me to a thread topic.

For the past week & a half I've been in Holland and Belgium settling things for a new company to do our bottle printing. 2 Sundays ago I was on 3 different planes to get to Europe. The first and shortest was a quick trip from Orlando to Atlanta, about an hour flight and I don't do first class unless it's a long one. So I get on and head back to the wing exit seat since there's always better leg room. I happen to be the middle seat this time, which sucks, but hey, it's only an hour. I sit down and now I'm in between 2 guys who're a little younger than myself, maybe mid 30s.

The guy to my right is on his cell talking to a buddy of his. You can't help but eaves drop in a situation like this. He's going on emphatically about his GF/ExWife to him and how his trip to Orlando sucked because she was so disconnected fro him. I also gathered that he and she had a daughter together and he was on the receiving end of a paternity situation. He mentioned several times how his ex was distant and uncommunicative, she was young, etc. He went on with his friend right up until the flight began and he had to turn off the phone.

During almost the whole flight he poured through this "save your relationship" book, he had to have gotten from some marriage counsellor. The guy looked to me to be fairly good looking, maybe owned his own business, certainly dressed well, but in a comfortable, southern way. Yet here he was for an hour and 15 minute flight intensely studying this self-help book and taking copious notes for himself on how to better accommodate his ex and "make it work" with a woman who he'd just said minutes earlier is completely disconnected from him. The guy was totally absorbed in this sh!t the whole flight. How could he better identify with her to ensure he could be the great father to his daughter? This book MUST have the answer.

So down sits Rollo Tomassi, and watches this all unfold. I already know what his circumstance is, I already know his ex. It's so common they become archetypes, not stereotypes. Finally about 30 minutes in the stewardess hits us up for drinks. I have about a dozen drink tokes on me for frequent flyer miles and I get a beer. I also nudge this guy from his "homework" and say "looks like you're working hard, want a beer?" He looks at me with that defeated, beaten dog look and says, "no thanks, normally I would but,.." very politely.

This is the jump off to a conversation about what he's doing, why she's how she is, etc. but the flights short. He gets off in Atlanta, I'm off to Amsterdam. I gave him the URL for SoSuave and my user name, but who knows,..?

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
I been through this whole AFC thing once before and I promise myself I would not go back. There are way too many women out here. I never had a problem with meeting women, they are all over the place. I personal train PT and most of my clientale is women. I tell you I think most of their husbands names are mud the way these women talk about them. My friends come to me all the time about their situations and they listen but rarely ever take action.

They see the way I handle situations with women and they want the same. It takes pratice and loving yourself. I love myself so much that I refuse to let someone speak to me in a negative fashion. I stop them before they start and to be honest they like that sh$t anyway. I had this girl tell me once that she likes when I put her in place. These women out here give you more tests than any College.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the way I see it.

Most men spend their 20's bumbling around trying to find their way.

And that's fine, as long as they don't somehow manage to find themselves balls deep in a marriage or even worse with a few kids to boot.

I didn't spend much time in college, but I have the most expensive college degree in the world. The money I have lost over the past 10-15 years could have bought me a rockstar house and a Ferrarri.

I could look back on this and say, "Man, what was I thinking! If I was smarter I could have a big house and a Ferrarri right now!" But I can't. That was my tuition. I went through that experience to get to where I am now. I HAD to go through that experience to become the person that I am today. And I'm still paying my tuition.

The way I see it, it's the same with women. If you NEVER learn, that's one thing. But if you use your 20's to hone your skills and understanding of women and build a better life for your 30's, hey sometimes you HAVE to go through some BS to make yourself a better person.

At least men HAVE the luxury of using their 20's as a training period. Women don't have that luxury. Maybe that's why women are "naturals"?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
H

At least men HAVE the luxury of using their 20's as a training period. Women don't have that luxury. Maybe that's why women are "naturals"?
str8up, LOVE the perspective that all mistakes are merely the price associated with lessons learned. that is 100% the way to look at life.

there is no such thing as failure. Failure is merely the price you pay to learn how to do things the right way.

with regards to women being naturals. i think women are as far from naturals as there is. take unattractive women. they don't know how to DJ a man to save their life.

the reality is that women don't have to learn how to manipulate a man - ALL that matters is that they are able to attract a man (ie. p*ssy power). the manipulation tactics they implement on men who have been snared by their p*ssy power are no more complex or ingenious than the manipulation tactics that 10 year old kids use on their parents.

the moment a man loses any and all interest in f*cking a woman, that woman 99% of the time loses all possibility of controlling / manipulating him. women are naturals, in my opinion, only to the degree that they naturally have a p*ssy that men want to f*ck.

now, i will say that there are SOME women (not many though) who know how to treat a man. and these women are the closest thing there is to the DJ model, because using their behavior and personality they elevate their HB status beyond their physical rating. so these women when they land a man, while being an HB7 in looks, are seen by their man as hb9s - because they add so much positivity and enjoyment to his life ON TOP of their f*ckability factor.

whereas most women are total unnaturals. their behavior and personality actually LOWERS their hb rating once a guy gets to know them. so a chic might be an hb8, but after 6 months, her man is about as happy with her as if she were an hb4.