Your Posture says alot about Who You Are

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we've all heard it before. That the way you carry yourself speaks volumes as to the kind of person you are. If you slouch and have bad posture. IT appears that you lack confidence and strength. Whereas if you stand tall and maintain good posture, it portrays confidence and strength.

I have been concentrating more on walking with grace and confidence(keeping my head leveled and my shoulders aligned with my hips etc.) And I find that I get more positive attention by keeping my posture intack.

Whats your opinion on posture. To me, it seems very significant.

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And vice versa, if you make yourself feel confident your posture will naturally improve. They go hand in hand.

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I walk straight and have my shoulders thrown back, and with my head tilted upward a little bit.

Throwing my shoulders back also makes my pecs look bigger and my shoulders broader.

Try doing these things and soon you wil do them w/o having to think about them.

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This post is a revelation for me.

I tore my ankle ligament in a Volleyball competition 8 years ago. Some f*cker came under the net, and I landed on his foot. My ligament sounded like a wet towel was ripping. The tear was massive. It was so bad, the ligament released and went up close to my calf. I had to wear a cast for 8 months.

After they took my cast off, everything was out of wack -My posture, my walk, my muscles(atrophy).

Since my ankle still hurt, I walked with a limp. The funny thing is, as I got a little better, girls thought I was strutting.

A girl who was just a friend just came out to me and said," Trim, you must think your the sh*t, because every time I see you, you are strutting around like you are a fuggin' king."

I wasn't purposely strutting. I was trying to move as fast as I could without crying like a baby from the pain! Now you might think that I looked like a John Travolta-Jack-Ass! The thing is I probably did and I didn't care because I was hurtin'! But I got so much play guys. The strut advertises.

So here's the revelation. I'm 30 now. Well submerged into the business world. It wouldn't look quite right to strut into the office with my suit on now would it? So for the past few years, I have unconciously developed the business walk. Boring! Plus, how are women going to know I'm an available stud since I'm not physically advertising?

Just as 007 and Amlothi touched on. Emotion is created by motion. Therefore, if you strut about like your the baddest mufugga around, you are going to start feeling that way. How's that for a confidence booster.

Now, I'm going back to strutting. I want to advertise my goods. You should, too.

Synthesis

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's definitely a real trade-off at work here.

And I think it's also a good example of how "jerk" qualities work with women.

Having a certain posture and type of walk can attract women. But at the same time,
that walk/posture will make other males (strangers or people who know you) think you're pompous, and they might react accordingly to you.

Eg. they'll think you're competing with them, and they'll start to do little things to annoy you or prove their superiority. One guy now kisses his girlfriend whenever he sees me walking by him and her.

mattymcmatt

Don Juan
Reaction score
A great example of this is the movie Fight Club. Just watch it and compare Brad Pitt's posture to Edward Norton's. It's easy to tell who's the more confident character just from their posture.