Younger woman I met at bar tonight

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at a Jersey Shore bar for my monthly meetup.com meeting, which doesn't really have attractive women.

As I was going to the bar to get a drink, a cute 7 who looked young gave me a little smile as I walked by (I did not say anything). .

As I was walking back to my group we made eye contact again and she gave me another small grin. Right then and there I made a decision to say "Hey, how are you doing?" (3 second rule).

She was there for a speed dating event and said she was 28 and felt old since last time she did it most of the guys were early 20's.

I told her I was 47 and understood what she meant since when I did speed dating, the women were very young.

She seemed to slightly lose some interest as we were chatting.

We chatted for a about 3 minutes and then her less attractive friend (25 years old) came over and after a minute kind of pulled her friend away.

I didn't go for the number since it was awkward with the friend right there, but asked if she was on facebook and got her first and last name. I found her, but it is was under her first and middle name. I didn't send her a friend request, but I will.

Lessons learned:

Proud of myself for not hesitating and made a move. I learned all you have to do is just open your mouth, the more you think...the more you hesitate.

Probably should not have mentioned my age since maybe it came across as insecure?

Should of went for the number.

I am not that angry at myself, since 19 years is a big age difference. If she was 32 or 33, it would of been okay.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good effort, correct next time don't bring up your age. Make the connection before you tell her your age. Make her friend feel included too. Build on the conversation more next time.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't send her a friend request, but I will.
Don't be creepy. Why would you want to be Facebook friends?

You shouldn't tell her your age, because that seems like 'age' is on your mind. Always wait for them to ask you. If she's into older men, she won't care about your age, just that you're mature. If she cares about your age, she's not into older men.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be creepy. Why would you want to be Facebook friends?

You shouldn't tell her your age, because that seems like 'age' is on your mind. Always wait for them to ask you. If she's into older men, she won't care about your age, just that you're mature. If she cares about your age, she's not into older men.
Facebook friends and then I would hit her up on messenger. Nothing to lose at this point.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't go for the number since it was awkward with the friend right there, but asked if she was on facebook and got her first and last name. I found her, but it is was under her first and middle name. I didn't send her a friend request, but I will.
Facebook friends and then I would hit her up on messenger.
The move was to set a first date with her. Getting her phone number would be secondary after first date plans are made. Why concern yourself with her friend? Her friend isn't someone you would interact with frequently even if the interaction leads to something longer term.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook friends and then I would hit her up on messenger. Nothing to lose at this point.
You can always lose some dignity and self-respect.
This.
Only when you have low self-esteem and desperation will you engage with lukewarm mediocre women. And later you will regret that you didn't have the emotional self-control to withstand the 'temptation'.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This.
Only when you have low self-esteem and desperation will you engage with lukewarm mediocre women. And later you will regret that you didn't have the emotional self-control to withstand the 'temptation'.
Yeah, I have low self esteem... . A man with low self esteem wouldn't have even talked to the woman.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I was at a Jersey Shore bar for my monthly meetup.com meeting, which doesn't really have attractive women.

As I was going to the bar to get a drink, a cute 7 who looked young gave me a little smile as I walked by (I did not say anything). .

As I was walking back to my group we made eye contact again and she gave me another small grin. Right then and there I made a decision to say "Hey, how are you doing?" (3 second rule).

She was there for a speed dating event and said she was 28 and felt old since last time she did it most of the guys were early 20's.

I told her I was 47 and understood what she meant since when I did speed dating, the women were very young.

We chatted for a about 3 minutes and then her less attractive friend (25 years old) came over and after a minute kind of pulled her friend away.

Lessons learned:

Proud of myself for not hesitating and made a move. I learned all you have to do is just open your mouth, the more you think...the more you hesitate.

Probably should not have mentioned my age since maybe it came across as insecure?

I am not that angry at myself, since 19 years is a big age difference. If she was 32 or 33, it would of been okay.
Older guys and younger women pairing up (Both casually and long term)is going to become more and more common, as it takes us longer to become established than was the case for men in prior centuries

Don't sweat your age, or let it be a deterrent. If anything, you're at tye forefront of a seismic(And glorious)cultural shift

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Lessons learned:

I'd have gone for the digits; of course, I'd have been unsuccessful. :rolleyes:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have gone for the digits; of course, I'd have been unsuccessful. :rolleyes:
With a negative mindset you don't have much of a chance, no.

Don't talk negative about yourself, leave that to other people.