yo, some advice needed...

hopeful loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of, let's just say that I am a rAFC. The issue is, I've been a recovering rAFC for some 1.5 years now...

From an intellectual perspective I am fully aware of the dynamics of male/female relationships but I have not lived it enough. I've internalized this stuff only to the extent that I became a bit more outgoing around last october, landed a girlfriend, went with her several months (no sex) only for it to fizzle away without me carring.

At any rate, what I'm asking for is a plan of some sort to get me more out into the field...

Any advice for someone who's totally virginal and deathly afraid of cold approaches and such stuff?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I frequent a Tim Hortons. This particular girl there has seen me before (I make multiple trips per day), so since she's seen me around, and I am such a nice guy and ran off 9 coffees at the drive thru, she gave me a card to call in advance, and I decided to ask her her name.

That's really all you need to know, is to take your current situation and advance it. I could keep going, never saying more then 'thank you', but since I went out and found out her name (it's phonetically spelt Tab-if-tha, I'll just call her Tabby :p), I can carry on conversations, the what's up, how's your day.

And I'm not a outgoing guy :)

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey friend,

Just about all you can do is get out there and do it. Trust me I know your situation man, i (and im sure many others fiddling around sosuave) have been in the same if not a similar situation.

If you allready have a basic understanding of the dynamics of relationships, and know of the techniques this site and others like it has to offer...then pretty much all you need now is experience.

So heres your plan:

Step 1: Possibly, if you need it, brush up on your technique a little by reading over a couple articles or browsing over the DJ Bible.

Step 2: Get ready, throw on some nice clothes.

Step 3: Take a deep breath.

Step 4: GO OUT! Get out in the field right now!

I understand how it is, being afraid of cold-approaches. Trust me I had to change my pants after every cold-approach. But I eventually got used to it, caught the hang of it, and eventually became good at it...but I had to FORCE myself to do it.

Like I said in another post earlier, "Smack yourself, grab your boys, remind yourself what you are, and go"

Peace be with you man, Warped