Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't if my GF was serious or not

we had a phone call yesterday, and I let her know that I got her a minion

she then goes "Is that to try and stop me from breaking up with you?"

... I said "No" and she went "I'm only joking"

I don't know what to think.

The thing that's bothering me the most is that before she even "joked" about the breaking up part this happened:

Me " Do you want the 2 weeks of space? "

Her "Why? I've missed you"

Why would she say she 'missed' me, but then joke of a break up??:cuss:

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relax...girls, will tease you hard to see if you're a man that can take it. Don't show her you're not. Blow it off, and if she wants to break up, show her the door. Never be afraid of it.

Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Relax...girls, will tease you hard to see if you're a man that can take it. Don't show her you're not. Blow it off, and if she wants to break up, show her the door. Never be afraid of it.
See that's it! My GF and I always tease each other, because it's fun, because we get off to it, because it turns us both on - weird huh?

But the fact that we had an argument a week ago, that things are starting to clear up well and she drops this "break up" joke ... it's not too kind on the skin.

I won't bring it up and I definitely will let it blow over ... but it's just a bit of a low blow tbh.:nervous:

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah...females have a natural mean streak that can come out when you least expect it. Ask any divorced guy.

Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Oh yeah...females have a natural mean streak that can come out when you least expect it. Ask any divorced guy.
So, what I'm getting, is that I'm blowing this ****e out of proportion (as per usual :crackup: ) ...

I really need to teach myself not to over react like a chemistry experiment gone wrong - ****.

Any advice you can give to take our relationship back on track?

Thanks.

Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Never take a woman's words seriously.
The ' I'm joking ' part, or the ' Is this your way of stopping me breaking up with you '.

It'd be nice if you could be clearer :)

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Dodgypirate said:
Bro if she can rattle you with one sentence, what are you going to do when she really wants to make your head spin?

You took it seriously and now she knows how to push your buttons if she wants to get a reaction out of you.

You got to Agree and Amplify. :up:

Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trump said:
Bro if she can rattle you with one sentence, what are you going to do when she really wants to make your head spin?

You took it seriously and now she knows how to push your buttons if she wants to get a reaction out of you.

You got to Agree and Amplify. :up:

Yeah I realise now I should've brushed it off and joked with her ... kind of stupid, I know.

But it's just a joke, right?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never take a woman's words seriously.

Dodgypirate said:
It'd be nice if you could be clearer :)
Never take any of a woman's words seriously. Whether she's saying she loves you or she hates you, she's talking about her emotions. And those emotions change as easily as the wind changes directions.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes she was joking. Thick skin bro! Just a little sh*t test to see if you get all emotional.
An ex of mine, we would joke like this too. Well up until I dumped her, bad behavoir, too much drama etc.

Judge her by her actions & behavoir...not words.

Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
hockeyfreak79 said:
Yes she was joking. Thick skin bro! Just a little sh*t test to see if you get all emotional.
An ex of mine, we would joke like this too. Well up until I dumped her, bad behavoir, too much drama etc.

Judge her by her actions & behavoir...not words.

Aye sir ... I ****ed up, I over reacted. I didn't get emotional though, so don't worry about that.

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dodgypirate said:
"No babe, it's a goodbye present".

Snap! Gotta match wit with wit.

Dodgypirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thorninmyside said:
"No babe, it's a goodbye present".

Snap! Gotta match wit with wit.
Lol, that's the best response I've heard so far.

Yeah, I overreacted :/