WTF is a wine & cheese party??

Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl that I have been talking to a little, she has told me that she might be having a wine and cheese party, and if she has it she wants me to come. What is it?

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of beer, you have wine
Instead of chips you have cheese
Instead of tv and football, you have social chit chat and maybe elevated themes.

The purpose is the same:
To get stoned and hook up

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I come from, wine and cheese party means this-
Wine : Mad Dog 20/20
Cheese: Cheesey movies
nuff said

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A wine&cheese party is often a very intimate and friendly party were most often close friends and or partners meet up and drink wine and eat crackers with cheese.

I often have those with some of my friends when Im back home.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's for the high class. just bring a 12-pack and some tostitos.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Knicknack
it's for the high class. just bring a 12-pack and some tostitos.
Thats just stupid.... If a girl invites you to a wine&cheese party you dont fvcking do that. Etiquette is important.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok let me warn you all about what a wine & cheese party is really about.

My ex gf had these little get togethers with her friends and their boyfriends. It is basically a fake attempt at a high class social gathering where girls show off their AFC boyfriends and then talk behind everyone’s back at a later date.

Don't go unless you are prepared to show her off to your friends. If you do go every word you say will be discussed at a later date between them all. I found these gatherings to be totally fake. Everyone is thinking one thing but saying another. Oh and don’t forget some girls like to make a judgment calls on you by listening to their friend’s opinions of you. Most girls that do this are a little bit feminist and like to read stupid magazines. So make sure you are damn good with your social etiquette and don’t forget to give neg hits to all her friends. It is basically a bull**** event.

My girl friend dragged me to a few of these and then expected me do to the same with all my friends. I was like what they hell are you talking about? We don’t have wine and cheese parties. We drink beer and then talk about snatch. She couldn’t understand that I just wasn’t ready to let her meet my friends or my parents.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've thrown a dozen of these parties myself. so if i may, i will nominate myself as sosuave's resident wine expert :)

i wouldn't say it's "high class", i'd say it's "sophisticated". bascially, it's what grown ups do, although they are becoming more popular with the mid-twenties crowd. depends on the crowd though. i've been to W&C parties where they served jug wine.

The Wine Part
this is ususaly a "wine tasting" atmosphere. that is, people will bring wine (or it will be supplied) and ya'll taste it together. many times, there's a blind "voting" thing. if it's a "real" wine tasting party, the whites will be very limited. you should bring a bottle of the grape juice, even though it might not be expected.

if it's a paid and sponsored event, then the above doesn't apply.

pick up a bottle of 2000 Clos Du Val Cabernet Sauvignon. it'll set you back $25.00 and it's a winner (in my book). don't spend over $30.00! there's plenty of excellent wine for under this amount. don't u dare pick up a bottle of wine from your grocery store! it's all shyt.

if you want some other sure fire hits, i will oblige. but, get nothing later than a 2000.

go here, if you are interested,

http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Wine_Basics/0,1181,,00.html

The Cheese Part
yes, usually there is cheese--good cheese--because cheese goes well with wine. but there are other nicer things, crab legs, shrimp, patte, etc. again, it just depends. shyt, they might serve hot dogs and hamburgers--who knows.

The Snob Part
depends entirely on the crowd. one thing however, if you know nothing about wine, but show enthusiasm in learning about it, people will be very happy to teach you. definitely DO NOT pretend that you know about wine, if you don't!

it turns into a party like any other after the booze starts flowing. whatever you do, don't get drunk! let the other people get drunk.
they're really not as snobby as you might think, unless it's full of very rich people.

incidentally, wine tasting gigs are fantastic places to meet chicks. and if they like wine (good wine), chances are high that she either is somewhat sophisticated, or wants to be.

so, is this a real W&C party or just a poor excuse to get drunk?

you definitely need to find out what kind of party it will be and dress appropriately!

PS: shythouse advice for those who care: load up on 2001 Cabs! it's expected to be one of the best years in recent memory.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
ok let me warn you all about what a wine & cheese party is really about.

My ex gf had these little get togethers with her friends and their boyfriends. It is basically a fake attempt at a high class social gathering where girls show off their AFC boyfriends and then talk behind everyone’s back at a later date.

Don't go unless you are prepared to show her off to your friends. If you do go every word you say will be discussed at a later date between them all. I found these gatherings to be totally fake. Everyone is thinking one thing but saying another. Oh and don’t forget some girls like to make a judgment calls on you by listening to their friend’s opinions of you. Most girls that do this are a little bit feminist and like to read stupid magazines. So make sure you are damn good with your social etiquette and don’t forget to give neg hits to all her friends. It is basically a bull**** event.

My girl friend dragged me to a few of these and then expected me do to the same with all my friends. I was like what they hell are you talking about? We don’t have wine and cheese parties. We drink beer and then talk about snatch. She couldn’t understand that I just wasn’t ready to let her meet my friends or my parents.
this happens at every kind of party, not just wine and cheese parties.

it is true, however, that many of these parties, thrown by younger folks, are a lame attempt to become sophisticated.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weve had them since we were like 19 and it is for us not an attempt to be sophisticated but more of a friendly kozy more private atmosphere...

We often have these in dimmed rooms with candles, good wine and cheese and we talk high and low about everything.

Atleast from my perspective these are often very private so if you are invited to one it often means you are brought into a certian kind of circle or simular.

I really do dig these kind of gigs though. Good wine, good cheese, good company. Sometimes you meet a new face.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can say is free food and alcohol... Why not go? It's a change from beer and chips...

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
An excuse to hook up with you. Go and then have sex with her.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its a good time...Back in college, my girlfriends threw this big W&C party on an early afteroon...I woke up hungover as all hell, put on my Tuxedo T-shirt, and went over with a 64oz beermug chugging 'dainty' glasses of wine...

If its going to be a serious deal, I recommend paying attention to the types of wine and what they go good with (for no other reason than being well informed on a date - chicks love a guy with a refined sense of taste - thats why they think they're out with you in the first place...)

Be firendly, its not meant to be a snob fest (most likely an excuse for the girls to get dolled up....)