Wrong to meet new girls even if you have a girlfriend?

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it wrong to be still attempting to go out & meet new girls, even though you have a girlfriend?

As a double-standard, girls think its ok for them to still meet new guys, like when they get hit up at a club, they just say "more friends can't hurt." Yet, how come it's wrong if we as guys were to meet new girls at a club (or anywhere), and that counts as cheating?

vudufixit

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the nicest thing to do, but I say "meet them" and collect #'s and flirt, but don't do ANYTHING physical until you and your current GF have called it quits.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fadero, it depends on what level of relationship you have with your girlfriend. If you have agreed on dating each other exclusevly, then it is not really much of a DJ thing to see other girls. If you are on the level where you have not agreed this (altough I quess she can't really be called your "girlfriend" if that is the case), then it is okay to meet other girls as well.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vudufixit
It's not the nicest thing to do, but I say "meet them" and collect #'s and flirt, but don't do ANYTHING physical until you and your current GF have called it quits.

Partial credit...

Collect #'s, flirt, date and f*ck as many girls as possible. Don't let having a GF hold you back.

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but what if you LOVE your g/f and all that jazz?

suavedave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yep, same situation

Well, Im in the same situation. I've been with this girl for God knows how long now, at least since 2001. Last conversation we had I said "Lets just leave it at that" (meaning, lets not say we are going out or not. But she still acts like we are -- and it's nice to be wanted. But, I am still out there getting #s (no more eMail :). It's tough, you want to have fun, experience life and grow, but at the same time follow the golden rule.

ChevyLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol. It is a question of morality. No one here can give you a "right" answer. Its up to you. If you think theres nothing wrong with cheating on your gf, fvck as many girls as you can. If you think its wrong, don't. You can have chick friends though in my opinion. If they are just friends, your gf can't say anything.

As long as your honest and you don't have to lie to your girlfriend, its not cheating. But that's if you think lying and cheating are bad.

I'm never going to cheat on any girl that is my official gf cuz I think trust and being faithful are very important factors in being a dj, but thats just me. Lots of guys would call me a pvssy or something, but I don't really care - everyone has different values.

I just think of it this way - if a girl was ever unfaithful to anyone, I would never let her be my gf. I'd go for the one night stand cuz she's shown that is what she is interested in, but she wouldn't be worth my time for a relationship because I wouldn't be able to trust her. Reverse the situation.

In my opinion, you want sex with lots of girls, you don't start a serious relationship with any girls. You just fvck all the time. You want a serious relationship, you commit and don't fvck other girls. That way theres no guilt, no fear of "getting caught", no loss of integrity, no waste in effort of trying to lie all the time or be sneaky. I wouldn't want to live like that. I just never really want to be that kind of guy.

So I guess it all depends on what kind of guy you want to be, and what you can live with.

CL

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me clarify, I wasn't talking about meeting them to sleep with them. I was talking about meeting them to just have them as friends.

For some reason, many girls think that whenever a guy acquires new female friends that something is up and they smell something fishy. But as a double-standard, it's perfectly ok for girls to have as many male friends as they want.

I really hate it because my girlfriend's friends are 95% male. It is a rare occasion that she ever befriends any new friends that are female. She says that girls are too much drama and that they compete with each other. Yes, by that I know she is an attention wh0re. She loves the attention, especially because most of these so-called friends want something more.

She says she would never get jealous if I hang out with other girls, but she says this well into her comfort zone in the relationship when she knows I am not meeting any new girls. But if I were to (which I have before), she gets all jealous about it. For me, I don't care about making new friends that are either female or male. But with her, she only choses males. And it's getting to the point, that because I'm sick of her behavior of doing this, I feel the need to get "even" with her by hanging out with more females and befriending more females.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fadero
For some reason, many girls think that whenever a guy acquires new female friends that something is up and they smell something fishy. But as a double-standard, it's perfectly ok for girls to have as many male friends as they want.
You are mixing up the terms "dating" and "being friends". (EDIT: sorry, you weren't talking about dating, I just assumed that you ment dating in your first post.) There is nothing wrong with having female friends while having a girlfriend as long as you keep it absolutely clear to everyone that it's just about being friends. However, dating women while having a gf who you have agreed on exclusivity with... I find that to be deceitful and trecherous. The fact that you are a DJ does not mean that your gf wouldn't be a human who you could treat any way you like to (okay, maybe some DJ's disagree on this... but then again, they aren't real Don Juans, they are just azzholes). But being only friends should be okay with your girl if she has male friends too. If it's not, then talk to her about it, and if that doesn't help then NEXT her.

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is NEVER wrong to meet new people, male or female. IF it is just to keep your social life going, not your sex life, then do it.

If your girlfriend doesn't like it then shes paranoid and insecure, which in my book = NEXT!

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
Fadero, not only is it ok to meet new women while you have a girlfriend, I think it's the healthiest thing to do.

Relationships have turned bad when the partners become so possessive that they start restricting who you can meet or hang out with.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fadero

Go to the "DJ Tips" forum and checkout the post by yours truly titled "So you've got a girlfriend, now invest in your future."

Hope that might help you out.:)

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Fadero

Originally posted by Slickster
Go to the "DJ Tips" forum and checkout the post by yours truly titled "So you've got a girlfriend, now invest in your future."

Hope that might help you out.:)
Can you please send a link to that? I can't find it.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here it is Fadero from the Tips forum.

SO YOU'VE GOT A GIRLFRIEND, NOW INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE

So you found your Dream girl. It wasn't easy, it took a lot of work.
All the time spent searching the clubs, pubs, shopping malls, and libraries. The money and effort put into all those dates with the Wrong girls. But now that you've found her though, things sure are great. You're happy, she's happy, the whole world is a wonderful place. But for how long?

Too many guys will get themselves into a relationship, and while things are seemingly going well they are falling into a trap. The trap is complacency. All the things the guy was doing before he found Miss Right seem to cease when the relationship begins. The focus goes from Women to Woman and this works for awhile but will eventually cause problems.

You have to take advantage of the fact that you have a girlfriend.
This is the prime time to work those DJ skills on other women. Albeit in a different way. I'm not talking about wheeling multiple women, cheating or anything like that. What I'm suggesting is that you use the social proof of having a girlfriend to meet, make friends and build rapport with as many women as you can.

While single we're taught NOT to make friends with women or else we end up in the friendzone. But when you have a girlfriend it is the smartest way to invest in your future.

Women love guys who have girlfriends or wives. All the other single guys are viewed as players, but not you. You are safe.
Every woman's guard goes down once she knows you have a girlfriend. You're off limits so there's no harm in chatting with you.
Its amazing what they will tell you too. They'll openly discuss their feelings, relationships, deep secrets, and sex.

The pressure is off you too. You already have a girlfriend so no more anxiety about approaching or being rejected. It all becomes very easy. This is a great time to practice your attraction and conversation skills.

Other benefits: You reduce the chance of developing oneitis. Also your girlfriend sees that you have many female friends and knows she better be treating you right, or else you just might be down the road. You become the type of friendly guy who chats with everyone. You do this from the onset of your relationship so that jealousy does not become a problem. Your girlfriend just accepts that this is who you are.

The women you befriend become your best allies. If they are friends with your girl then they boost you up in her eyes. They talk about you with their other friends too and tell everyone how great you are. You'll begin hearing things like, "Your girlfriend is a lucky woman" or "Do you have a brother?"

Like any investment you won't reap all the rewards immediately.

But if, and when you and your girlfriend split. You'll be miles ahead of all the other players that have been trying to impress those women you have already built rapport with.

So if you have a girlfriend, you're in a relationship, don't just let your DJ skills go soft. Don't become complacent and let things go stale. Keep on doing what you were doing before you met her. It will keep your relationship fresh and make your girl work to keep you interested. And if things don't work out. Thats okay too.

You've been investing.

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post, indeed. I learned a lot just from reading that. Thanks Slickster. You have very valid points with which I will practice.