Would you do this?

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever take your laptop and work at a coffee shop? maybe to strike up a conversation with a girl or just to be out in the real world then coop up in your house all the time? Am thinking of buying a laptop for this purpose, am tired of working at home all the time. Its hard to take your mind off of work to make an effort to go out, its even worse if your intention is to go out to socialize. I want to able to get some work done but also in situations where I can socialize without "going out" I will save a ton of time like this because before when I used to go "sarge" I wasted an hour driving, another hour getting ready and 4-6 hours walking around downtown trying to sarge, the amount of pressure to sarge if you're there for the soul purpose of sarging is really hard.

Let me know your thoughts before I fork out some hard earned money to buy a laptop.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m in the IT field and I have to take my laptop everywhere. Working on your laptop in a social environment just isolates you. Take it and work a bit, but if you want to talk to women you need to turn the fvcker off.

Now, you can be creative and use it as a prop. One city I visit has WIFI downtown and if I see someone I want to approach sitting on a park bench I will take it with me and sit right next to them and explain I always use that spot because I get better signal there. Since most people don’t know jack about WIFI I’ll even play a bit with some C + F and tell them they are in the way and probably need to move.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not able to concentrate on any type of work in a public environment. Just way too much stimulus to take my mind away from what I'm doing. If your face is buried in your laptop, how will they help you get any girls?

ps - off topic but how long does your laptop batter last? I bought a Toshiba a few months back, I can only get about an hours worth of usage off a fully charged battery. It's essentially useless without the adapter.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't do that.

I wouldn't buy a laptop to get chicks.

I wouldn't buy a nice car to get chicks.

I wouldn't buy a nice watch to impress chicks.

I wouldn't concoct a scheme such as buy a laptop, take it to a coffee shop, do "work", and try to impress/pickup chicks.

And I wouldn't buy a laptop when I already had a perfectly functional computer unless I travelled for work and needed the wireless, portable convenience.

But, I have strong opinions about people being "too connected". Far too many people are "overly in touch". These people are constantly texting, snapping up their phone mid-conversation without regard to whom their speaking with in real life.

To me, it automatically says, "the person who is calling is more important than I am" and "they'd rather hear what the person calling has to say, regardless of what it is, than continue listening to what I have to say". It's rude, to say the least.

Do you honestly have so much work that you need to multi-task it with being social? If so, get your work done, then go out and be social. If you have so much work that you can't manage time to go out and be social, then you need to examine your priorities.

But back up... "going out to sarge" is also silly to me. Rarely will you EVER have much success if your purpose in going out is "to meet women" instead of "to socialize" or "to have a good time" or "to celebrate" or "run errands" or "grab a coffee".

When your purpose is "to get women", you are failing before you start. Hey, whatever, get a laptop and go to coffee shops to work. But do so for the purpose of working and having coffee. That way, you won't be dissappointed if you aren't meeting any chicks... because you are working.

These are just my opinions, I wouldn't do it myself, but I'm not in your situation. If jacking with another computer is for the purpose of meeting women... maybe it's your motivation that needs jacking with.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When your purpose is "to get women", you are failing before you start. Hey, whatever, get a laptop and go to coffee shops to work. But do so for the purpose of working and having coffee. That way, you won't be dissappointed if you aren't meeting any chicks... because you are working.

These are just my opinions, I wouldn't do it myself, but I'm not in your situation. If jacking with another computer is for the purpose of meeting women... maybe it's your motivation that needs jacking with.
Only this 2 sentense shows that you read what I wrote. Getting a laptop for me is not for the purpose of getting woman, if my purpose was getting woman that would mean I put woman as my top priority and if that was the case then I would just move downtown. I don't want my business to suffer so that's why I want the laptop to work AND have a reason to be out because I also want to join many clubs that only exist downtown. If I wanted to handle this part of my life fully then I would need to waste atleast 4-5 month of total dedication, what would happen to my bussiness then? I just bought 2 house and need a down payment of 100k by May of next year. I simply cannot slack off work but I also don't want to waste my youth. This is the best option I could come up with.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take my machine to the coffee house, but not to meet women.

Randy van Warmer

Reaction score
As a freelance writer I often take a laptop into a cafe, but with work in mind. I get so engrossed in my writing, I often forget about my surroundings and the other people in the cafe.
But, within in several minutes you can almost guarantee that I will be approached by a woman asking if I minded if she sat at my table. And of course, we start a conversation, usually about what I am writing, and one thing leads to another and I have meet (& bedded) several great 8 plus women in this fashion. It took a few months or so to realize that I was on to something.

And the strange thing is, the more I stick my head down and get on with my work, the quicker I seem to attract attention. Not sure how it works, but boy it seems to pull them in for me.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know about coffee shops, but I have never seen anything like I saw when I was at a Hooters type restaurant, and my video production guy was showing me a video of a Playboy party he shot.

I sh!t you not, our waitress came by the table and saw this video of chicks dancing and whatnot (no nudity), and before you know it there were about six more girls huddled around watching this thing. They were like bugs to a light. it was amazing.

Randy van Warmer said:
And the strange thing is, the more I stick my head down and get on with my work, the quicker I seem to attract attention. Not sure how it works, but boy it seems to pull them in for me.
It's the same way in a club. most of the time when I have been approached by women has been when I was focused on something OTHER than people and surroundings (like having to piss real bad. serious).

As for getting a computer, ALWAYS buy a laptop. It holds value like crazy and it can do almost anything a desktop can do.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me getting woman at coffee shop would be a plus since am not at the coffee shop to meet woman, am there to work as 1st priority.

It seems different people have diffrerent experience with the coffee shops, I'll just have to test it out myself and see. My sis don't use her laptop anymore so I don't have to buy one, sweet!