Would you date a woman that does not drink?

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't consider myself an alcoholic, i'm sure I am one though by the standards of AA. I don't have more than one drink at home or by myself. I'm strictly a social drinker. So I don't think I have a problem with drinking, but I do have a problem if a girl i'm considering doesn't drink. It's like what are we going to do when we go out? To me all the fun is getting a little **** faced and talking crap with your friends.

So if you are a drinker, have you ever had success dating a non drinker?

I for one hate drinking around people not drinking...

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree it doesnt make things easy. ive not done someone who doesnt at least drink occasionally

konmai

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know some straight edge girls like that, and they won't even consider an ltr with someone who does drink even just socially.

Droz88

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I view it as a huge positive personally. Alcohol is a crutch. Now, if a chick is insanely dull and still doesn't drink then I'd be less enthused
In my experience most girls who don't drink are dull and kinda ugly. I agree, I would prefer girls who don't drink cause if you can have fun with them sober then you can have fun anytime.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would date a girl that doesn't drink IF she still went out to bars and had a good time. That's how my sister is, and that's how one of my ex's best friends is. They both have a great time still, and you don't even notice it.

The only time I could really see it being anything but a positive is when it's just you and her at home or something. I like drinking wine, but I'm not gonna drink alone at home.

gpshields3

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I view it as a huge positive personally. Alcohol is a crutch. Now, if a chick is insanely dull and still doesn't drink then I'd be less enthused
yeah but you're a paranoid weirdo. you probably think all girls who enjoy a glass of wine are drunken sluts. you must have been cheated on. repeatedly.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GotED? said:
In fact I ONLY look for women that don't drink (or only during meals) - to me that is QUALITY material for LTR; my preference, and not for everyone.

With respect,

Exodus
I'm in the same camp. I find quality of character increases drastically in women who don't drink or who only drink occasionally. Of course there will be a wide range of opinion on this subject as we're all looking for different things.

EastWind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GotED? said:
In fact I ONLY look for women that don't drink (or only during meals) - to me that is QUALITY material for LTR; my preference, and not for everyone.

With respect,

Exodus
I'm on board with you, though personally I find a single drink (one beer, one glass of wine, a bit of really good whiskey...) in social settings to be acceptable as well. Which is the standard I'm imposing to myself, hence...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could write an essay about trying to pick up girls who dont drink, while Im sure many of them dont drink "with me" after I pick them up I can tell generally that escalating on a complete sober girl require a god mode kino ability which most of us dont have yet.

Quite frankly in this moment I like girls with no inhibitions or moral which makes my plans much easier but I cant deny that when Ill decide to grow a family, I'll be probably join the "good girls who dont drink are better club".

I see your frustration sergent, to try to drink and relax while somebody is not drinking and looking at you is not exactly what puts you in the right mood.

However I invite you guys to consider the fact that many girls simply dont drink because theyr dont really like the company or dont wanna bond with those with them, I doubt those non drinking girls would be so strict if they were with a guy they really liked.

GQ Scott

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd prefer my women not to drink alcohol, or very little. I myself drink a fair amount with friends (4-8x a month) but don't NEED to at all.

It's all about finding girls who don't need to use alcohol as a crutch to open up or be fun.

I had a first date with a girl a few days ago (granted we've already had sex before that), and during those 4 hours I had her "piss your pants can't control yourself" laughing, and I was having a pretty awesome time as well. Neither of us had a drop of alcohol that night.

I've also had other girls who after a couple drinks still won't open up or be interesting or worth my time. It varies with every girl.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
definitely not drinking alcohol is positive... but I don't mind if she drinks as long as she's not overdoing it...