Workout schedule for me

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, here's my physical description. I am about 5' 10'' and weight 275 pounds and I am 16 years old. I am tired of the way I am and have decided to do a COMPLETE 180 degree turnaround. I am dedicated to this and there is no changing my mind anymore! I have gotten a membership to my local gym and I am going there every day before school. But here's my problem. I have been reading posts on how to bulk up quickly, but they all involve ingesting lots of fatty foods and doing NO cardio. I am trying to also lose fat in this process and those plans don't seem ideal for me. So I need U guys to help me out here and work out a good plan for me to lose weight and bulk up at the same time. I am willing to do just about any diets if necessary (except Atkins cause that one's just BS). I have the opportunity to go to the gym 5 times a week if necessary. Anyways I'm starting to ramble. Help me out here, fellow DJs.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
because you're a newbie, I'll take it easy on you.. LOL

1. You can't bulk up and lose weight at the same time. Read that sentence again, and tell me what's wrong with that phrase. Right..... you are trying to do two diametrically opposed things at once. It's not going to happen. It's one or the other.

THEREFORE

2. Lose the fat first, then worry about putting on muscle.

3. Read my GUIDE TO CUTTING UP, for how to diet. Follow it to a T. Start at 2200 total calories. It will work wonders for you, and you won't end up looking like that dork Jared from the Subway commercials.

4. Read my GUIDE TO BULKING UP for info on how to structure the workouts. Follow this to a T as well. (except the bulking diet and no cardio parts of course, follow that when you lean out)

5. Lift 4-5 times a week.

5. Do cardio 5 times a week. Ideally you want to space it at least 8 hours apart from your lifting session. For example you can do cardio before school and lift after school. Basically, that and diet are what is going to burn off that pudge, the lifting is going to jack your metabolism... Build up to 45 minutes. If you are really out of shape, just do it at a comfortable level that makes breathing difficult. Your minimum time is 20 minutes. Try to improve each week till you can comfortably get on stairclimber "Interval Training" (level 7) for 45 minutes, then you are ready to start tackling high-intensity cardio sessions, which is were the real fat loss will begin.

6. Go to your local bookstore or get on amazon.com and buy this book: ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S MODERN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BODYBUILDING
Read it. Read it again. Then read it again after that. However, disregard his traning routines. No human on earth can do them without getting on some serious roids. Look at the pictures on how to do the exercises, and burn them into your memory.

7. Buy a little notebook and write down all your training sessions. Exercises, sets, weight, and reps. Each week try to improve.

8. Don't waste your time reading any of those bodybuilding magazines on the stands. They are garbage. You want some serious info check here www.t-mag.com

Simple, huh? Now get your ass to work. In six months, you'll be a rock hard stud... provided you don't try to get smart and tweak my system or wuss out and return to the life of a fat, no pvssy-gettin' pudgeball.

lates and good luck,
D

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the help man. But I don't think I'll need to be picking up arnold's book. I already know alot about lifting techniques. I've been doing it for a while. The diets were my main concern and you cleared that up rather well. Right now my cardio workout has been consisting of 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph on a varying incline that maxes at about 8%. If you think I should change that in any way, let me know.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuddhaSMASH
Thanks for the help man. But I don't think I'll need to be picking up arnold's book. I already know alot about lifting techniques. I've been doing it for a while. The diets were my main concern and you cleared that up rather well. Right now my cardio workout has been consisting of 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph on a varying incline that maxes at about 8%. If you think I should change that in any way, let me know.

I don't really fukk with treadmills because my right knee is fukked up. That's why I either do the rowing machine or the stairmaster. Those two don't bore me to death. I won't kid ya, cardio sucks ass.. I'd rather be lifting all the time, but fukk it, if you want that six pack, you gotta put in the time.

Anyway, you have to go by your heartrate and breathing at that level of exertion. I can't really help you there, since I don't use the treadmill personally.

Also, I've been doing this for 13 years, and I still learn something new about lifting every day. If you're sixteen, trust me, YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT LIFTING. Stop being a cheapskate yom and get Arnold's book. You'll thank me later.

D

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
The treadmills and stair machines there have heart rate monitors on them and they automatically calculated what you heart rate should be according to age and weight. I dunno if they can be trusted though. Does 132 bpm sound right? *shrug*

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
also, could you reccomend a good herbal fat burner?

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StairMaster is a brand name. StairMaster makes all sorts of aerobic exercise equipment. You're making fun of DIESEL for using standard equipment. Yes, that was interesting.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Bahahahahahahaha.... :p

Diesel uses a stairmaster! Diesel uses a stairmaster!

Bahaha... :p

j/k
Yeah, I use a stairmaster. So?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The treadmills and stair machines there have heart rate monitors on them and they automatically calculated what you heart rate should be according to age and weight. I dunno if they can be trusted though. Does 132 bpm sound right? *shrug*
16 yrs. MAX HR = 220-16 = 204 BPM

204x. 7 = around 141
204x.8 = around 162

you should be doing your cardio in the 140-160 range

when you build up your heart and can handle high-intensity you should be working in the 170-185 range.

D

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome! Just the things I needed to know. Diesel, your my new best friend. And one last thing and I will stop buggin. Is Hydroxycut a good herbal fat burner? I need something ephedrine free cause of my thyroid disease :p Any suggestions would be nice!

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome! Just the things I needed to know. Diesel, your my new best friend. And one last thing and I will stop buggin. Is Hydroxycut a good herbal fat burner? I need something ephedrine free cause of my thyroid disease :p Any suggestions would be nice!

Man, I'd check with your doctor, unless of course, you don't want him to know. But the thyroid shyt, if you're on medication, you would want to make sure that there are no interactions with the stimulants in the fat burner.. or if the metabolic acceleration caused by the fat-burner could fukk with thyroid function... that's why I would ask your doc, to give you the OK before you start taking a fat burner.

As far as I know Hydroxycut works OK, but since I don't personally use it, I don't know if it is ephedra free. I know it's ephedrine free because that stuff is illegal in 20-odd states. However, when I go on a fat burner i go right for the ephedrine-caffeine stack.

hope that helps,
D