Women's attraction has many forms

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attraction for a woman can be very different than for a man. It is more than physical. Three examples:

Some 10 years ago I went to a gym to apply for a front desk job. When I walked in I noticed the HB 9 who worked at the front. Wow. 5'9, C-cups, long blond hair, 20 yrs old, beautiful face. Every male in the gym was eyeing her when they walked by. I applied and left.

Two weeks later I start the job. I walk in and for whatever reason I was in an amazing mood that day. I am introduced to a girl who works there and HB 9 is about 6 feet from us. I am talking with girl, who is going over procedures etc., in a super positive, happy, playful tone. Like I am THE MAN and life could not be better. HB 9 is being completely ignored as she is not part of the conversation, but she is close enough to hear everything.

Soon thereafter the girl leaves and I am working with HB 9. I'm friendly and positive. As my shift goes on I notice every male who comes into the gym looks at HB 9. It really is interesting to see this up close. I work with HB 9 over the course of a week, talking effortlessly with her, and she begins showing interest in me -- big time. Keep in mind I am barely 5'6 and she is 5'9. I am in my early 30s and she is 20 and in college (summer break). She starts suggesting we ride bikes (she rode a mountain bike), hang out, that I should visit her when she goes back to school in California (?!?!?!?!?!?!). I ask her a stupid riddle/joke and she is animated and hyper excited trying to figure it out.

We go out after work one night for milkshakes, driving separate cars. I walk her to her car when we're done and she is directly facing me, not getting in, but I'm too AFC to actually make a move. Then the move I make is to open the car door for her and tell her I'll see her at work the next day.

Next time we get together we go bike riding then shower and change at her mom's house (mom was not home) before going to my friend's birthday party. I don't make a move, even when she is sitting on the bed in front of me putting lotion on her legs. We get to my friend's place and I leave her to play network first-person shooter games for a couple of hours. She is mortified. When I take her home she won't talk to me and her tone at work is no longer friendly. We never see each other again.

Damn she was hot.

The recent oneitis I dealt with in the spring is the exact opposite situation. Whereas HB 9's attraction seemed to be based on me being positive and outgoing, oneitis finds intelligence and mental connection attractive. On our first date she mentioned dating a guy years ago whom she found extremely attractive because he was extraordinarily intelligent. And the guy she is currently dating, who basically c*ck-blocked me before I realized what was going on, connected with her based on his knowledge of self-help psychotherapy (she is and has been in professional therapy for AVPD).

I saw an online profile recently of a woman who listed her age as 34, but in the essay portion said it was 44 but she looks young -- the photos are supposedly recent and damn does she look young, early thirties and very pretty. She is also divorced, has a child, and her only requirement is that someone she dates be extremely hot (physically attractive). Sure, we can point out that she is divorced and has a kid perhaps because of her focus on looks and ignorance of personality or other qualities, but it is what it is.

Three women, three completely different kinds of attraction: 1) Personality; 2) Psychological connection; 3) Physical attractiveness.

You need to figure out quickly what "grabs" a woman and focus on that. On SS there seems to be a generalization to keep things simple and light, never be heavy, but it depends on the woman. Some women are turned on by intelligence and/or philosophical nature, some by positivity, some by pecs and a chiseled jaw.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.
Two women I'm seeing tell me that although they find me attractive, what really gets them all gooey and DTF is my mind.
I have an uncanny ability to remember really random shyt and when I hit them with this stuff they just sit there all dough-eyed and sighing.
Weird.
But they are in their 30s and I'm sure when they were in their 20s, all they cared about was fvcking any guy with muscles even if he couldn't spell "IQ".

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greasy Pig said:
Good post.
Two women I'm seeing tell me that although they find me attractive, what really gets them all gooey and DTF is my mind.
I have an uncanny ability to remember really random shyt and when I hit them with this stuff they just sit there all dough-eyed and sighing.
Weird.
But they are in their 30s and I'm sure when they were in their 20s, all they cared about was fvcking any guy with muscles even if he couldn't spell "IQ".
Bingo. This is why I don't waste my time with the under-24 crowd anymore. Mid-20's seems to be around the time most of them finally start to mature and look for more important qualities in a man.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine is married to a women he admits is out of his league physically. What attracted her to him was the way he thinks; he is both analytical and able to take disparate pieces of information and put them together in ways that aren't obvious at first. She knew on their first date that he was special to her.

Ulysses

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanabe said:
Some women are turned on by intelligence and/or philosophical nature, some by positivity, some by pecs and a chiseled jaw.
It's good to be versatile. In a club, in a casual social situation, at a ****tail party, a black tie event... all call for different ways to interact with women. If you are bulletproof and already have: a deep personality, intelligence and interests outside of football and are keeping yourself well maintained with workouts, dressing nice, etc....

Then any situation you enter you should be fine.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot girls don't handle rejection well, because they don't have to. I've had the same thing happen to me. Showing indifference works, but you have to sense the time when she, in her mind, is doing something that shows her interest. It could be as simple as being alone with you on a bed or couch. If you don't make a move then, she will feel rejected, and then it's all over.