Women with no sense of humour

renegadejbj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there,
How is everyone? I have a little problem, and would appreciate any help.

Here's what happened. A couple of days ago, I met this woman where I'm taking my trainning. I was being ****y and funny so I thought I'd try a neg hit. (She is around 6 feet tall and I'm only 5'9").

We were sitting down, and when she stood up, I said :
"gee, where did that lamppost come from?'

She wasn't amused. My instructor got a compliant about me the next morning.

So, the next day when I saw her, I appolagized, saying not to take it personally, I was just joking around, trying to break the ice. Again I tried to be funny by trying to explain to her that my jokes are usually missing the punchline.

I know I am in trouble with my instructor, just hope it's not too serious.

So here's a little question. What would you do in my situation? I'm not going to pursue her, or anything like that, what I mean is, what would you do if you were me, and you bump ito her again (which is very likely).

I will probably try to be funny, but, like I said.....my jokes are usually missing something, lol.

See ya soon
Renegadejbj

Starwind

Don Juan
Reaction score
As you say, she doesn't have a sense of humor; that, or she took that joke a little personally. Tall girls have a problem finding ideal guys because, traditionally, girls belong with guys taller than they are. I know, I have several very tall cousins and they have trouble finding guys because of this reason. Therefore, I think your joke might have been out of line, especially if you delivered it wrong.

If not that, though, she might not have a very good sense of humor. In either case, next time you see her, just be courteous and polite and make casual conversation (you said you won't pursue her, right?). Just be cool, and lay off the jokes.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lamp post is up her ASS

Just do nothing. be "all business."

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by renegadejbj

Again I tried to be funny by trying to explain to her that my jokes are usually missing the punchline.

I know I am in trouble with my instructor, just hope it's not too serious.

See ya soon
Renegadejbj
You already got yourself in trouble and you tried to be funny again? Why? Just be serious, apologize and leave. I wouldn't neg hit any girl at work, it causes trouble.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We were sitting down, and when she stood up, I said :
"gee, where did that lamppost come from?'

Dude, that's not ****y/funny, that's ****y/dumbass. Off course she wasn't ammused by your wit, even you know that you're jokes usually miss something. Funny story though. :)

Reaction score
Re: The lamp post is up her ASS

Originally posted by Bonhomme
Just do nothing. be "all business."
LOL!

and I couldn´t agree more