Woman, Money and messed up priorities

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all been quite some time since I’ve been on the forum. Hope all is good with you all.

A bit of a backstory:
Im 36 years old and was a player in my 20s. Pretty successfully in my own mind. My issue was I always put woman first before money. I got heavily into drinking and ended up checking myself into a rehab for drinking and now I am currently living in a sober home(out of choice). I’m 36 no job, waiting for surgery on my neck(Now is the perfect time to do it)

My life at 36 feels like a huge mess. I have nothing and I mean nothing. I feel like a huge failure. I do have a set of skills in web dev, marketing and SEO. But still mid level for 10 years experience. I still put woman first over money. My last relationship was 2 years ago (I was broken up with on valentine day), so I guess I’m trying to fill that void.

I have to put my priorities first now. Thing is living off of government assistance I can only make $400 a month on the books. The only reason I’m not working is because I need surgery and it will be a bit of a recovery for me so I figued now is the perfect time to get it done while I have the time to do it.

Pretty much just venting here but also would love advice to get out of this situation.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who pays for your surgery if you have no job?

Chow Mein

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all been quite some time since I’ve been on the forum. Hope all is good with you all.

A bit of a backstory:
Im 36 years old and was a player in my 20s. Pretty successfully in my own mind. My issue was I always put woman first before money. I got heavily into drinking and ended up checking myself into a rehab for drinking and now I am currently living in a sober home(out of choice). I’m 36 no job, waiting for surgery on my neck(Now is the perfect time to do it)

My life at 36 feels like a huge mess. I have nothing and I mean nothing. I feel like a huge failure. I do have a set of skills in web dev, marketing and SEO. But still mid level for 10 years experience. I still put woman first over money. My last relationship was 2 years ago (I was broken up with on valentine day), so I guess I’m trying to fill that void.

I have to put my priorities first now. Thing is living off of government assistance I can only make $400 a month on the books. The only reason I’m not working is because I need surgery and it will be a bit of a recovery for me so I figued now is the perfect time to get it done while I have the time to do it.

Pretty much just venting here but also would love advice to get out of this situation.
Damn, brotha. I remember chit-chatting with you over a decade ago. Feel free to vent on here <3

I was in a similar boat in my 20’s like you, chasing tail resulting in me having $200 bucks in my bank account living off welfare. I had severe depression that lasted for a couple of months and drank a ton everyday. My brother in law told me to stop man-whoring and find a girl to build my empire. Quit my crap job and worked for a start-up. 12 hour days + 2 hour commute. Fortunately, I met a really nice girl and that LTR allowed me to focus on my career.

Being 36, as well, I can’t imagine what you are going to. It’s never too late, this might serve as a wake-up that your time on this earth is very limited.

Thanks for making this thread, hopefully the older vets can share their hardships and how they overcame to help those that are or may be in similar situations in the future.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

A bit of a backstory:

Firstly, Kudos for you, that you have managed to quit drinking.

The advice to get out of this situation you need to toughen up and grab life by it's ballz. Use the same mentality as with the one you used to quit drinking.

You seem like a guy who does not have control over his decisions. Forget women over money or money over women. Get your life straight.

Forget about women for the next 18 months. Learn to be tough, and disciplined. This is the only way to change your life.

We live in a soft world, where people can't function without their mobiles anymore on a daily basis. Where people can't even function without air-conditioning.

Toughen up, that's my advice.