Winter Formal

BeyondBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
What up guys?! It's that time of the year again, how r u guys goin to ask ur girl to the formal?

i imma just call her up since she goes to a different school than me nd ask her on the phone.

nd guys, what r winter formals like? what to wear and what to expect at the formal? This is my first time going there nd i dont wanna ask my friends about it(most of em never went to dances anyway) Thanks

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm, i'm not really an expert on this... But Usually i'd wear something formal to the formal.:cool:

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an important question.

What is the cut off date that you should ask your girl before since they have to get a dress and countless other preperations. 3 weeks?

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Three weeks is probably about good. Take note of when most other people ask their date and do it then. Ask too soon and you look desperate, too late and she'll probably have a date.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wear something other than black and white, so that you stand out a lot more. Also, instead of a tie, get a nice bowtie.

expect it to be like a regular dance with more "finesse" and more elegant surroundings.

BeyondBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
will normal suit with a good tie on do? or we need tux, nd all the fancy stuff. Other the black/white, what color could that be?

lol a normal dance w/ more finess...

moreover, i just thought bout this: u kno when i ask her to the formal right? when she say yeah she'll go, how should my reaction be? should i be screamin w/ ectasy or should i go like 'aiite tight, call me later, i g2g' or somethin like that to keep the cool?

Last edited:

BeyondBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
nd also whats the max capacity for a limo(size varies i think..)?

BUMP!

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most limos carry around 10-16 people..i.f you want one bigger than that you'll have to shell out serious cash.

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bowties never look good.

For formal stuff, I like to wear something flashy. Black pants and jacket with one of those two-color shirts, where the fabric is woven so that from different angles it's a different color.

BeyondBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i got the date nd uh we're probably gon go in a limo with a bunch of friends.

bowties or no bowties? tux or no tux?
more suggestions yeah?
maybe u guys can like post ur winter formal pic up here so we can take look?

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still sticking with my bowtie opinion. Think chipndales type look. Tux isnt necessary, and it might get a bit steamy. Try a silk blue top with dark pants. Match your partner tho.

If you're naturally good looking, dance well, and you'll be the focus of the dance no matter what you wear.

guardian

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok heres the deal. i have a very hot date for winter formal. im getting my tux today (hopefully theyre not all rented out) because winter formal for us is this saturday. so what type of music do you think theyll play at the winter formal? its a very upscale hotel were having it out and i cant dance for sh!t. so im kinda worried. im only going to be with her because ive liked this girl for months and have been waiting for this girl to break up with her jacka$$ boyfriend since i met her and finally got my chance. so what type of music will they play do you guys think?

guardian

Don Juan
Reaction score
fvck it. she bailed on me. she said some sh!t about she doesnt want to see her ex there but then i saw them hanging out together all day today so fvck her lol. im so pissed. i spent $500 and can only get $200 back. i rented a tux, limo, got dinner at a booked restaurant that my friend owns. what a biatch.