Wingman Interceptions

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question, sometimes I go out with my friends, and either I strike up conversations with women, or they will come up to me. I try to play everything by the book, be c/f, kino, exhude intelligence, tease them, maintain ec, etc

then when my friends or wingmen come along, I introduce them, thats where I drop the ball.

Suddenly the women are interested in my friends, ask them to dance and just almost ignore the rapport I have built up.

Then I feel low and like a jacka$$, both inside, how I look like a chump to my friends, and rejection and humiliation in the eye of the woman.

(Ive even met grroups of women who will talk to me, then as soon as my friend/s show up, all the attention is on them and they pretty much ignore me, and my friends take over)

Do you guys continue to work on these women when their interest is clearly on my friends? or do you just move on?

Whenever this happens to me, I just feel immense rejection (i.e. out of 3 women, all are interested in my friend???) and I just bail out and become withdrawn and unmotivated/pessimistic

the opposite even happens, where my friends will meet a group of girls, and when I am introduced, they completely ignore me and talk to my friends

any tips on how to get the ball back in my court or is it best just to move on?

ChesterB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell your friends not to intercept!
Or don't go out with those friends, who steal away the women.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not that easy, I mean we all go out as friends, and there is no way to avoid them (isnt it kind of childish? )

and my philosophy is, if the women like one of my friends, why would I c0ckblock? at least one of us could score, and he would get my back another time.

Usually when my friends take their pick of the litter, they start selling me to the other girls telling them how "funny, smart, good guy, etc" that I am

I just get irritated because it seems the women show interest in me, then as soon as my friends come, its like I never existed.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your friend obviously looks good or sexy or something and you don't (so much).

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Im not sure how much it has to do with looks. My friend definitely gets more girls talking to him, but when he isnt there, women are pretty receptive to me.

But he is a real AFC too, he rarely approaches women, and when he does he always drops the ball afterwards.

For example, I met 2 HB 7-8's last night who asked me "Do you know where any reggai bars are?"

I talked to them for a bit, joked, introduced them to my friend. Then they both wanted to dance with my friend. He went and danced with them, and later, I saw the same 2 girls leaving with a real DORK (this guy was like an off the boat mexican, with greasy hair, tight black shirt, gold chain, barely spoke english)

My friend later told me they like black guys(?) thats why they werent interested

chili kat

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I would tell my friends to STOP selling me to women. Women who try to set up thier date-starved friends (be they a man or a woman) will sell them as smart, funny and nice.
I'm sure your friends have good intentions, but they are implicitly telling these women that you're a 'nice guy'. Pull the plug on that.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend like this.

I was with two girls and he jumped in the convo and start getting their attention from me by being basically alpha. (loud, interrupting, talking all the time and being stupid). The bastard interrupted me and didn't let me say anything. I tried pretty much everything except kicking his ass. He didn't stop.

When we hanged out with guys together, he was cool. But when he saw me with a girl, he had zero respect for me. And I couldn't do anything. I kinda introduced him to the girls.

In the end he looked like an ignorant imbecile, the girls weren't intrested, but freaked out by him. And my convo was ruined.

After I told him not to do it again. He blankly stared at me and asked: "Why? What did I do?" :mad:

I just walked off. I can't beleive I was chillin with this guy for almost a year.

Bottom line - if your friends don't help you sarge, make sure they're not there when you sarge.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn man i really understand you

i had one friend that was a chump long term with woman but his looks make a great 1st impression

i started doing pick ups on my own and then after time i became better at it

then when wed go to parties and such id be showing him up all the time, its like a good competition for us these days

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say find out what your friend is doing to draw in women. Use that to build your game. Then you could tag team with him and grab all the honeys ;)