Why would a girl pretend she doesn't see you/ignore you

andy_4029

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never encountered this situation before, so thought I'd ask.

-see this girl at the gym I kinda knew before
-thought she was glancing at me from far away, but up close she would walk by as if I didn't exist and try really hard not to look at me
-see her outside of gym randomly and talk to her, good convo she kept it going and asked questions

-next time saw her at gym she came and did an exercise right by me, we both said hi then she turns around and keeps working out and the same ignoring since then
-not like im hideous or something, even today overheard two milfs saying "look at the muscles on that young man" yes im serious haha

-usually id just take it as not interested, but the putting so much effort into not looking at me is making me really confused. Especially since she did it before I even talked to her.

Any input?

Echoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be a lot of things.

-not interested
-shy
-just wants to work out and not socialize

If she talks to you outside the gym and the conversation is good and flowing well, then I think it might be that she's focused on her workout and doesn't want to deal.

I do this even with guys I know....if I'm at the supermarket (which is a place I hate being because it's so dull) and I see a guy I know, I will try to avoid dealing just so I can get out of there as fast as possible.

Then again, maybe she's just weird.

andy_4029

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
She doesn't talk to you in the gym.
She DOES talk to you outside the gym.

Maybe she just likes to hit the gym, keep her focus and not stop for idle chit chat.

If you are interested, next time you see her OUTSIDE the gym, ask her out.
Yeah could be, but even when I saw her outside of the gym she did the same ignoring until i walked up to her and said something first. Maybe the good convo was just her being polite

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First things first.. Women are moody so if you try to figure out why they are doing one thing sometimes and not others you will go crazy. The most important thing I've learned is to not care at all what she's doing or saying.

When you see her, just be social. Don't worry about how many times you've talked to her or whether or not a specific interaction went well. Just be an awesome guy and let her see that. This gets easier when you're constantly talking to girls. It gets easy to flirt with all of them and then just not care about ones that aren't interested in you.

Maybe she doesn't like to talk much in the gym. Who cares. Just say hey or whatever. If you see her outside of the gym and you're talking again and she's flirting just make sure you get her number and ask her out. That way you definitely know if she's interested or not.

Echoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
andy_4029 said:
Yeah could be, but even when I saw her outside of the gym she did the same ignoring until i walked up to her and said something first. Maybe the good convo was just her being polite
Women expect the men to approach. You approached and she responded positively.

Ask her out if you're into her or at least try to get her number.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alos one little note, would be better anyway you when you start your work out routine don't stop for chit chat, you get more results if you follow thing thing right even during the rest time you are supose to do, so its what she could be doing.

She talk with you outside? good, ask her out and be done with it

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are generally narcissistic.

She puts on her gym clothes and is worried she is looking good enough. She want's you to approach her.

Next time you see her brighten up your smile, go chat her up. And right when the convo is going great... Stop and tell her something like "I can talk to you all day here, let me get back to my workout..." see what happens next time you see her...

andy_4029

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys,

Well i saw her today again at the gym, she was in one area and i went to the same area to use something and a minute later she leaves walking by me and again ignores me completely looking forward, but she knew i was looking at her. The way she ignores me its like i killed her family or something:confused:

I dont understand the ignoring, not even a hi or eye contact to acknowledge each other. Ive had girls not interested in me before, but in these situations they would still say hi or look at me as we walk by each other. Whatever they do they dont try so hard not to look at you

As some of you said, I will talk to her outside of the gym one more time, if not fuk her

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she was just being friendly when you approached but is now giving you her best disinterested look.

I've met girls at the gym, went out with a spin instructor a few times. They were all friendly and never too preoccupied with their routine to chit chat, smile, wave, etc. Even the spin teacher told me half the reason girls use the gym is to meet guys, and how funny (pathetic) it is to see them fixing their hair and makeup before leaving the locker room.

Ask her out if you must, but I wouldn't put too much stock in this one.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I infamously encountered this with a few girls during my teens.

Let me put it this way, men and women can have a sexual relationship...however this particular relationship is one of MANY...it surprises some people that men and women can ACTUALLY talk and have a friendship without either wanting to f*ck the other.

Therefore 80% of the time a women deliberately ignores you it's because she's shy or reserved.

As for you OP, you think too much...it doesn't matter what she does all that matters is what you do.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she might have a bf