Why should men be the pursuers?

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well we all know, what Don Juanism is about, you have to be the prize.

What I would like to ask you is how the fvck society / men in general got into this situation.

All I see around me is men behaving like they are not good enough FOR women... I see guys spending hours in the gym, only to lay women who are completely out of shape, and whose effort to getting better is minimum.

Last edited:

oneboy21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not good enough with women has nothing to do with women.
people go to gym to work out, to stay healthy.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Rewind to the caveman days. Whoever was the strongest naturally was the leader and acquired the most resources. He was the Alpha male. Every animal type has this. He has his pick of the litter and women would rather share him than settle for a beta male. It's not a conspiracy.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This stuff is biblical. Eve was created from Adam's ribs. God instructed Adam to be the leader. The first sin ever was commited because Adam didn't check Eve for eating the fruit.

Man are supposed to be the strongest and the leaders. It's just the way it is.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In general I tend to agree with bigneil, although sometimes you will find women that will also pursue given the right circumstances. If you want to expand your dating options though being the pursuer will always work to your benefit.

This stuff is biblical. Eve was created from Adam's ribs. God instructed Adam to be the leader. The first sin ever was commited because Adam didn't check Eve for eating the fruit.
I hope you're kidding.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JdelaSilviera said:
All I see around me is men behaving like they are not good enough with women... I see guys spending hours in the gym,
while its true that in general you can't be a fat pos and expect to be hooking up with dimes, the vast majority of guys are just not confident enough in themeselves to just go hit on girls and get laid. So they will try to get money, looks, fame whatever to avoid rejection, but thats mostly bullsh*t because nobody is bulletproof and most any guy can get laid if he wasn't afraid of rejection.

so what am i saying? we are our own worst enemy.

but to your question, 'how did we get here?' well, i don't have idea but would guess its always been somewhat like this.

with anything desirable like pvssy or money there is always a small percentage that understands the winning formula and
goes ahead and actually does it and then there is the vast majority that struggles.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serg897 said:
In general I tend to agree with bigneil, although sometimes you will find women that will also pursue given the right circumstances. If you want to expand your dating options though being the pursuer will always work to your benefit.

I hope you're kidding.
why would he be kidding?

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't know how the game works. A lot of people think the best way to attract women is to chase and be the nice guy - because it proves how genuine and wonderful and different they are. They're just going by what they think works. Women are certainly to blame for this - based on what they tell the guy. They figure, if he proves his worth to her - she will respond favorably to it. Afterall, she's sick of doing all the chasing and work, wants to find a nice guy who cares, and blah blah. I don't know of any women who don't claim this.

What the nice guy doesn't realize is that these girls are seeking after these guys. This is what they respond to, and are attracted to. They may not understand it, and think they want differently, but that's the nature of attraction.

There are a lot of people out there who are simply clueless about game, and its importance. As well, they are desperate, have low self-esteem, place women on a pedestal, think they need them, believe they're going to cure them of their problems and make them happy, etc. This is likely because they don't have them, so now they're of high value, and made out to be their #1 goal in life. If ONLY they could get one. And the chase is on.

You also have instances where the girl purposely tries to get the guy to chase him, and the guy is lead to believe that she's some kind of prize because she can't be caught. This also ties into thinking its going to win her over. Players are experts at this.

A number of reasons, really. But it usually comes down to the guy, and his desperation.

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women cannot just be attracted to alphas. From an evolutionary standpoint, it doesn´t even make sense. And evolution doesn´t explain the dynamics completely. Although mystery likes to use it a lot, to sound more scientific on his method.

Women aren´t better than men in any aspect. So I find preposterous that men would behave like they are dealing with superior creatures, who are almost doing a favor by dating them.

When someone hits on you, you immediately feel superior.. that´s why women behave the way they do many times.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women approach too though. And I find it pretty d*mn endearing too. Step up your perceived value with them and you'll start seeing it happen.

They just know they can't all have alpha males so they settle. But the inherent flaw in their reasoning is the fact that they hit the "Wall" in looks too soon and end up either single or with a lower value man than expected. That's why I can only laugh at cries to "Man Up!" when they got themselves in the situation in the first place.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A decent number of women might be attracted to alpha's, but that doesn't mean they're going to pursue them. Not all girls want who everyone else wants, and all that nonsense. A lot of girls will not date players or jerks. It's the female players and jerks we seek after that leads us to believe this. You know, the hot chicks every guy wants. That's all they focus on, and that's all they see. It's not all women - only the ones they are attracted to. Women are douche bags, too, you know. Just because they complain and blame everyone else doesn't change the facts. Nobody wants to be perceived as a bad person, and will throw the blame on others. A lot of these alpha / jerk lovers are the same way themselves.

This usually occurs during the younger years, and us men are guilty of this, as well. We all want the trophy girl that everyone else wants, so we can show off, and look cool in front of our peers. Status and popularity is at the forefront during high school and into the college years. A lot of that changes as you get older, and you realize these hot chicks / alpha males aren't worth the trouble. They're just fun. Most people end up getting involved in and married to decent, nice folks. I see decent, nice couples EVERYWHERE. They far outweigh the bad ones. A lot of girls are also interested in nice guys (though not in the stereotypical "nice guy" sense).

It's those younger years, and the kind of people you are attracted to during this time, that messes people up, and gets them caught up in this whole alpha / bad boy / jerk / douche bag theories. A lot of guys seek after these young, hot girls for some time after the college years, so the stereotype never leaves. They're still going after the same type of person that caused it in the first place. Even if the girl isn't young - she's still the same kind of person. Some people never change or grow up. And some people never stop seeking after this kind of person. Familiarity, wanting to finally catch the hot chick and feeling good enough, etc.

I think a lot of people who seek after the alpha / hottie are really just battling with their own ego, and wanting to be accepted by society in general. Or, they think this time is going to be different - they're older and wiser now. What they don't understand is, these people are never going to change. They don't usually like the person at all.

Last edited:

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it may be the years of trashtalking from feminists.

Saturday I was at the club watching two girls complain to two dorks that men have no heart, and how when they ask about other girls it's immediately "*****ing", bla bla bla. The guys just stood there speechless.

At first I decided not to get involved but I interrupted the conversation and completely switched it around. I said: "what do you mean men have no heart? Men are super sweet" They were quite surprised. I continued: "It's girls that have no heart!! All those drinks you keep getting from guys left and right!!", they were like: "But you guys are the hunters! Can't we take advantage of that!!?!" I was like: "WHOA!!!WTF" Quite surprised.

Those girls are completely full of sh!t, and sometimes you gotta call them on it.

I told those guys they shouldn't take that kind of talk. And that I was taking it up for all men, and not just for them.

It just shows how emasculated guys have gotten. Those girls were talking crap about "if a guy doesn't do what you say, you gotta lay him on his belly", I was pretty speechless but I just laughed that off.

Guys have really let things get out of hand. These girls see the club as some kind of amusement park where they ride guys like donkeys and lure them with their pussies like a carrot on a stick. And then to be saying: "guys are heartless!!", lol. Speak for yourself, I'd say.

So, what can we do? I dunno. Just avoid being a victim. I guess I should quote Sun Tzu when he said:

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ yeah chamber but then around.1 am they go home with an alpha and spread their legs lovingly all night. That's the new ideal going out night for a 2012 girl. Completely tool most of te guys while boosting your ego then getting impaled by the bad boy. It's a raw deal for guys, unless you find yourself in that top dog spot

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but like you said, sometimes they settle.

And the whole idea of an alpha and a beta is quite superficial in this context.

These girls from my little story may have seen me as a beta until I let them know that I'm on to their little game. Does that make them see me as an alpha?

And what about the fact that many women might mistake a man's quiet calm and confident demeanor for weakness. Girls always have the idea they have to probe a man just to test for his boundaries. The whole trick is to simply set rules and boundaries. It's a turn-on when you tell girls about your rules and boundaries.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
^ yeah chamber but then around.1 am they go home with an alpha and spread their legs lovingly all night. That's the new ideal going out night for a 2012 girl. Completely tool most of te guys while boosting your ego then getting impaled by the bad boy. It's a raw deal for guys, unless you find yourself in that top dog spot
Of course, they're at a bar / club... What do you expect? To find a girl who isn't talking out of her ass? I heard the same things at clubs and bars. These girls aren't meant to be taken seriously; they usually have no sense or intelligence.

It goes right back to the kind of women you're going after. Bar-hopping *****s get with bad boys, and complain to nice guys. News at 11.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are these girls completely out of reach for you guys?

Just because most of them act stuck-up and because uggo's will hit on you, doesn't mean you don't deserve better than an uggo.

Alphaness, for a large part, is about not letting people not waste your space/time/attention. It's about remaining #1, and not letting anybody do ANYTHING at your expense, unless you allow them to.

So, as long as that doesn't happen, all you gotta do is make sure to look nice and enjoy yourself, and then if you're lucky a girl will catch on to the fact you understand the game. It's that simple imho. People can tell I know the game simply because I don't participate in the simping.

I can tell you another story about how I was talking to 3 girls, and a male colleague of mine approached, completely ignored me and talked only to the 3 girls. I was like omfg what's wrong with this guy. And the girls cought on to it. Somehow the guy identifies better with girls than me. He's gay, that's a fact, I know, but my subtle knowledge of his bad game, and my non-participation, was enough to turn on the girl he was talking to. This is a prime example of a man simping. He ignores his colleague to talk to girls. As if he could ever rely on them! What a fool!

So just look your best, work out, make some accomplishments so that you're mentally PRIME, go to the club and enjoy yourself.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people always conclude that these girls are out of reach? Up until a few years ago, when I stopped going after them, I dated nothing but hot girls. Ugly girls never hit on me - only the pretty ones. Getting them was never an issue. Women in general... Options were always available. Still are. I don't chase anyone, or get rejected often. Sex with hotties is easy. So, put that theory of hating and generalizing from a distance to rest.

This has nothing to do with me, anyway. Speaking in general terms, as it applies to the situation. Ex: not all girls want alpha males. Lots of decent couples out there. Bar girls are trash. Etc.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I thought that you wanted to fvck bar girls.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chamber36 said:
Ok. I thought that you wanted to fvck bar girls.
Oh, hell no. I don't even go to bars or clubs anymore. Definitely picked up a lot of trash from there back in the day. And parties. The last time I went to a bar, I was there for about 10 minutes. A girl tried talking to me, and showing interest, and I just ignored her - then left. You could just tell she was trash. I was just hanging out with friends. :rockon: