Why is "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" stll on the air?

S. Pryor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do people not realize how DUMB this show makes adults look? These people are already in binds trying to make money to start up failed businesses, finance trips and criminally overpriced education but do we have to look desparate and STUPID at the same time?

Every show people are struggling to answer questions that people in the 5TH GRADE are learning. A lot of them should know that stuff anyway. If they were paying attention that is. At the end of the show, without fail, the contestant has to take the stare of shame and say "My name is Cunt Jackmeoff and I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader" "A yuk yuk". It really is embarrassing but millions of Americans tune in nightly, or daily, with a big smile on their faces to see what **** education they've really received in their lifetimes. And they are ok with it. Can you imagine if somebody actually was "smarter" than a 5th grader? People would look at the winner like they were a fucking asshole.

Think of the message we're sending to the children. Indirectly we're telling them "Hey none of this **** you're learning right now means anything. It's meaningless". Of course the children are too young to look at it this way but at least one of them are going to make the same discovery I made. "Hey I was on "5th Grader" back in 2010 but none of the adults could beat me. What the **** was I learning any of this **** for?" And unfortunately the saga is just going to continue on and on of lousy piss poor education and happy to know nothin ideologies. I don't know if this show is blasted to other countries or if they have their own versions of "5th Grader" but to me it's not a good look for the States.

Last edited:

WayOfTheDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha!

I was wondering this exact question myself recently.

They don't even have decent celebrities on it anyways.

Why is America's Funniest Home Videos on? How many times can you watch a nut shot?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably because there is an endless supply of people who "Are [NOT] Smarter Than A 5th Grader."

S. Pryor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are You DUMBER Than A 5th Grader? is more like it and apparently we are. These jackasses get hustled by children on a daily basis.

Reaction score
Be more like me, I quit watching television and focused my attention on the pursuit of truth. I mainly listened to Alex Jones show, Hour Of Our Time with William Cooper (old shows), then I watched every film that there is about subjects such as 9/11, the great depression, WW2, American tax system, the Fed, etc.

End result, I wouldn't touch TV even if you gave me money.

I'm in Russia now, I still don't watch it. TV is a psychological weapon. It's a mind control machine. Propaganda and ideas are transmitted right into your living room, and most of us are paying for it. We eat like a tube, dress like a tube, think like a tube, it's mass madness.

Hollywood (magician's holly wood) is a psychological weapon too to a large extent, but I still enjoy a movie, which I download via torrent. I refuse to give them my money.

That box is designed to dumb you down, end result there are masses of people who are dumber than a 5th grader. You think you could be smarter than a 5th grader? I doubt it, years of fluoridated drinking water and television took a toll on your IQ level.

The reason that stupid show is on is because it's dumb. People develop rapport with it.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's just people doing the equivalent of rubbernecking at a car wreck. In a culture with a significant anti-intellectual streak, there's not quite so much shame in being found to be "dumber than a fifth-grader". (Maybe I'm not well-traveled enough, but I couldn't imagine the show existing in, say, Korea or Singapore.)

Really, if people really wanted to find out whether they were smarter than fifth-graders, they could just pick up a children's schoolbook.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S. Pryor said:
Are You DUMBER Than A 5th Grader? is more like it and apparently we are. These jackasses get hustled by children on a daily basis.
Think of the show as the long running public service announcement.